• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

The house shows have been heavily teasing Balor/HHH.

Which we all know should end in Balor replacing HHH as the top heel in the company.

BOW DOWN TO DA FOOKIN KING.
Please. We're gonna get Demon King Finn Balor getting a super push to beat Brock at Summerslam.

AND THEN we'll get Triple H putting himself into another feud with his former NXT talent because THE SYMBOLISM.

klonere

Banned
tfw triple h has to carry rollins and not the other way around

tumblr_ncpu7rtdaQ1sbzhteo1_400.gif

look at little bitch

3H ever been scared of anyone? no 3H is a cool rebel badass 2sweet me. rollins is bithc i think the roman reigns beat rollins coward. seth pussy bitch!!!!! suc my dikc rollin. plz follow ba

Kaladin

tfw triple h has to carry rollins and not the other way around

Rollins has been injured twice, the second time upon his return from injury. Triple H has to work around that and make Rollins look good while not re-injuring him.

Triple H is probably one of the best to do that with at least.

Recall

A lot of these matches turn into no DQ matches just to justify the BS - Sting/HHH wasn't a No DQ match until like right before it happened.

Triple H won then offered the handshake. Who does that? It wasn't Sting offering/saying the better man won it was Triple H doing his "now accept I'm the best" routine. What a cunt.

This.... can't be a real comment.
I dunno, it depends on how long you've been watching wrestling for. It's one of the worst matches I ever saw but I've only been watching since the end of 2013. I don't doubt there are far worse matches out there but I'm not going to search them out, I'm not going out of my way to watch bad matches.

Heroman

Banned
I dunno, it depends on how long you've been watching wrestling for. It's one of the worst matches I ever saw but I've only been watching since the end of 2013. I don't doubt there are far worse matches out there but I'm not going to search them out, I'm not going out of my way to watch bad matches.
It wasn't even the worst match on the show.

creatchee

I don't know. It's definitely one of the worst main event WrestleMania matches I've ever seen. I fell asleep. Twice.

There's a difference in engagement and quality. As an "am I interested in this match or its outcome", I could understand people being less than enthused with it. As a "this match is low quality in terms of the actual work in the ring", that argument can't be made. It's a technically sound match, there weren't any huge botches, and it told the story it meant to tell. Calling it the "worst match I've ever seen" or even the worst match of that year is ridiculous. Being mad or uninterested because one doesn't like the competitor or the situation is fine. And different.

Sephzilla

I seriously believe 32 is the worst WrestleMania of all time. When your highest point of a show is Zack Ryder winning a match, you know you fucked up.

I think you might be right. For me even Ryder winning doesn't register as a high point because he was like #5 on the hierarchy of people who should have won that match.

Always surprised that people start watching wrestling in recent years and not from the 80s/90s

Like what drew Tonto 2013 WWE ??

Anth0ny

for a man who made a career off of terrible wrestlemania main events, hhh vs roman might be hhh's worst mania match, and hell, the worst mania main event of all time

doesn't help that it had to follow 6 hours of shit, but still

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
If Roman does somehow turn heel, Finn's gonna get such a rocket strapped to him (like somehow bigger then the one he already got) which I'm fine with since it means heel Roman.

Finn is getting that Reigns push, only difference is people like Finn. It takes most people a solid year of Finn Balor matches before they realize he's just an entrance. Kids will also eat that shit up, so for a while everyone will be happy.

Zach

Team Total Divas (Brie Bella, Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox, and Eva Marie) defeated Team B.A.D. and Blonde (Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Emma, and Summer Rae) by submission 10-Diva tag team match[100]

Nooooo.

Kalisto (c) defeated Ryback

Wasn't this the match where Ryback saved Kalisto's life, though? That was pretty cool.

1: how the hell do I not remember that
2: lol Hunter can break all the rules he wants, that's supposed to be a no-no I thought
3: RUNNING HUG

Mahonay

Banned
There's a difference in engagement and quality. As an "am I interested in this match or its outcome", I could understand people being less than enthused with it. As a "this match is low quality in terms of the actual work in the ring", that argument can't be made. It's a technically sound match, there weren't any huge botches, and it told the story it meant to tell. Calling it the "worst match I've ever seen" or even the worst match of that year is ridiculous. Being mad or uninterested because one doesn't like the competitor or the situation is fine. And different.
Wrestling is fake sports, and a very large percentage of the enjoyment is derived from the storytelling. The storytelling was some of the worst I've ever witnessed.

This is not NJPW. It's WWE, where even they claim stories are king and wrestling is a distant second.

Anth0ny

It was the main event. The context makes it a lot worse than it would have been otherwise.

tumblr_inline_o53f2oe7oO1trvgoc_500.gif

Even got a pop.

Christ.

30 minute lullaby, throw in the ultimate forced #romanprivilege moment, then another 10 minutes of boredom for the most forced "wrestlemania moment" of all time

klonere

Banned
If Roman does somehow turn heel, Finn's gonna get such a rocket strapped to him (like somehow bigger then the one he already got) which I'm fine with since it means heel Roman.

I doubt Roman is turning heel, I'd say Balor is getting pushed at the expense of Sami and Seth combined.

Sephzilla

if Triple H vs Roman is the worst wrestling match you have ever seen, then you have seen some pretty good wrestling

Unless you start digging through the depths of indie wrestling, HHH vs Roman is generally considered a mediocre match at the absolute best. And in the context of a "WresleMania main event" its a bad match

Zach

After looking over Manio 32's results to remind, I feel like it was a D-level event. Probably better than XV, though. Maybe worse than 2000. :O

And looking at this year's event, I dunno why you're all so down on it. Looks okay.

ICW's return to the Garage looks interesting already.

Joe Coffey vs BT Gunn
Tyler Bate vs Lewis Girvan
Trent Seven (c) vs Mark Coffey - ICW World Heavyweight Title

Heard good things from the 4 way in Leeds last night, buzzing to see that when it gets uploaded on Demand.

Mahonay

Banned
After looking over Manio 32's results to remind, I feel like it was a D-level event. Probably better than XV, though. Maybe worse than 2000. :O

And looking at this year's event, I dunno why you're all so down on it. Looks okay.
My general sentiments.

Kaladin

Yeah, as I've been saying, we'll get some good matches on this year's show.

I think the reason people are down on it is the stories don't have the impact typical Mania season stories do. Even KO vs Jericho and Wyatt vs Orton feel less important than other Mania headliners and those have been building for months.

Heroman

Banned
Unless you start digging through the depths of indie wrestling, HHH vs Roman is generally considered a mediocre match at the absolute best. And in the context of a "WresleMania main event" its a bad match
Shelly Martinez vs rebel happened​ on live TV.

Recall

Agreed. It's always best to wait for the event to be over before judging it, surprises can and do happen.

klonere

Banned
WWE golden rules:

Nothing matters
More content forever
Fuck you idiot mark, you buy our product? Fuck you. (See: Bring it to the Table)
Member the Attitude era
Nothing means ANYTHING

Top Bottom