• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Against Taker
Well-uh, you see-uh, Shawn-uh, had two great-uh, matches with Taker so I-uh, had to do the same-uh.

3hfail.gif

shanafan

Fun fact.. ropes are not actually changed for Crusierweight matches. The ring crew actually puts on purple tape during commercial breaks.

Saw the same ring crew do it 3 times last night. Like a dozen guys rush to the ring, change the apron while applying the purple tape.

It's quite a production.. but they have it down to a science.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not usually into Bayley in that way, but that's p sexy. WHERE IS MENOME?

Bayley is pretty cute, but then again so is literally every female WWE puts on camera.

This, of course, works to their detriment when they try to sell Nia Jax as an evil monster and she literally can't stop looking sweet and cute no matter how hard she tries.

gun_haver

Latest lapsed fan is pretty good.

Shawn's book sounds full of shit

ah, they're finally off that AWA stuff.

nothing against the guys doing a project on what they're interested in, but i can't really listen to a 6 hour podcast about a bunch of old wrestlers i've never heard of. i struggle even with the WCW shows even though i know most of the roster, cos i didn't watch WCW.

Kaladin

Fun fact.. ropes are not actually changed for Crusierweight matches. The ring crew actually puts on purple tape during commercial breaks.

Saw the same ring crew do it 3 times last night. Like a dozen guys rush to the ring, change the apron while applying the purple tape.

It's quite a production.. but they have it down to a science.

WWE ring crews are amazing to watch, especially after you've been to indy shows and seen them take an hour to put up a cage.

I wonder how many camera men have ended up in the current WWE and are told "make sure you zoom in and out when punches happen!" and groan.

The stuff from raw was egregious last night

shanafan

JBL burying 205 Live

205 and the cruiserweight division is growing on me. I really enjoy the talent pool 205 has, and even for a dark match last night before Raw, Jack Gallagher got quite the pop during his entrance, and during the match.

With AA in 205 now, it can only get better. Neville has really saved 205 I think, too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think "vanilla midget" has any actual meaning beyond a thing people like to say because they love pretending to be a wrestler and parroting Jim Cornette shoots/Kevin Nashisms/etc.

Finn Balor is over and will probably get pushed to the moon when he comes back.

klonere

Banned
Is the most recent wXw 16 Carat on the FloSlam gimmick yet?

No, starts tomorrow, day by day until the 17th.

I started watching on WXWNow, I wanted to see Ambition because Trashy Tim was the star of it.

Too much goofy storylines not enough action

Solution is factions with a ton of 6 man tags. Half the roster has been in Dragon Gate of one form or another, stick them in DG style multimans and let them go hog wild. The last match that really got over in the division was wouldn't you guess it, a 6 man.

I don't think "vanilla midget" has any actual meaning beyond a thing people like to say because they love pretending to be a wrestler and parroting Jim Cornette shoots/Kevin Nashisms/etc.

Finn Balor is average and stale as fuck. He doesn't stand out. None of his matches stand out. He's a shit promo. And the black trunks and gear.
2vanilla4me

Angry Grimace

Much like with Kyrie Irving, saying you are a flat earther is just a way to troll the media.

As far as I'm concerned that's the only time Vince was ever good on commentary. And even then I think Gorilla/Heenan or JR would have made that moment even better

Look at Caderfix trying to win over the sympathy of the GWF Universe in the build up to GWF2.

I agree with you mostly, gaming side and OT feel sad right now. But then I went and revisited Destructoid and the comment sections there kind of suck. So maybe it's not THAT bad here

Gaming side of Gaf has sucked for a while, yeah.

Finally watching Shibata vs Sabre Jr, and I'm all like

QONVIyz.gif

I think it's just that its a funny and silly sounding descriptor, heh, vanilla midget.

If I were to ever use it with a hint of seriousness it probably involves the lesser folk of 205 live.

I know why the do it this way, but I wish they'd get rid of the 205 branding mid show. it's so obvious when it's going on because they do the 5+ minute video packages.

Pikma

Banned
No, starts tomorrow, day by day until the 17th.

I started watching on WXWNow, I wanted to see Ambition because Trashy Tim was the star of it.

Solution is factions with a ton of 6 man tags. Half the roster has been in Dragon Gate of one form or another, stick them in DG style multimans and let them go hog wild. The last match that really got over in the division was wouldn't you guess it, a 6 man.
It's a narrative, Graves and JBL said that because the higher ups think that, you can tell because there's already some changes going on, including longer matches, faster pacing and more bumps. But yeah, that'd be fucking awesome

Angry Grimace

I think it's just that its a funny and silly sounding descriptor, heh, vanilla midget.

If I were to ever use it with a hint of seriousness it probably involves the lesser folk of 205 live.
I mean, it's a meaningless descriptor.

People just like type it out to increase their post count.

Describing Balor as a vanilla midget because you don't like any of the aspects of his character that set him apart is just asinine.

Corey Graves: "Aj Styles Vs Shane does absolutely nothing for me"

Yeah and and me both brother. Like I have said before, such a waste. Very poor decision.
I am not entirely convinced it's not work i.e. Shane will bring out a replacement opponent like Nakamura or Balor.

But it does seem like they're going with Shane which is too bad.

Top Bottom