• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Hasney

tumblr_omu463tLnO1u1ljrzo3_540.gif

Swagatha Christie has got the moves

Stall19

Shibata vs Juice is up, I really enjoyed it, felt like I was sitting in the audience because of the static camera and no commentary.

if you don't feel like watching it or cant, the winner was
Shibata

Shibata!

Shibata!

Juice!
Shibata!

Why do japanese fans insist on yelling the competitors names during a match? They aint even saying anything other than screaming out their names.

DUH MELTZ has an interesting tidbit about next year's Wrestlemania...

it all makes sense now. Roman Reigns defeats Undertaker in April, taker then cuts a promo handing the Big Dog his trademark hat and duster telling him the gunslinger must live on.

And then the new Undertaker decides to call out Brock Lesnar to avenge the loss of the previous Undertaker's streak.

Recall

Shibata!

Shibata!

Juice!
Shibata!

Why do japanese fans insist on yelling the competitors names during a match? They aint even saying anything other than screaming out their names.

Fucking a thousand times better than the bullshit chants western fans are obsessed with.

If the WWE Women's tournament thing ends up like the CWC and they pretty much let everyone do what they want, we would end up getting something pretty amazing from Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo.

I mean, I doubt will get those insane Ganso bomb spots and crazy shit of that nature, but we will still get an amazing match.

After that, well.

Shibata!

Shibata!

Juice!
Shibata!

Because NJPW is more like a sport than a spectacle/show. So they're cheering on the wrestlers like you would a player or fighter.

If the WWE Women's tournament thing ends up like the CWC and they pretty much let everyone do what they want, we would end up getting something pretty amazing from Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo.

I mean, I doubt will get those insane Ganso bomb spots and crazy shit of that nature, but we will still get an amazing match.

After that, well.

Is there a roster for this? I think some of the UK women have done stardom matches so they may be up for the harder style.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because NJPW is more like a sport than a spectacle/show. So they're cheering on the wrestlers like you would a player or fighter.

Is there a roster for this? I think some of the UK women have done stardom matches so they may be up for the harder style.
NJPW looks nothing like a sport lmao

Also, Rusev is out with shoulder surgery and Nakamura is expected to start on the main roster very soon.

klonere

Banned
They do the same cheering during the most brutal BJW deathmatches, its a cultural thing rather than anything to do with presentation.

Foggy

There's a reason so many people have a disdain for Stardom's model of just constantly bringing over foreign wrestlers instead of bringing in native freelancers. The tours arent't long enough or the wrestlers just flat out aren't talented enough to acclimate. The closest you might get is Kay Lee Ray but someone like Nixon Newell isn't going to wrestle hard. The biggest problem is rhythm and pace more than hardstyle and both Io and Kairi when working with the right people can be incredibly smooth. And vicious. Some may surprise though since there aren't many opportunities to get matched up with a great female wrestler on the indie circuit.

After that, well.

Yeah that's the most I'm hoping for. And weekly NXT is tumbleweeds so I can mostly look forward to Takeovers and hope they're not gimped too bad. I'd like for things to turn around but until given a reason otherwise, I'm skeptical.

I still get the feeling a lot of talented female wrestlers are going to be left in the lurch. At a minimum, there should be 6 standout female wrestlers in the tournament. Does NXT have any room for them at all?

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are probably getting called up whenever they do the next draft at the latest so that's two spots, ready or not Liv Morgan is almost certainly going to be called up too, hell I wouldn't be surprised of Mandy Rose gets brought up too and Asuka is likely gone soon as well though I kind of don't want her to leave now with Kairi and possibly Io coming in. Still, there's Heidi... Ruby Riot, Kimber Lee, Nixon Newell and Evie that will also be showing up on NXT TV before long and there's still several others we either haven't seen on NXT TV yet or haven't been utilized very much never mind who might be signed from the tournament. There's a lot of women never mind still all the men that have yet to debut to the point where maybe NXT could use more time or we're going to be seeing less development talent that are still works in progress in anything other than jobber roles.

Or they could start putting some of the women together into tag teams which could help some giving more women TV time though that could be a division that would go no where without something happening eventually on the main roster.

