• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Kaladin

I know it's kinda unpopular to say such things but damn do I love heel Trips, that segment at the end of Raw was fun thanks to him.
Also current Trips has hilarious selling, the mandible claw was grand.

I also think it made perfect sense that the segment ended with Seth getting his ass kicked, dude is still injured, puts up a valiant effort but Trips targets weakpoint because SO CEREBRAL ASSASSIN.

Current Triple H is amazing. I know it's also an unpopular opinion but I've enjoyed him ever since he became a Pseudo Vince McMahon, even through the authority run.

I especially loved the line last night about how he creates new stars so we don't have to see old has-beens like Mick Foley.

He always turns it up for Mania season and he usually delivers. Stephanie on the other hand.......eh.

Sephzilla

I know it's kinda unpopular to say such things but damn do I love heel Trips, that segment at the end of Raw was fun thanks to him.
Also current Trips has hilarious selling, the mandible claw was grand.

I also think it made perfect sense that the segment ended with Seth getting his ass kicked, dude is still injured, puts up a valiant effort but Trips targets weakpoint because SO CEREBRAL ASSASSIN.

Modern NuVince HHH is basically the only form of HHH I actually like as a character. He actually does work really well as a Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising type final boss persona. The Daniel Bryan feud basically cemented this as HHH's best role.

The main problems I have with HHH are the revisionist history that tries to paint him as some major contributor to WWE's prime when he was actually just a supporting role, and all of the backstage politicking he did to get to the place he is now. And, because both he and Stephanie have a bit of an ego, neither of them will ever really relinquish the role of the heel authority figure even though logically they should have been defeated and gone after WrestleMania 30

Also, potentially controversial opinion: The main event of WrestleMania 30 should have been HHH vs Daniel Bryan for the title. No Orton/Batista/Bryan triple threat

Zach

Sources inside the GWF locker room have indicated that GWF Superstar Zach has heat with upper management. This has been confirmed from multiple sources, but it is unclear what the heat is about. Subscribe to my newsletter to find out more as it develops.

#GWFObserver

Sure, I've got heat. I'm the GWF's Cholula.

somedevil

According to ryan satin Seth Rollins is still not totally cleared:

Triple H and Seth Rollins traded blows and got physical on Monday Night Raw … but we’re told The Architect’s status for WrestleMania 33 is still up in the air.

Sources tell us Rollins was recently cleared by doctors, but with restrictions — meaning they cleared him for base work but still no full matches quite yet. This is why he was able to mix it up in the ring.

I wonder if Finn is plan B if he is not ready.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There's literally no way they don't have a Plan B for HHH at WM

My guess is that the plans go in this order:

1) Rollins v. HHH
2) Rollins/Balor v. HHH/Joe
3) Balor v. HHH

Current Triple H is amazing. I know it's also an unpopular opinion but I've enjoyed him ever since he became a Pseudo Vince McMahon, even through the authority run.

I especially loved the line last night about how he creates new stars so we don't have to see old has-beens like Mick Foley.

He always turns it up for Mania season and he usually delivers. Stephanie on the other hand.......eh.
Pretty much in complete agreement right down to ehhh Steph.
Even though the authority stuff has more than run its course Triple H can really make it work, it helps that in egenral he's not appearing too much to get stale in his role which is in turn one of the issues Stephanie has since she's there every week doing a lesser job at the similar role.

As an aside, Steph should take a look at Vicki Guerrero to see how you can be a pain in the ass authrotity figure who actually gets their comeuppance.

Modern NuVince HHH is basically the only form of HHH I actually like as a character. He actually does work really well as a Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising type final boss persona. The Daniel Bryan feud basically cemented this as HHH's best role.

The main problems I have with HHH are the revisionist history that tries to paint him as some major contributor to WWE's prime when he was actually just a supporting role, and all of the backstage politicking he did to get to the place he is now. And, because both he and Stephanie have a bit of an ego, neither of them will ever really relinquish the role of the heel authority figure even though logically they should have been defeated and gone after WrestleMania 30

Also, potentially controversial opinion: The main event of WrestleMania 30 should have been HHH vs Daniel Bryan for the title. No Orton/Batista/Bryan triple threat

Triple H works best as a heel when he's actually formidable, it's kind of funny that his long heel run from 2002-2004 as a often cowardly heel throwback to the olden days managed to actually suck significantly more despite the fact he looks more like a chump, like he somehow played the coward character with the actual dominant booking of a monster heel, you can't have it both ways! (actually JBL could argue otherwise, i'm going off topic here)

There's definitely a fair amount of revisionist history going on I'd agree yet I feel his supporting roles are often a bit understated, very solid hand in the midcard and making post HBK DX work better than expected, I consider him the AE's best heel after Vinny Mac even if that's just from his 2000 run, it's a shame that they can't just accept that's an impressive enough role for him to have played in history.
What they sometimes do with Triple H in these retrospectives is like if you tried to put Kane up there with Taker in contribution to the business.

Sephzilla

If Seth is good enough to brawl in the ring then he's probably on the brink of being cleared for full matches. He's got almost 3 full weeks to go yet.

So there's a chance Seth might not wrestle at all?

I would laugh though if Finn is the answer. Have Seth come out and be all 'Triple H, you had Samoa Joe injure me! So I'm getting the man I injured myself to fight you!'

Sephzilla

So there's a chance Seth might not wrestle at all?

I would laugh though if Finn is the answer. Have Seth come out and be all 'Triple H, you had Samoa Joe injure me! So I'm getting the man I injured myself to fight you!'

Well, I mean, from Seth's perspective Demon Balor was injured and still beat Seth. So yeah, I'd try to get that to fight for me too.

