• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Has anyone here legit tried to get into pro-wrestling as a full fledged career?

I couldn't as a wrestler, but maybe I could try my hand at managing.

I hastily moved down to the Lousville area (Jeffersonville since that's where OVW did their TV and training at the time) back in the day to train as a wrassler but shit happened and after less than a year I ended up moving back to Michigan. Came with a lot of regrets and in retrospect I probably would've just been better off finding a school closer to me which probably would've been just as good for the basics even without it being tied to WWE. My original intent was moving to California and trying UPW but thankfully I didn't do that though at least at that time my brother was living there but OVW was closer and also had WWE times so I thought it'd be easier.

So after refreshing my memory last night let me just remind you all about one of the best stupid matches in WWE history...

[snip]

Taken as a whole it may be the most WWE match ever and I genuinely wonder if there'll ever be a match like it again, it's absolutely fucking stupid, it's not a 5 star match by any standpoint (shit, Kane vs Orton is probably a better match) yet it's such a fascinating piece of pro wrestling, I just can't ignore it.

I'll add this to my next to watch of Mania. I think I'm going to do the 30-day tour of Lapsed Fan and pick up watching along around Mania 13 or 14 because I remember pretty much the rest before then.

somedevil

I just don't think they'll ever put her on TV until her contract is up, especially with the NXT belt thing.

But it honestly seemed they were never going to put her back on TV even before this leak.

Isn't she still out with the neck injury? They won't punish her for what happened at all.

The biggest awkwardness is going to be Xavier coming out to the Brooklyn crowd this monday.

Tagyhag

I just don't think they'll ever put her on TV until her contract is up, especially with the NXT belt thing.

But it honestly seemed they were never going to put her back on TV even before this leak.

True, but now the timing is bad and I don't think they can release her unless she asks for it or she doesn't want to renegotiate. It'd be bad PR.

capture2ngjm2.png

Kojima's gimmick is that he likes bread?

Makes sense since one of KUSHIDAs instagram post is a video of Kojima in a baker staring fondly at pastries.

In other mania musings I'm now thinking that Jericho might be the most consistently underperforming participant in big matches.
When you look at his list (the match list not the uh list of jericho, though his matches could go on that list as well) he's got some big names on there (and Fandango) yet only the one with HBK delivered fully and that's pretty much a given.
Hope he doesn't underwhelm once again with Owens.

I'll add this to my next to watch of Mania. I think I'm going to do the 30-day tour of Lapsed Fan and pick up watching along around Mania 13 or 14 because I remember pretty much the rest before then.
WM28 in general is interesting to me now because I'd lumped it in with 27 and 29, aka: the worst company of modern mania events.
But it's actually more competent than I remembered, it at least slots in alongside the likes of WM26 where it had a card that promised better than we got but wasn't quite as bad as the immediate reaction indicated.
18 seconds understandably soured the event from the start, I remember when watching it live I was begrudging every segment backstage that went longer than 18 seconds or when Bean Breath's favourite tune was being performed.
Funny how if that match had at least 10 minutes the perception of the event might've been quite different, I suppose it also didn't help that they did a rematch of the main event the next year so Cena could get his win back.

This is a good post

You are a good poster Nocturnowl!

Every now and then I try friend.

LionPride

Banned
Thinking about Mania 27, Miz deserves a chance to actually main event a Mania. Not be a story prop for a greater feud, after that Hate Me Now promo, I was rooting for him to win clean.

Whats the verdict on the Tony Shiavone podcast? I'm a fan. Sent him a question asking if he'd ever want to make impact great again, and he reponded with basically "Jarrett doesn't want me" :( He's an underrated announcer.
It's good for what he knows. It's hard to compare it with Bruce's simply because Bruce was in the know. But Tony has good stories. I love how every ahow starts with shitting on the fans lol!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jericho has very few great main event matches but almost always knocks the doors off when he's in a featured mid card match.

The lastest episode of tiger mask W has a match with a pryamid ring like mortal Kombat Armageddon

Hmmm. I was looking forward to the series. I even went back and saw episodes 1 to then current episode 14. Then I read that it's supposed to be a 39 episode series. I gave up right then and there. I believe no wrestling related anime should go past 25 episodes.

I don't like to get off topic too much but I've been watching shameless and I swear, I hate this Frank character. Aka Shawdertaker(looks). Everything else, I like

WWE executive pay

http://www.fightful.com/pay-wwe-executives-revealed?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Vince McMahon actually makes far more in dividends related to his ownership of the company. He currently owns 35.5 million shares (46% of all WWE shares), which pay a quarterly dividend of 12 cents per share. So Vince made about $17.7 million in dividends alone in 2016.

WWE's Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon earned approximately $2.0 million in total compensation in 2016. Stephanie also holds a large amount of stock, 1.9 million shares, which paid about $914,000 for the year.

Shane McMahon, who holds no corporate position in the company and is contracted only as a performer, was paid $2.15 million in 2016 for his services as on-air talent. Shane holds little or no WWE stock.

Linda McMahon solely owns 566,770 shares, which yielded dividends of $272,000 for the year. Linda is currently the administrator of the Small Business Administration for the White House and holds no official position in WWE.

"Triple H" Paul Levesque's compensation referenced above includes his pay as on-air talent. As a performer, Levesque has a "minimum guaranteed annual payment" (also known as a "downside") of $1 million. Levesque looks to have made about $2.4 million total for his role as talent, which includes payments toward his downside, additional performance fees and royalties. Not counted in the table above, he also would've made an additional $30,804 on the 64,174 shares the proxy statement says he owns.

Wait..

When did Chris Hero go back to NXT? Why is he still called Kassius Ohno there? I thought Owens had the KO schtick now? Also, didn't he get fired for being overweight when he was half the size he is now?

Top Bottom