• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

0MGDrck.gif

Zach

This is just a random dumb thing they did. There's really not much to critique.

SORRY GUYS ZACH IS TOO HIGHFALUTIN FOR THIS SHIT. Because you know...WRESTLING.

I will fight your face, Mahonay!

I really didn't like E&C at all, even when it got "better". Southpaw is just some loving parodies of classic Memphis/Southern stuff with the slightest absurdist edge. You'll like Zach, I think you'll like it!

I like you, klonere. I like you.

Zach loves WCW and nothing else.

I love WCW and nothing else.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is this Southpaw thing in YouTube instead of the Network. And why would they release it all at once?

Seems like someone internally wasn't all that confident in it.
Because it's like 20 minutes of material

Do they do any actual wrasslin' in Southpaw or nah? Probably not, right? Either way, I'll try to remember to check it out after work. Unless we're Zelda-ing all night again.

I'm betting that, if this is a YOUTUBE VIRAL HIT OMG they'll make a Network series, complete with in-ring comedic action.

Did Delfin found Osaka Pro?

Yep, forgot about Delfin!

Michinoku Pro reached crazy highs in 1996 with its crowd attendance and with shows like These Days. A show I've got right here and I'm totally excited to watch especially as the card is insanely off the wall. It even has a World of Sports rules match!

Hayabusa and Jensei seemed to find there way to more Michinoku Pro shows in 1996 also that must have helped with the tape trading stuff as Hayabusa was always a wrestler people wanted more to see of.

Is the World of Sport's rules match with Johnny Saint? If so, that's his original retirement bout, great little match and the crowd proper ate up his 'escapology' style. And yeah, FMW were a huge part of the 90's indie boom as well, and the hardcore style also had a big influence on worldwide indie wrestling.

One of the strengths of M-Pro was the fact that it was regional - the Tokyo area was so over saturated, but promotions wouldn't mind working with Sasuke as they weren't in direct competition, plus in exchange they could get a lucharesu 6-man tag to spice up their undercards.

Two of the most highest viewed videos on WWE channel are the battle royal where the Great Khali won the World Heavyweight Championship (42 million views) and also his debut (38 million views).

HE'S A DRAW!

Bronx-Man

Banned
If you check the Wrestling Observer archive, you'll see that Big Bartholomew vs the Sea Creature was actually the first match in North America that Meltz gave *****3/4.

Mahonay

Banned
WWE Champions looks like it was supposed to be the sequel to All Stars

but its a match 3 game
Lol yep. When I first saw the commercial for it I got all excited...followed by immediate disappointment.
Two of the most highest viewed videos on WWE channel are the battle royal where the Great Khali won the World Heavyweight Championship (42 million views) and also his debut (38 million views).

HE'S A DRAW!
A lot of people live in India.

Zach

I'm betting that, if this is a YOUTUBE VIRAL HIT OMG they'll make a Network series, complete with in-ring comedic action.

I hope you're right, whatevermort. I hope you're right.

Maxx Payne made me fall in love with Fujiwara armbars. Not enough of them about any more.

Ya know, I didn't think Maxx Payne was all that bad. There's certainly some stuff to point and laugh at, but he was impressive in some ways.

#DealWithItDato

Recall

Yep, forgot about Delfin!

Is the World of Sport's rules match with Johnny Saint? If so, that's his original retirement bout, great little match and the crowd proper ate up his 'escapology' style. And yeah, FMW were a huge part of the 90's indie boom as well, and the hardcore style also had a big influence on worldwide indie wrestling.

One of the strengths of M-Pro was the fact that it was regional - the Tokyo area was so over saturated, but promotions wouldn't mind working with Sasuke as they weren't in direct competition, plus in exchange they could get a lucharesu 6-man tag to spice up their undercards.

At the start of these Michinoku Pro tapes it has Great Sasuke standing in a field as a camera pans around him with Northern Eastern Wrestling appear on screen as the opening logo. So they seemed to fully embrace their regional nature and it was clearly a clever thing to do.

The history of Japanese wrestling is something I know nothing about, yeah the Baba/Inoki/TV split history bits I know but not with the smaller yet just as impactful promotions so thanks for sharing British Monsoon.

Hasney

Southpaw is good, just a shame it's short sponsored content. Hopefully the reception is good enough for a season of half hour shows with like a dumb match in or something.

Heroman

Banned
At the start of these Michinoku Pro tapes it has Great Sasuke standing in a field as a camera pans around him with Northern Eastern Wrestling appear on screen as the opening logo. So they seemed to fully embrace their regional nature and it was clearly a clever thing to do.

The history of Japanese wrestling is something I know nothing about, yeah the Baba/Inoki/TV split history bits I know but not with the smaller yet just as impactful promotions so thanks for sharing British Monsoon.
Your welcome
41%2Bq4lyRXkL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Sting/Black Scorpion match was terrible. Legitimately might be the worst Flair performance I've ever seen. There was a botch like every 90 seconds.

http://rajah.com/node/55261

Maybe because she's not and has never been a good wrestler? Should've thought about that before giving her the title twice. But Kevin Dunn doesn't like Becky's accent so we can't have that.

I've been checking Amazon for a Yakuza 0 sale the last few days. It came out the same week as RE7 and GR2. GR2? $45. RE7? $39.99. Yakuza? Still full price :

Lol Rajah... they're a fansite/message board whose posters you to try and invade the wrestling message board I used to post at 10 years ago...

Top Bottom