• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Kaladin

how sad is it that those matches already feel stale even though they've never happened before

alright owens/jericho might be ok.

Bra, you been drinking too much haterade. This Mania has good stuff on it and aside from Taker vs Reigns, some good thoughtful build. If you've watched Smackdown, the Orton / Wyatt build has been nearly as good as the Jericho / Owens build.....just much more of a slow burn. Hell, even the build for Goldberg vs Lesnar has been good with what they've had to work with. That match might not be a five star classic, but it has you wondering what will happen....same with most matches on this card. They could go either way with a lot of them. This Mania is more exciting than recent years and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Projected Card:
WWE Universal Championship
Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar

WWE Championship
Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton

RAW Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Smackdown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. The Entire Smackdown Roster

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin

United States Championship
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse

Which ones are stale? I see one, maybe two.

The problem is that most of these aren't very likely to be good matches and I don't have an active interest in seeing them happen even if I haven't seen them recently. What's the surefire killer match on that card?

Sephzilla

Um.

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho....never happened before unless it happened randomly on some Raw before the friendship angle started.

Roman Reigns vs Undertaker.....never happened before.

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt.....never happened before.

That's several of your top billed matches that have never happened before and stand a chance of being decent to amazing.

When put into context they look less appealing;

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho - Could have been for the Universal title, but now it's going to be a midcard match for a midcard title because KO had to job to Goldberg and lost his lengthy title reign in under a minute.

Roman Reigns vs Undertaker - Taker can't go anymore and I'd be shocked if this didn't turn into another #MakeRomanLookStrong moment

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt - I'm actually okay with this match and feud. But I think a Bray Wyatt world title run should have happened a year or two ago already.

Basically these matches all feel like they lost some of their steam to them.

Kaladin

When put into context they look less appealing;

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho - Could have been for the Universal title, but now it's going to be a midcard match for a midcard title because KO had to job to Goldberg and lost his lengthy title reign in under a minute.

Roman Reigns vs Undertaker - Taker can't go anymore and I'd be shocked if this didn't turn into another #MakeRomanLookStrong moment

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt - I'm actually okay with this match and feud. But I think a Bray Wyatt world title run should have happened a year or two ago already.

Basically these matches all feel like they lost some of their steam to them.

I feel like they screwed up having a Fastlane PPV. They should make Elimination Chamber a Raw and Smackdown PPV and have two chambers like they used to. You could still have Goldberg in last and have him win with a Jackhammer and spear, but at least it wouldn't be to a fresh opponent. It would have created fewer problems just eliminating Fastlane and making EC more important.

Anth0ny thinks that Ocarina of Time - one of the stalest Zelda games of all time - is a good game. You would do well to ignore his posts about match quality.

And that's a SHOOT.

Sephzilla

Anth0ny thinks that Ocarina of Time - one of the stalest Zelda games of all time - is a good game. You would do well to ignore his posts about match quality.

And that's a SHOOT.

Well what do you think is better?

The only acceptable answers are Link to the Past and Majora's Mask

creatchee

The problem is that most of these aren't very likely to be good matches and I don't have an active interest in seeing them happen even if I haven't seen them recently. What's the surefire killer match on that card?

If they have some form of no DQ match, Ambrose-Corbin will be fun. Owens and Jericho will shine. If they book Wyatt and Orton like they did Austin vs Taker at Summerslam 98, that will be awesome. Reigns and Taker could be good. A lot of the matches are dependant on how they're actually handled.

If I had to pick one, I think Owens and Jericho will have the match of the night and the build-up has been perfect.

Kaladin

Fact : Nier (PS3) is at the same time one of the best and one of the weirdest games I have played in a long time.

Also, fuck Nier.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The problem with Jericho is that Jericho is mostly just "competent" as a worker at this point in his career and I don't find it likely at all he's going to put on a great match since he hasn't really done so in forever.

Projected Card:
WWE Universal Championship
Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar

WWE Championship
Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton

RAW Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Smackdown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. The Entire Smackdown Roster

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin

United States Championship
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse

Which ones are stale? I see one, maybe two.

It sucks that Joe makes a debut but can't even get into a card at Mania.

Also I've heard that Nia Jax isn't going to be in the title card at WM.

Zach

whens starcade

ZACH, GET THE GIF!

Rt6jNAV.png

Luschient

WM 9 main event might be the worse WM main event

The match itself or the "Hogan Saves the Day" bit at the end?

I haven't seen that match in some time but I liked Bret being the severe underdog and even managing to get Yoko in a sharpshooter there at the end.

Zero hype for WrestleMania and it feels like they've actively gone out of their way to self sabotage themselves. I miss WM being the culmination of months if not an entire year of story lines.
In truth though this years event is probably the most long term booking the event has seen in years, one match has its build starting from the night after summerslam, one from a feud that started in early fall and another at survivor series.

Zach

The New Zach Times has intercepted what is believed to be a list of upcoming GWF events straight from the desk of GWF President Sephzilla Monsoon:

March 1 - GWF I: GWF's Not Dead
mid-late March - GWF II: WrassleGAF Super Cup Tournament 2: Sweet
April - GWF III: Sports-Entertainia
May - GWF IV: ZACHLASH [tentative title]
June - GWF V: The Mega-Posters... EXPLODE!
July - GWF VI: Blast at the Beach
August - GWF VII: SummerSpear
September - GWF VIII: Elimination Chamber of Horrors
October - GWF IX: Halloween Heck
November - GWF X: Ten Events in the Making
December - GAFFCADE DATAACADE 2017

More on this as it develops.

Zach

Zach's creating competition for GWF.

ZWZ vs GWF. The someday night wars.

Ha! I like the Someday Night Wars. That's cute, The Strokes. Dang cute.

But nah, Professor Beef is going to do a WCW-inspired Fire Pro league soon. WGW. World GAFionship Wrasslin'.

ZWZ would get ratings like Zach gets wins in GWF

LWMdByg.gif

<3 u zach and hope you do well in the Tag Tournament

Hey!

Oh, hey.

Not being lonely or depressed, but thinking of potentially being so, has me depressed.

Sounds like some 4D depression.

Top Bottom