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are probably getting called up whenever they do the next draft at the latest so that's two spots, Liv is almost certainly going to be called up too and Asuka is likely gone soon as well though I kind of don't want her to leave now with Kairi and possibly Io coming in. Still, there's Heidi... Ruby Riot, Kimber Lee, Nixon Newell and Evie that will also be showing up on NXT TV before long and there's still several others we either haven't seen on NXT TV yet or haven't been utilized very much never mind who might be signed from the tournament. There's a lot of women never mind still all the guys to the point where maybe NXT could use more time.
Peyton, Billie, and liv are so damn awful and don't know how they are on tv currently, they would be on the roster for a year or two and then be cut.

Getting around to watching NXT... They're setting up Asuka as being over confident and losing because of it aren't they?

Peyton, Billie, and liv are so damn awful and don't know how they are on tv currently, they would be on the roster for a year or two and then be cut.

If Carmella and Nia Jax can get called up, so can they.

Foggy

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are probably getting called up whenever they do the next draft at the latest so that's two spots, ready or not Liv Morgan is almost certainly going to be called up too, hell I wouldn't be surprised of Mandy Rose gets brought up too and Asuka is likely gone soon as well though I kind of don't want her to leave now with Kairi and possibly Io coming in. Still, there's Heidi... Ruby Riot, Kimber Lee, Nixon Newell and Evie that will also be showing up on NXT TV before long and there's still several others we either haven't seen on NXT TV yet or haven't been utilized very much never mind who might be signed from the tournament. There's a lot of women never mind still all the men that have yet to debut to the point where maybe NXT could use more time or we're going to be seeing less development talent that are still works in progress in anything other than jobber roles.

Or they could start putting some of the women together into tag teams which could help some giving more women TV time though that could be a division that would go no where without something happening eventually on the main roster.

There's always two facets to these kinds of discussions, what WWE has the ability to do and what they will actually do. There's definitely a way to give all of them the spotlight they deserve but will that reshuffling happen? I doubt it. If Billie Kay, Peyton, and Liv get called up what would they even do? The rigidity of the female divisions is just as bad on the main roster. Unless they decide to give Ellsworth his own harem anime, it's hard to see it happening.

Personally, I'd love a tag division but I doubt they pull the trigger on it.

I'm so glad today is my last final for the quarter, so now I can focus on what's important: kideo games! Nintendo! WRASSLIN! WOOOOO

I will miss getting to experience wrassleGAF in the wee hours of the morning, though.

imBask

Banned
Personally these weird, Uncanny Valley, Invasion of The Body Snatchers looking freaks would take me out of the story.

But that's just me.

I mean it's fine, people can like whatever they want really, as long as they don't go full delusional I really don't care

I love a ton of bad games/movies, but i'm not pretending they're great...

Lothar

Banned
hell yeah.

To celebrate Stone Cold Steve Austin Day, everyone should watch Bret/Austin from Mania 13. The true beginning of the Austin era.

Before anyone watches Bret/Austin, they should watch the storyline for it. Since it is the best one they've ever made.

Buildup to Survivor Series 96
Bret snaps
Bret/Austin WM promo

How fucking brilliant is it that they told the fans to put themselves in Bret shoes right before the match where he would turn heel? That's like a Sopranos/Breaking Bad move when they want you to sympathize with the heel.

This change in Bret is exactly what you would expect to happen if you dropped him into the Attitude Era. In the Attitude Era and after, people are ok with being screwed out of matches due to someone interfering. They just want to invoke their rematch clause. Not Bret. He thinks that's total bullshit.

I mean it's fine, people can like whatever they want really, as long as they don't go full delusional I really don't care

I love a ton of bad games/movies, but i'm not pretending they're great...
Oh yeah I don't really care, I just find it funny more than anything. I'm talking about the devs more than anything, don't know how they can be proud of that.

The current state of Mass Effect probably occurred because the gaming industry let Bioware get away with Dragon Age Inquisition at the time because dammit they really wanted to justify their next gen console purchases with something.
Now they've Ambrose'd their way to the next game.

edit: why is that gif slaying me when she hits the table, more Ambrose esque action?
*summerslam superkick barricade.gif*

jmdajr

I'll make my prediction.

WM31 - Lesnar
WM32 - HHH
WM33 - Taker
WM34 - Lesnar II
WM35 - Cena

The big question is this: who's Roman going to face after all these legends are out of the picture?

Rock and Stone Cold have one left in the tank for the big dawg.

Top Bottom