• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

YAMATO's putting the Dream Gate on the line in the upcoming Dead or Alive cage match on May 5th - not quite sure how that's going to work, it's already one of the craziest matches of the year with a convoluted rule set, gonna be interesting to see how the title fits in and how it all plays out.

Cutting and insightful, all the hallmarks of a truly classic Data West post. Congrats.

And now, the rebuttal: it's the cup, who gives a shit? Certainly not you, just another challenger to bitch about when they lose to Okada. New Beginning onwards is just treading water until the G1. Whatever you think of him, Fale is always booked as such that he can realistically beat anyone on the roster on any given day. There.

My problem is Shibata could have had numerous better opponents in the final that would have made for far more interesting matches... Fale only makes sense if he's going to win and if he does it just means a not very exciting Fale/Okada match to look forward to regardless of Okada's obvious victory.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/...tpourri-reviews/2017/3/16/wwe-wrestlemania-31

If my take on WM28's Triple H match was the most WWE match ever, this here is the most WCW (and it's just as fun, F the haters)
Man I hope Trips brings the fuckery for his Seth Rollins match.

Coming to think of it the best fuckery match in WWE is arguably Triple H vs The Rock at backlash 2000, HHH is the master of this match type.

If my take on WM28's Triple H match was the most WWE match ever, this here is the most WCW (and it's just as fun, F the haters)
Man I hope Trips brings the fuckery for his Seth Rollins match.

Coming to think of it the best fuckery match in WWE is arguably Triple H vs The Rock at backlash 2000, HHH is the master of this match type.

That match was WCW 2000 "fun" not like WCW 96 fun...

My problem is Shibata could have had numerous better opponents in the final that would have made for far more interesting matches... Fale only makes sense if he's going to win and if he does it just means a not very exciting Fale/Okada match to look forward to regardless of Okada's obvious victory.

As far as match quality goes, pretty much anyone in that block (other than Yano) would've been a better pick than Fale - but I can see why they went with him. He is presented as a threat and the crowd buy him in that role, probably because he's so much bigger than the rest of the roster. Also, while I don't think Fale will win, he does have some history with Okada - he's beaten him in tournaments twice, but never earned a shot at the belt. Comparatively, Shibata and Okada only faced off once in the 2013 G1 - they've been kept apart for good reason and that's a total money match whenever it does next happen, which would appear to be at Sakura Genesis next month.

Why they went with Fale over EVIL? I can only assume they preferred a fresh match-up, Shibata and EVIL faced 3 times last year, whereas it's been a couple of years since the last Fale/Shibata match. Also, if Fale does win, sure Okada/Fale isn't the most exciting match up, but you know the card will have to be stacked to draw well - with Okada/Shibata they can probably sell out based on that match alone.

But he "triggered" me. Is that how the kids say it?
New Japan Booking Justice Warriors smdh

I really enjoyed the two Sanada matches. Dude doesn't really get to shine in the tag matches, usually just gets in a dropkick spot or two and just eats moves. Homie can work

I don't really have any interest in watching Suzuki's idiot friends wrestle but god damn does he have the best entrance music/entrance. Big fight feel for complete garbage lol

Will check out Shibata/Ishii later

I like Suzuki-gun vibe and characters. Iizuka ( who also has a great theme) doing the old school heel terrorizing the audience is great.

Constant run ins and fuck finishes is shit though and shouldnt be a constant thing which is something made them stale and ruined so much im the past.

Saying that Suzuki has had a fuckton of incredible matches over the last few years and has a very unique style. Great facial expressions and unique way of moving too. Always love watching Suzuki.

And also the NJ Cup is always weirdly booked and I am always surprised when it is weird for some reason.

Zach

Heck of an entrance for Flair at WrestleMania 24, daddeh. The fireworks in the night sky behind him looked really cool.

Beefy

Foggy

NJPW's love affair with Fale will always be bewildering but it makes sense if they're giving Shibata the push. He's had his feud with EVIL and Fale's been positioned as a gatekeeper. At least the Ishii/Shibata match was sick.

YAMATO's putting the Dream Gate on the line in the upcoming Dead or Alive cage match on May 5th - not quite sure how that's going to work, it's already one of the craziest matches of the year with a convoluted rule set, gonna be interesting to see how the title fits in and how it all plays out.

MAXIMUM FUCKERY

Love those matches

Fale is always booked strong. He is a dojo guy so they are going to do right by him.

He basically inherited Karl Anderson's role at pushed gaijin that loses big matches

Pikma

Banned
I constantly find myself looking forward to the next Bad Luck Fale match, man I cannot wait to see him in the finals!

said no one ever*

*except Heroman, probably

I would joke about him winning and feuding with Okada but I kinda think they are not that stupid

Mahonay

Banned
Fale also does absolutely noting for me when it comes to overall presence and personality. All I get from him is "big guy that wears sunglasses".

Then again I skip almost all of his matches so my opinion isn't based on much.

Foggy

Fale's very hit or miss. He's definitely been in excellent matches and Shibata's good enough to make it work. It's just uninspired booking.

As an aside, Tokyo Joshi Pro's champ Yuu has a nice powerful bomb

giphy.gif

Top Bottom