• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Heroman

Banned
The greatest of all time with the other greatest of all time.
Flair%2BNWA%2BBelt%2BTsruta%2BAWA%2BBelt.jpg

What type of gimmick is the AJ/Shane match gonna have?
Will it even have a gimmick? The only gimmick match will probably be a No Holds Barred match for Ambrose vs Corbin that will be miles better then Ambrose vs Lesnar. And maybe a ladder match for the women.

It needs a gimmick but it won't have one. We'll have twenty minutes of Shane O'Mac punches and AJ selling them like death.

Shane's going to die.

Can't wait to see Mauro read from a script when Shane gets Syles Clashed off the Titantron.

Will it even have a gimmick? The only gimmick match will probably be a No Holds Barred match for Ambrose vs Corbin that will be miles better then Ambrose vs Lesnar. And maybe a ladder match for the women.

It needs a gimmick but it won't have one. We'll have twenty minutes of Shane O'Mac punches and AJ selling them like death.

It 100% needs a gimmick. And I don't think they would have had the parking lot beat down if this wasn't going to be some sort of falls count anywhere street fight or whatever.

Recall

But Shane can take the bumps, that's what is going to be great about it. Shane is a mad man so there will be spots through tables and high flying elbows caught and turned into DDTs. Shane vs AJ has mad potential.

Recall

I'm calling it now that AJ vs Shane will be highly entertaining and that we will see a coast to coast drop kick attempt be caught allowing AJ to hit a Styles Clash off it.

Recall

Watched my first ever Michinoku Pro show last night, it was from 1995.

I can see where PWG and Chikara got their inspiration from all those years later.

Watched my first ever Michinoku Pro show last night, it was from 1995.

I can see where PWG and Chikara got their inspiration from all those years later.

M-Pro was crazy influential in the 90's thanks to the tape trading scene - their six man tag formula was so damn good at the time, it felt revolutionary. Gran Hamada, the founder of the lucharesu style in Japan, trained Sasuke and Ultimo Dragon, who went on to found Michinoku Pro and Toryumon, then Ultimo's students founded Dragon Gate. All three promotions had such a huge effect on the indie wrestling scene worldwide, but in Japan it was M-Pro that really popularised that style - and the growing popularity of lucharesu in the early 90's indie boom was a big part of what led to New Japan hosting the Super J Cup.

Zach

Do they do any actual wrasslin' in Southpaw or nah? Probably not, right? Either way, I'll try to remember to check it out after work. Unless we're Zelda-ing all night again.

I want more of Southpaw regional wrestling.

These videos seem like a test trial to see WWE can make a series out of this.

John Cena's character was great.

Recall

M-Pro was crazy influential in the 90's thanks to the tape trading scene - their six man tag formula was so damn good at the time, it felt revolutionary. Gran Hamada, the founder of the lucharesu style in Japan, trained Sasuke and Ultimo Dragon, who went on to found Michinoku Pro and Toryumon, then Ultimo's students founded Dragon Gate. All three promotions had such a huge effect on the indie wrestling scene worldwide, but in Japan it was M-Pro that really popularised that style - and the growing popularity of lucharesu in the early 90's indie boom was a big part of what led to New Japan hosting the Super J Cup.

Did Delfin found Osaka Pro?

Michinoku Pro reached crazy highs in 1996 with its crowd attendance and with shows like These Days. A show I've got right here and I'm totally excited to watch especially as the card is insanely off the wall. It even has a World of Sports rules match!

Hayabusa and Jensei seemed to find there way to more Michinoku Pro shows in 1996 also that must have helped with the tape trading stuff as Hayabusa was always a wrestler people wanted more to see of.

Zach

I'm pretty sure some of you love that Edge and Christian thing and the crass, 15 years-too-late cartoon, so I shouldn't get my hopes up about Southpaw. >_>

Mahonay

Banned
I'm pretty sure some of you love that Edge and Christian thing and the crass, 15 years-too-late cartoon, so I shouldn't get my hopes up about Southpaw. >_>
This is just a random dumb thing they did. There's really not much to critique.

SORRY GUYS ZACH IS TOO HIGHFALUTIN FOR THIS SHIT. Because you know...WRESTLING.

klonere

Banned

I really didn't like E&C at all, even when it got "better". Southpaw is just some loving parodies of classic Memphis/Southern stuff with the slightest absurdist edge. You'll like Zach, I think you'll like it!

Rimfya

Banned
Why is this Southpaw thing in YouTube instead of the Network. And why would they release it all at once?

Seems like someone internally wasn't all that confident in it.

Recall

Why is this Southpaw thing in YouTube instead of the Network. And why would they release it all at once?

So when Netflix releases all the episodes at once does that mean they aren't confident too?

Mahonay

Banned

Each episode is only like 7 minutes long. Probably felt fine with giving it away for free.

Top Bottom