• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

WHY IS SHE LOOKING AWAY FROM HIM AFTER HITTING HIM. "This will fuck that Krogan up, no need to turn my head 10 degrees and check".

It's like she got distracted by something mid swing because her head just locks into that position at some point.

I wonder if Krogan headbutts have the same benefits as Samoan headbutts in wrasslin.

Started listening to Lapsed Fan for In Your House 97 and there walk through of events up to IYH and, I think a little after?, reminded me once again of how great 96-97 is. Haters be damned but I still consider this part of New Generation.

Hasney

It's like she got distracted by something mid swing because her head just locks into that position at some point.

I wonder if Krogan headbutts have the same benefits as Samoan headbutts in wrasslin.

I thought he kneed her, but yeah, he may have headbutted her in the shoulder....

Started listening to Lapsed Fan for In Your House 97 and there walk through of events up to IYH and, I think a little after?, reminded me once again of how great 96-97 is. Haters be damned but I still consider this part of New Generation.
Like I said the ae isn't into full effect until the screwjob. Motherfuckers trying to not give my new generation props for ushering in the greatest era of all time. Fuck what everyone else says just listen to me. These other people don't know shit about anything.

Like I said the ae isn't into full effect until the screwjob. Motherfuckers trying to not give my new generation props for ushering in the greatest era of all time. Fuck what everyone else says just listen to me. These other people don't know shit about anything.

I knew I liked you for a reason Blue. Vince's Attitude promo isn't until I think decemeber of 97. 96-97 100% belongs to new generation

ICYMI, Nakamura will be on the main roster very soon:

Right now the plan is for Nakamura to debut on the main roster very shortly. I’m not sure what date it will be, but the likely scenario is he loses to Bobby Roode at Takeover and starts immediately after, with Raw after WrestleMania being a good bet.

Zach

The state of NXT seems alright. Watching the most recent episode. Haven't watched for months and months and months.

I knew I liked you for a reason Blue. Vince's Attitude promo isn't until I think decemeber of 97. 96-97 100% belongs to new generation
Yeah just because you have signs of an era, that doesn't make it an era. Just because you don't want to associate anything good with the new generation, doesn't make it different. New generation 96-97 was possibly the best time ever. How those lines were blurred was awesome. But yeah I hate how people try this revisionist bullshit. Just deal with it, the new generation had some dope shit. 93-94(until diesel got the belt) wasn't bad either. While stuff was down, it was still good. Late 94-95 though, that's the bullshit.

Hasney

Nakamura to debut... Raw

giphy.gif

Yeah just because you have signs of an era, that doesn't make it an era. Just because you don't want to associate anything good with the new generation, doesn't make it different. New generation 96-97 was possibly the best time ever. How those lines were blurred was awesome. But yeah I hate how people try this revisionist bullshit. Just deal with it, the new generation had some dope shit. 93-94(until diesel got the belt) wasn't bad either. While stuff was down, it was still good. Late 94-95 though, that's the bullshit.

Preach it!

New Generation is my favorite time, mostly due to nostalgia, but also because I think it perfectly shows the transition of wresting from the golden era 80s into modern 00s/now.

Preach it!

New Generation is my favorite time, mostly due to nostalgia, but also because I think it perfectly shows the transition of wresting from the golden era 80s into modern 00s/now.
New generation is my second favourite there's just something about it. It's cool because it's the only era to have 3 different styles involved. The golden era, itself, and the attitude era. It was great how it managed to take stuff from one generation, do its own thing, then create something new.

They even tried the whole wrestling thing that was kind of neglected in the golden era. But was abandoned again in the attitude era lol. If it weren't for that era, vince would be either dead or still trying that hokey superman bullshit. Well I guess he does it now since he has no competition but that era forced him to ante up. Good and bad.

Foggy

https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/trump-declares-dino-vs-joey-a-wrestling-war/

The feud between Danshoku Dino and Joey Ryan now has American politics involved! Dino held a press conference with “Donald Trump” who claimed to be a new owner of DDT. Trump was here to give an international PowerPoint presentation for Dino’s upcoming match with Ryan.

