• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have the most realistic goals
sigpic206260_8.gif

boots, where's the best place to look for some crazy lighttube deathmatch stuff? like in the archive.

Probably BJW, if you look in the home video/misc folder in the Big Japan section there's a deathmatch champion compilation that has matches from 2005 onwards - they were big on the lighttubes in the mid-2000's, always trying to out-do the last match, adding more lighttubes, making structures out of the lighttubes, etc.

Also, there's some old IWA Japan and FMW on there, though that's more barbedwire and fire-based.

Beefy

He seemed pretty reasonable about the whole thing. If you're dumb, you'll get banned. Seemed fair.

i was joking :p

You ever watch Jackass? I find that deathmatch wrestling often evokes similar reactions, like: "oh my god I can't believe he's actually going to do that...no way...NO WAY! FUUUUUUCK!! Goddamn, what an idiot".

Deathmatch wrestling scratches that same itch for me personally, it's not something I want to watch all the time though. Also, I think the age you were introduced to deathmatch wrestling plays a part - I was about 12 or so, I loved Beavis & Butthead, my favourite movie was the Paulie Shore "classic" Bio-Dome, I owned an Insane Clown Posse album and Japanese deathmatch wrestling blew my stupid little mind.

I liked Jackass, just not into seeing people bleed out.

Probably BJW, if you look in the home video/misc folder in the Big Japan section there's a deathmatch champion compilation that has matches from 2005 onwards - they were big on the lighttubes in the mid-2000's, always trying to out-do the last match, adding more lighttubes, making structures out of the lighttubes, etc.

Also, there's some old IWA Japan and FMW on there, though that's more barbedwire and fire-based.

that's exactly my kind of deathmatch, cheers 👍👍

Menome

Update. We got some dick heads cutting into the vip line. Jokes on them when they ask to see everyone's wrist bands.

Edit. They're fat, almost 40, wearing bootleg gear, and have facial hair that looks like pubic hair. Average fan.

Did you recognise any of them from the hard-cam shots in NXT?

Pikma

Banned
I know you guys joke but liking a shit wrestler is not even close to thinking the fucking earth is flat

Imbask for example is dumb enough to like HHH but he sure as hell doesn't think the earth is flat, because it'd take an extraordinary level of stupidity to believe that

It is a legit physique. I like that look because you still have to work hard in the gym but you don't have to go too crazy on the diet.

80s Hall was legit af.

scotthallbig.jpg

tumblr_m8jqve4gUv1rsz32co1_1280.png

Steve Blackman is another one who has an underrated attainable physique.

sei0Btw.jpg
Gotta respect Steve for having that body considering what he went through.

Carnby

AJ made the autograph out to my son, but I swear he thought it was for me.

"For your 'son'? Sure thing." (Paraphrased)

Lol

Peter Kaasa's out indefinitely, doesn't want to say he's retiring, but it looks probable - this is all because Gabe and EVOLVE hired a piece of shit ring that broke before the show, but they went ahead with the show anyways. Kaasa attempted a middle-rope moonsault and the rope snapped, dumping Kaasa hard onto the point of his head. He somehow managed to get back up and finish the match, but is seriously injured and may very well be gone from wrestling for good.

This doesn't seem to be getting much play, as Kaasa's not terribly well known (and has a few questionable personal opinions that have led to people not giving a shit), but guys like Riddle & Hero were working that show and if it was one of them effectively having to announce their retirement you can be damn sure the internet would be going nuts.

What's Kaasa's legal recourse here? Surely the promoter has a duty to provide an acceptable ring to work in, safe working environment and all that?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Peter Kaasa's out indefinitely, doesn't want to say he's retiring, but it looks probable - this is all because Gabe and EVOLVE hired a piece of shit ring that broke before the show, but they went ahead with the show anyways. Kaasa attempted a middle-rope moonsault and the rope snapped, dumping Kaasa hard onto the point of his head. He somehow managed to get back up and finish the match, but is seriously injured and may very well be gone from wrestling for good.

This doesn't seem to be getting much play, as Kaasa's not terribly well known (and has a few questionable personal opinions that have led to people not giving a shit), but guys like Riddle & Hero were working that show and if it was one of them effectively having to announce their retirement you can be damn sure the internet would be going nuts.

What's Kaasa's legal recourse here? Surely the promoter has a duty to provide an acceptable ring to work in, safe working environment and all that?

no union means ring promoters not legally required to do shit

Beefy

I can't even handle attitude era levels of blading, why the fuck would I even be interested in that deathshit

Yeah I watch wrestling to get away from people getting messed up. Once saw a guy where I worked get killed when a oven dropped on his head. Seen a few knee cappings etc as well, so will pass on watching guys do that shit.

no union means ring promoters not legally required to do shit

Guess it's down to the independent contractor to make their own decision as to the risks involved, still incredibly shitty to make a guy choose between a payday and putting himself in danger.

Also, Vince is such a gigantic piece of shit.

Beefy

Does Matt riddle beat his kids?

Any chance Paige did anything to Cody's belt.

6:44
This shit is fucking gay

Riddles retarded ass saying he would have retired Lesnar hahahahahahaaa

Last time I was this early Paige could keep her clothes on

Y2Kev just warned people about posting shit.

Pikma

Banned
Does Matt riddle beat his kids?

Any chance Paige did anything to Cody's belt.

6:44
This shit is fucking gay

Riddles retarded ass saying he would have retired Lesnar hahahahahahaaa

Last time I was this early Paige could keep her clothes on
Not like this my dude

Top Bottom