• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Zach

Even though I'm not the biggest Fire Pro fan, feel that the series is overrated and wish we could have a great modern 3D wrestling game, I still can't wait for FPW because I won't have to deal with the broken, buggy 2K/Yuke's bullshit.

Speaking of wrasslin games, I almost bought WWE All Stars last week while walking around Walmart and spotting it in their old games case until the guy working electronics said games in the area it was located were $30, game is six years old and with my backlog eff that. Maybe I should've had him actually take it out and check the price but I wasn't that hung up on it.
I will buy and play and learn to love Fire Pro. Hopefully it somehow some way does well and maybe possibly we get an awesome 3D game out of its great success.

jmdajr

That feeling when you've been spending a week trying to wrap your head around programming a new login authorization system and trying to retrofit it onto an old project, and then you finally get it to work.

giphy.gif

sweet

Kaladin

As WWE announced yesterday, they will unleash the first ever edition of "Southpaw Regional Wrestling" on the WWE Network tomorrow.

For those of you who have seen $5 Wrestling when it was being produced by Highspots.com, it's pretty obvious that this is at least somewhat inspired by that project. The idea is to do a take on old school Southern rassling in a comedic way.

There was a pitch for Southpaw floating around within WWE as far back as September of last year.

Luke Gallows will be reprising his "Sex Ferguson" character, which he portrayed on a few Highspots.com DVD releases, but the character will be rechristened "Tex Ferguson" on the Southpaw show.

I want this.

Sephzilla

what language?

the project i'm retrofitting is an ASP.Net web project with C# server side code. So nothing too fancy. It's just a pain in the ass with this new login system they're trying to use, because our engineering department apparently decided doing a traditional by the book implementation would make too much sense.

Picking back up my Mania 20 watch

- The finish to Guerrero/Angle will always be a favourite of mine, the match itself I get the feeling fell short of expectations, similar to 26's Jericho/Edge match where you'd expect something a bit stronger but it's at least good enough.

- Kane carried that return of Taker storyline tremendously, you can't count on Good Guy Glenn to carry a match but the man worked weekly segments with nothing but himself and visual effects to greater effect than anyone should. The match itself is something of an extended squash which to re-cement Taker makes sense.
Even so Kane's actual character work here is great, his disbelief and his brief moments of cockiness (the chokeslam into manic laughter before the situp shocks Kane back to "awwww shit" mode is grand).
Alas the match will always be graded on in ring factors, yet I find it perfectly watchable as a character piece and that's even with my man Kane sacrificing his dwindling threatening aura to dangerously low levels in order to revive Taker's deadman gimmick.

Triple Threat up next, if memory serves this is where the in ring part of the show truly delivers.

Hasney

LMAO at the rumored main event for Wrestlemania 34..

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship

It's not happening. People believing this nonsense are just gullible as hell.

You're probably right.

Some old star will be available for a paycheck instead I'm sure

the project i'm retrofitting is an ASP.Net web project with C# server side code. So nothing too fancy. It's just a pain in the ass with this new login system they're trying to use, because our engineering department apparently decided doing a traditional by the book implementation would make too much sense.

lol

everyone has to reinvent the whell

I did Java development for 7 or so years before jumping onto JS/Node/MEAN stack the past 2 years.

DMczaf

My favorite part of Tough Enough was seeing Real Ass Stone Cold do a brief appearance at the end to kick someone out.

That brief glimpse of Real Ass Stone Cold.... :(

Bye, Nocturnowl.
I have returned.

Truly an interesting scenario.
Two rivals with significant history set for mania are suddenly interrupted by this internet favourite inserting himself into their storyline.
Said internet favourite is also an underdog who gets by on self concussive headbutts and neck wrenching submissions.
After overcoming a double team table spot and the villainy of Triple H the little guy realises their dream on the grandest stage of them all and celebrates with a loved one.
Alas there's only tears in their future, the big moment will always have a bitter twinge to it in light of future events.

So I'm actually talking about WM30 guys!
Really though the parallels between WM20 and 30 main events are certainly something.
The WM20 main event is probably as good a triple threat match you're gonna get in the WWE style. The fans here have felt tepid all night long only waking up to shit on Lesnar, to mark for seeing old school gear Taker before they sort of taper off when he removes the hat and coat to reveal he's basically still Biker Taker going through a phase and now for Benoit, man they were really behind Benoit.
Even HBShizzle as he's stupidly known on modern WWE broadcasts for some reason is getting heat here.
The crimson masks donned by the DX duo here are pretty ridiculous and nothing in the match warrants HBK looking so utterly drowned in his own red stuff.

Remember when marks thought Zayn was gonna win the Rumble? Lmao

It was just a phase, Blue!
I can't believe people even entertained this for more than 5 seconds.

Remember when marks thought Nak America would be in the rumble, despite the fact that the previous night he did an injury angle?
But Beef, the injury was clearly to get him off NXT so he could hop around the rumble ring fresh as a daisy!

Remember when marks thought Zayn was gonna win the Rumble? Lmao

It was just a phase, Blue!
Did Pikma buy them for you?

Monday's WWE RAW, featuring Brock Lesnar in the opener and an advertised tag team match with Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass plus a main event segment built by Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon, drew 3.232 million viewers. This is up 0.5% from last week's 3.216 million viewers for the post-Fallout episode.

For this week's show, the first hour drew 3.176 million viewers, the second hour drew 3.323 million viewers and the final hour drew 3.197 million viewers.

imBask

Banned
does X segment really draws Y amount of people?

I would think that X segment gets good ratings because the previous segment/episode was good and the word got around, and that people aren't actually on twitter following the show by the second to tune in as soon as something they might enjoy comes up... but idk I might be wrong

Beefy

So Sasha was meant to pin Jax by grabbing the rope, but she botched it. Which meant she botched the storyline making her slowly becoming heel.

For the Lapsed Fan listeners, how worth it is to go back through the WM and Starrcade tours? I got int TLF after them so I never had the opportunity to check them out.

Pikma

Banned
Meltzer implied they want to get rid of Mauro Ranallo

Looks like that facefuck thing benefited Tom instead of hurting him

Top Bottom