• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

I was really surprised to hear Corey talk the truth on Shane vs AJ. I was expecting oh here we go with the "Can't wait!" jerking Vince off praises.

I personally also think it is a HUGE waste of AJ who should be doing much more important things, and I don't understand why Shane the '1 big spot' match is seen as an important thing to do at WM other than him being the bosses son thing.

Have been saying it since it was rumored, hoped it wasn't the case in the stupid build up but now that it's obviously on I'm disappointed.

I was really surprised to hear Corey talk the truth on Shane vs AJ. I was expecting oh here we go with the "Can't wait!" jerking Vince off praises.

I personally also think it is a HUGE waste of AJ who should be doing much more important things, and I don't understand why Shane the '1 big spot' match is seen as an important thing to do at WM other than him being the bosses son thing.

Have been saying it since it was rumored, hoped it wasn't the case in the stupid build up but now that it's obviously on I'm disappointed.

In a just world, Shane would say "I'm going to find someone for you to wrestle to humble you a bit, ya fuckwit AJ."

Then AJ and Nakamura would have a 30 minute match at Mania.

But nah, AJ will put over Shane after Shane jumps off something and concusses himself.

Recall

So when AJ vs Shane steals the show are people going to then stop complaining or like always will there be something else to whinge about?

Yes it's not ideal, it doesn't make much sense but again WWE isn't about strong booking it's about moments. This shouldn't be surprising anymore.

WM31 had terrible booking going in and now in hindsight people like the show. Maybe just give it a chance?

Hasney

So when AJ vs Shane steals the show are people going to then stop complaining or like always will there be something else to whinge about?

Yes it's not ideal, it doesn't make much sense but again WWE isn't about strong booking it's about moments. This shouldn't be surprising anymore.

WM31 had terrible booking going in and now in hindsight people like the show. Maybe just give it a chance?

I don't like WM31. How dare you.

This one doesn't even have a clusterfuck ladder match for me to enjoy.

Recall

It was better live than in hindsight watching Roman get his shit pushed in and then Seth coming out. The actual match itself is a slow, plodding affair with not much action until Seth shows up.

It was a dramatic contest with the audience convinced that Reigns was getting the title to pay off his mega push and they swerved us.

But you liked a ladder match that created no drama and instead was a pointless spotfest?

Each to their own :)

C61kOFUVoAAAfiz.jpg

Hasney

It was a dramatic contest with the audience convinced that Reigns was getting the title to pay off his mega push and they swerved us.

But you liked a ladder match that created no drama and instead was a pointless spotfest?

Each to their own :)

Honestly, I will say that I am interested in what they do with Brock/Goldberg again, because obviously attempting to put on a full wrestling match is out of the question. Not enough to watch it live, but enough to read what happens.

Honestly, the reason I'm so down on AJ/Shane is that Shane just looked like a wreck in that Undertaker match. Sure, he'll do something to make a nice gif and AJ will be in control for the majority of the match, but I wish Shane could be protected by having a team mate and make it a tag or something.

Outside of KO/Jericho & Neville/Aries, there's just nothing that seems interesting to watch from a wrasslin' standpoint as even if the result is intriguing, it sounds better to read about it and move on ready for Raw/Smackdown rather than actually sit through.

He's not wrong but lol why the fuck do you put this on your show... on your network...

It's so you can put Graves' voice over black and white footage of Shane training or looking at the Wrestlemania sign while an urgent piano plays in the background as you build whether or not Shane can still go in 2017.

Kurita

It's so you can put Graves' voice over black and white footage of Shane training or looking at the Wrestlemania sign while an urgent piano plays in the background as you build whether or not Shane can still go in 2017.

Don't laugh cause they might totally do that

It's amazing how much Anderson carries Gallows

Enzo & Cass literally have the same match every single time:
- Enzo starts off
- Gets beat on
- Has some minor fight
- Hot tag
- Boot to the face / over the rope
- HOW YOU DOIN yell

Zach

Sephzilla, please rechristen the B+ Babbyweight Championship the Intercontinental Breakfastweight Championship. Thank you.

I still haven't seen that drastic separation between the two. Still feel like a generic tag team with two white bald guys w/goatees.

It just seems like Anderson (Smaller guy) can work a lot more in the ring and do much better wrestling. Gallows basically comes in and does his boot, with those goofy corner punches.

Shane's last two performances featured the second most boring match on the card, and Shane concussing himself.

Heroman

Banned
It just seems like Anderson (Smaller guy) can work a lot more in the ring and do much better wrestling. Gallows basically comes in and does his boot, with those goofy corner punches.
Anderson is a really great wreslter ,he probably the best wrestler in both tag team division outside of Cesaro

Seijuro

The main problem with the Shane/AJ match is not even Shane as a wrestler, but that guys like Joe or Finn are on the main roster with nothing to do at Mania except the Battle Royal, when arguably WWEs top guy is stuck in a match no one wants to see.

Still hoping Shane pulls that exhibition match rabbit out of his hat tonight and let's AJ wrestle against a real wrestler that can have a normal match.
Bring up Nakamura, or just tell AJ he will face Finn in a one off exhibition match to take him down a notch, they could even work something up with Joe coming down to SD Live...

Heroman

Banned
The main problem with the Shane/AJ match is not even Shane as a wrestler, but that guys like Joe or Finn are on the main roster with nothing to do at Mania except the Battle Royal.

Still hoping Shane pulls that exhibition match rabbit out of his hat tonight and let's AJ wrestle against a real wrestler that can have a normal match.
Bring up Nakamura, or just tell AJ he will face Finn in a one off exhibition match to take him down a notch, they could even work something up with Joe coming down to SD Live...
None of this will happen.

Top Bottom