There's definitely a fair amount of revisionist history going on I'd agree yet I feel his supporting roles are often a bit understated, very solid hand in the midcard and making post HBK DX work better than expected, I consider him the AE's best heel after Vinny Mac even if that's just from his 2000 run, it's a shame that they can't just accept that's an impressive enough role for him to have played in history.
What they sometimes do with Triple H in these retrospectives is like if you tried to put Kane up there with Taker in contribution to the business.

I'd honestly put HHH behind Undertaker and Bret Hart in terms of great Attitude Era heels. His 2000 run was really the only time he ever truly stepped up into main event heel territory, before that he was mostly doing midcard stuff while Taker and Vince were doing stuff with Austin. I won't deny that HHH was a pretty solid supporting role mid-maybe-upper heel during the Attitude Era. But in no way would I ever consider him anything more than a B+ player during that era.

klonere

Banned
HHH knows the secret to executing good angles and always feeling like a star on TV.

Don't be on Raw. In fact, be on TV as little as possible. Being on TV actively harms your ability to be a top level player after a certain point.

Well, I mean, from Seth's perspective Demon Balor was injured and still beat Seth. So yeah, I'd try to get that to fight for me too.
I get that but it would still be funny since in the span of like a week WWE turned Seth from gloating about injuring Balor to being a babyface whining of how he can't win all these amazing opportunities Triple H kept tossing at him.

Sephzilla

I get that but it would still be funny since in the span of like a week WWE turned Seth from gloating about injuring Balor to being a babyface whining of how he can't win all these amazing opportunities Triple H kept tossing at him.

Thanks for reminding me how amazingly botched Rollins' face turn was

Sephzilla

Also, I love that Roman Reigns has seemingly inherited the #GoodGuyCena? mindset. Why wasn't he out there helping his former brother in arms

Tom Nook

There's literally no way they don't have a Plan B for HHH at WM

My guess is that the plans go in this order:

1) Rollins v. HHH
2) Rollins/Balor v. HHH/Joe
3) Balor v. HHH

This would work. Rollins and HHH would still get their "match" while Balor/Joe have something to do at WM.

Balor being in this Rollins storyline would make no sense at all. The two of them being on a tag team makes even less sense. Keep those two vanilla midgets away from each other.

I'd honestly put HHH behind Undertaker and Bret Hart in terms of great Attitude Era heels. His 2000 run was really the only time he ever truly stepped up into main event heel territory, before that he was mostly doing midcard stuff while Taker and Vince were doing stuff with Austin. I won't deny that HHH was a pretty solid supporting role mid-maybe-upper heel during the Attitude Era. But in no way would I ever consider him anything more than a B+ player during that era.
Ministry Taker was pretty damn dope, for some reason I always forget Bret, maybe it's because I tend to think of the AE starting immediately after he left.

I'm hoping they use Wrestlemania as a way to reboot Seth's face run and this past little bit can become Seth's dark ages.

He also needs some serious character work, even as the top heel I never really got who Seth Rollins was so to speak.
No amount of verbiage from THE ARCHITECT to THE KINGSLAYER really explains anything.

Also, I love that Roman Reigns has seemingly inherited the #GoodGuyCena? mindset. Why wasn't he out there helping his former brother in arms

I still have so much love for Ryback justifying his heel turn with "where the fuck was Cena?"

Sephzilla

Rollins/Balor v. HHH/Joe would be cool. Seth and HHH get their match, Seth can be protected a little, and we sort of get a mini revival of the Balor/Joe NXT feud.

Kaladin

He also needs some serious character work, even as the top heel I never really got who Seth Rollins was so to speak.
No amount of verbiage from THE ARCHITECT to THE KINGSLAYER really explains anything.

At least as champ, he was a typical WWE chicken-shit heel champ who hid behind his cronies and was often vulnerable when they failed and / or turned on him.

I hated that angle for him because he would be so much better as the heel champ that can back up what he says in the ring with no help. But that's not WWE's style.

Sephzilla

Is anyone looking for that to be revived?

DQjeM.gif

sure

Caderfix

Rollins: Tripleightch! I won't be able to fight you on Mania this year, but a good friend of mine will! DA DEMON KING! COME OUT HERE DEMON KING! HA HA HA HA

Watching the WM 31 ladder match and did Ambrose really fucking do a lunatic lariat just from being gently pushed off the ladder by Ziggler and then bounced off to shove the ladder to the floor?

A mess.

Triple H is going to feud with every single big guy from NXT. Finn's next because it's going to be so poetic.

HHHBalor.jpg

Also this picture makes it look like Balor has some Corbin hair going on.

At this point I think like nearly everyone AJ has done a Styles Clash on has kicked out of it. It's seen more like a signature with the Phenomenal Forearm being the true finisher.

klonere

Banned
C'MON DEMON KING
DEMON KING
WHERE ARE YOU, DEMON KING

its me im here
being affable, presentable and charming on the morning talk shows
doing charity work for the homeless in ireland
selling loads of merch to the smarks and kiddies
having average matches
being vanilla as fuck
but vanilla is a lot of people's favorite flavour

#BalorEra

Zach

Triple H is going to feud with every single big guy from NXT. Finn's next because it's going to be so poetic.

HHHBalor.jpg

Also this picture makes it look like Balor has some Corbin hair going on.

Imagine Vince McMahon taking a backstage picture like this with Kane after Badd Blood '97. >___>

Caderfix

its me im here
being affable, presentable and charming on the morning talk shows
doing charity work for the homeless in ireland
selling loads of merch to the smarks and kiddies
having average matches
being vanilla as fuck
but vanilla is a lot of people's favorite flavour

#BalorEra

That's a good post

Top Bottom