But as the conference went on Trump began focusing on the words “SWOT ANALYSIS” on the screen. He looked closer and closer until he singled out the word “ANAL”. That’s when he made his decision. It should be an Anal Explosion Death Match! This match is a World Wrestling War so it should be fought under the most dangerous stipulation! Trump denied being Super Sasadango Machine in disguise. Dino suggested that Sasadango evolved into Trump like a Pokémon. Dino then wondered why is this match now a war? Fighting Joey in an Anal Explosion Death Match isn’t going to solve anything. Trump ended the conference by saying he will never leave Japan.

DDT Judgement 2017 is getting pretty serious guys

New generation is my second favourite there's just something about it. It's cool because it's the only era to have 3 different styles involved. The golden era, itself, and the attitude era. It was great how it managed to take stuff from one generation, do its own thing, then create something new.

They even tried the whole wrestling thing that was kind of neglected in the golden era. But was abandoned again in the attitude era lol. If it weren't for that era, vince would be either dead or still trying that hokey superman bullshit. Well I guess he does it now since he has no competition but that era forced him to ante up. Good and bad.

What is your favorite era then?

Sephzilla

The New Generation era of WWE is probably the closest that WWE came to marketing professional wrestling as anything resembling a "sport" at least since the Bruno Sammartino era.

jmdajr

Finally played the HTC Vive for the first time. It was pretty cool but I was surprised to see how SAWFT everything looked. For gen 1 it's not fucking bad though. Resolutions and optics will continue to get better.

Kaladin

Aside from a few weak spots dealing with depth of their divisions, I'm liking NXT right now.

Sanity is becoming more focused and their character work as a group is improving. I really like Nikki Cross, she does come across as the most insane member of the group. I know Big Damo is a good wrestler in his own right, and he's good in the imposing big guy spot of the group, but I don't even know the other guy aside from being the other guy. Eric Young is a good leader for them IMO, and his mic work in that role is improving.

I think Asuka found herself as a cocky babyface lately. She's not a heel, but she's allowed to be cocky because no one is ready for Asuka.

That's another point though, none of these women aside from maybe Nikki Cross are at the level that NXT has produced in the past. I'll admit, I do see good character work in Billy Kay and Peyton Royce...but the ring work for me isn't there. Ember Moon still comes across as green with ability. I hope she's given a platform to develop with.

Tag teams also need more depth. Right now we have 3 teams and that's it. They teased Heavy Machinery, but we'll have to wait and see how good those guys are. They should make the two big guys from Sanity a tag team, or go all in with Strong and No Way Jose as a team. Do something to build the division.

The NXT title scene needs help too. I don't see who will challenge Roode after Nakamura is good. Dillinger? Ohno again? I think they want to build Roderick Strong for that role, but it could be a while. At least Itami is back soon and he could fill that spot for a bit too.

NXT is odd. What they have is good, glorious even. I can even see the people close to the top and on top being around a while. But they lack in depth and that's the biggest issue.

What is your favorite era then?
AE. Hell it was hokey as fuck too but those emotions invested. Talk about being legit shook about things as a kid. The brawling, the uncertainty from week to week. Being glued to the tv at every moment. A lot of people are weak but it still holds up to me. I could watch it over and over again without getting bored(until the fall of 99 when the bullshit c- guy was supposed to be a threat). It's tv you couldn't miss unlike raw in the ra era, you could catch the main points on Saturday or heat but livewire and superstars didn't do ae raw justice. Everything mattered basically.

cordy

Banned
Heard Styles is heading to Raw too while New Day is heading to SD.

Good news for New Day though, they can freshen themselves up and one guy can go singles who hopefully will be Kofi. He needs that "ok this guy did it after all these years" world title win.

Beefy

Heard Styles is heading to Raw too while New Day is heading to SD.

Good news for New Day though, they can freshen themselves up and one guy can go singles who hopefully will be Kofi. He needs that "ok this guy did it after all these years" world title win.

Will they actually wrestle on SD though? Or just sell more merch?

I must be missing some joke. You can't really be thinking original DX and Vince Russo writing wasn't the Attitude Era.

It's not a joke. A lot of people consider the Screwjob and Vince's speech as the official turning point from New Gen into Attitude and those come at the very end of '97 (Nov & Dec). Russo didn't become a head writer until 97, and for all intents and purposes the product in the ring didn't get full blown attitude until 98.

Kaladin

I just thought of what to do with Braun Strowman at Mania. Put him in the ARMBAR and let him destroy everyone till it's down to him and Big Show for a small reprise of their Raw match with Strowman winning ultimately.

Top Bottom