• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

I laughed at the part when Renee went to check on Shane but she was still holding the mic, I honestly thought she was going to ask him a question for a second there lol.

"Shane! Shane! What are your thoughts on this brutal beatdown that just occurred between you and AJ?"

Hasney

You thought AJ is winning that match? Lol

Yeah, Shane's not won since he came back. Really hope it's via a heel turn and interference though.

I think DB got the most heel heat of his career by "firing" AJ even after the "heinous" attack.

EDIT: Noble and Finlay should cost AJ after seeing the backstage thing.

C68urLNXAAIs7ki.jpg:large

Curious choice of venues, wasn't expecting Aberdeen there. Makes sense to use Sanity and Ally Black in advertising for UK people.

Interesting that Asuka is advertised and Nakamura isn't.

Raw64life

I feel bad for anyone who still buys a ticket to see wrestling and went to Smackdown last night. Basically no one of importance wrestled outside of the women. Cena, AJ, Orton, Wyatt, Harper, Ambrose, Corbin, Miz all either came out and talked, talked on a screen, or just weren't there at all.

I feel bad for anyone who still buys a ticket to see wrestling and went to Smackdown last night. Basically no one of importance wrestled outside of the women. Cena, AJ, Orton, Wyatt, Harper, Ambrose, Corbin, Miz all either came out and talked, talked on a screen, or just weren't there at all.

The last couple of weeks would have been utter garbage to go to live.

Hasney

Nah man. Fuck Shane. Go back to China and being Vince's failure faux-son.

Feels like a business Steph could prove herself in too. She can go join him.

Good. They're overexposed as it is and it was a fun show without having to make all the top stars wrestle. Who the fuck would pay to see Miz wrestle instead of talk or Corbin at all though? C'mon son.

They got an AJ V Cena dark match and for those weird in-ring Miz marks, Ambrose V Miz too.

Raw64life

Good. They're overexposed as it is and it was a fun show without having to make all the top stars wrestle. Who the fuck would pay to see Miz wrestle instead of talk or Corbin at all though? C'mon son.

They got an AJ V Cena dark match and for those weird in-ring Miz marks, Ambrose V Miz too.

I'm not saying it was terrible TV, but it would be a terrible show to buy a ticket for and see live.

Hasney

I'm not saying it was terrible TV, but it would be a terrible show to buy a ticket for and see live.

That depends on if you actually like the show and story telling or not I would think. Looks like they also got Bray V Harper dark match on top of the other two, so if you wanted to see the stars wrestle, you got everyone but Orton.

That depends on if you actually like the show and story telling or not I would think. Looks like they also got Bray V Harper dark match on top of the other two, so if you wanted to see the stars wrestle, you got everyone but Orton.

Just think about how much downtime there is for advertisements, then like last week, there was 3 matches over 2 hours. I mean you'd get 205 and dark matches, but 2 hours with 3 shitty matches then looking at a screen the rest of the time?

It would probably be a pretty shit live experience, as much as I enjoyed watching it at home last week.

Hasney

Just think about how much downtime there is for advertisements, then like last week, there was 3 matches over 2 hours. I mean you'd get 205 and dark matches, but 2 hours with 3 shitty matches then looking at a screen the rest of the time?

It would probably be a pretty shit live experience, as much as I enjoyed watching it at home last week.

I thought the womens matches were pretty damn good. Tag match was underwhelming though.

I'll be surprised if this match doesn't end up getting a "If AJ loses, he has to leave SmackDown" stip. This way, Vince can get him back on Raw.

There's apparently going to be a trade episode after Mania sometime. Shane will probably just unload him because they can't work together or whatever.

kiguel182

Smackdown really dropped the ball with the tag team division. It had some momentum with Heath Slather and Rhyno being entertaining every week and then, as soon as they won the titles, they just disappeared and the whole division with them.

Sure, they don't have the best teams but they could've done something much better than what we have today.

It's a shame.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Are we having another "draft" after Mania?

I've read that it's supposed to be pretty limited. There's going to be protections in place, like you can't take another brand's champion.

I don't like the yearly drafts, so I hope they don't end up doing it. Do the trade episode, make stipulations around interbrand PPVs, but I think they should be keeping the relative brand identities.

Raw64life

Where are you seeing this? All I'm seeing is Ambrose vs. Corbin happened after the show (which means, after 205 Live, assuming anyone stayed in the arena that long).

Hasney

Where are you seeing this? All I'm seeing is Ambrose vs. Corbin happened after the show (which means, after 205 Live, assuming anyone stayed in the arena that long).

http://prowrestling.net/site/2017/0...an-clark-santino-marella-beulah-mcgillicutty/

-The dark main events advertised locally for tonight's Smackdown event are John Cena vs. AJ Styles, and Dean Ambrose The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship.

Unless they changed it.

The Bray/Harper thing might be bullshit, saw a video uploaded claiming it happened but the same account had a "Cena promo from 14th March Smackdown" which was him talking about Dean Ambrose with the belt and hyping up No Mercy.

Of course they stayed until the end of 205 Live though. Who was going to miss AA?!

I'd miss AJ on SD, but I'd love to see the feuds he'd have on RAW AND Sami on SD would be GREAT.

Dunno. I'd probably watch his matches on PPV but Raws writing is so bad that I can't even be bothered to tune in. Maybe a roster shake up will change that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Raw64life

New Japan Cup spoiler:
Shibata beat Juice Robinson, to the surprise of no-one

It's been a pretty average tournament so far. Block A is complete trash.

http://prowrestling.net/site/2017/0...an-clark-santino-marella-beulah-mcgillicutty/

Unless they changed it.

The Bray/Harper thing might be bullshit, saw a video uploaded claiming it happened but the same account had a "Cena promo from 14th March Smackdown" which was him talking about Dean Ambrose with the belt and hyping up No Mercy.

Of course they stayed until the end of 205 Live though. Who was going to miss AA?!

http://www.iwnerd.com/after-smackdown-march-14-2017-dark-match/

Seems like they changed it as that link and every other link Google gives me says the same thing. Which makes it even worse that they actually advertised all those guys wrestling and then none of them did except for Ambrose.

I'd like if the women's match for Smackdown at Wrestlemania was a ladder match. Not sure if it will be though but the fact they brought up the lack of a stipulation last night made me think it might be something cool.

Top Bottom