• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

If you like wrestling history they are a must Listen to. It paints the picture of WWE really well

My most enjoyable parts of the show are all the build up to them discussing the PPV's, so I guess I'll really enjoy it.

Meltzer implied they want to get rid of Mauro Ranallo

Looks like that facefuck thing benefited Tom instead of hurting him

Confession: I am not enjoying Mauro at all on Smackdown

I always knew were a clown.

17181558.gif

I think the issue with Mauro calling Smackdown is you have a play by play guy calling matches that (for the most part) really don't warrant it. The constant pop culture stuff gets a bit grating too

Mauro did *not* miss smackdown due to weather. Meltz says he can't say more yet as he doesn't have it on the record.

Dude hasn't tweeted for three days either, and he's a tweeting machine.

Bit worried. :(

This Mauro situation leaves me way more upset than it should.

---

Off Topic: Anyone else in Wrasslegaf playing this Nier sequel? because I'm really trying to get it but it ain't happening.
I really don't want to cast judgement on this so early on (about 5 hours) but everytime I try to figure out what I'm missing I check the OT and its just a lot of spoilered plot stuff so I guess that's going to be the main draw when I get to the Taro Twists.

My twist here is that I tend to really dig Platinum games (shit I enjoyed the budget as fuck Korra game) and enjoyed the first Nier enough to get the first two endings, pls help.
I feel like Mr Anderson in the TNA Tito Ortiz gif if Tito was the critical reception.

Don't derail from my intended game of discussion data, you've had your few weeks of bemusement at reception, this is MY TIME.

Zelda is a solid 9, it ain't perfect, what is?

Kaladin

Off Topic: Anyone else in Wrasslegaf playing this Nier sequel? because I'm really trying to get it but it ain't happening.

My wife loves it, but she counts the original Nier as one of her favorite video games and she says this is as true of a squeal as you could ask for.

I really don't want to cast judgement on this so early on (about 5 hours) but everytime I try to figure out what I'm missing I check the OT and its just a lot of spoilered plot stuff so I guess that's going to be the main draw when I get to the Taro Twists.

My twist here is that I tend to really dig Platinum games (shit I enjoyed the budget as fuck Korra game) and enjoyed the first Nier enough to get the first two endings, pls help.
I feel like Mr Anderson in the TNA Tito Ortiz gif if Tito was the critical reception.
I'm still on the "first path" so I haven't had any real bombs dropped, but if you're 5 hours in I'm surprised you aren't at least feeling the weirdness

As someone who was really stoked for the game, the demo kinda turned me off. Seemed janky and recycled. Once the game opens up and starts showing the weirdness it gets pretty rad though. Right as I was starting to get a headache from having to traverse across the map for multiple side quests it gives me fast travel. Sounds like the best is yet to come but I'm still really enjoying it, probably more than anything else this year

^ sounds like I just gotta keep on pushing, get this combat system to open up.
The early stages feel rough, drab world design with a critical mass of invisible walls that look just the same as non blocked off areas has really rustled my jimmies.

My wife loves it, but she counts the original Nier as one of her favorite video games and she says this is as true of a squeal as you could ask for.
It sure is a Nier sequel, but that seems to be complete with all the things that kept that game down.

Oddly this platinum combat manages to feel worse to me than the previous games simple yet weighty combat, it's like platinum by the numbers here.

Persona 4 is perfect. Then they unperfected it with Golden, but it was still great.

Persona 4 and its perfectly tedious dungeon design and homophobe Yosuke that they force you to be best buds with.
Hah Beef, you crack me up.
Good game though, I'm sure 5 will trounce it.

I hope Mauro isn't gone. The references are usually lame and more miss then hit, but he's still a pretty good commentator.

A table of JBL, Phillips and Otunga also sounds pretty bad.

So Sasha was meant to pin Jax by grabbing the rope, but she botched it. Which meant she botched the storyline making her slowly becoming heel.
I was thinking it had to be a botch. She goes to grab the rope at the end, and Sasha rolling up the monster Nia Jax to win without rope grabbing is weird booking.

^ sounds like I just gotta keep on pushing, get this combat system to open up.
The early stages feel rough, drab world design with a critical mass of invisible walls that look just the same as non blocked off areas has really rustled my jimmies.
I agree the world design is pretty whatever (with certain exceptions) and the invisible walls suck

Have you gotten to the singing boss yet? That's the first time when I was really like "oooooooooh shit"
besides whatever the fuck that shit in the desert is

I agree the world design is pretty whatever (with certain exceptions) and the invisible walls suck

Have you gotten to the singing boss yet? That's the first time when I was really like "oooooooooh shit"
besides whatever the fuck that shit in the desert is

Yeah I did that boss, liked the concept but was still feeling ho hum about the combat at that stage.
I'm at the next boss (or maybe two bosses further now I remember a rather set piece style showdown) and felt like I was underleveled dealing chip damage so I'm off doing sidequests right now.

Top Bottom