• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Heroman

Banned
Why did Fale win this? HE'S SHIT

G4Pyve6.gif
He the only big guy in the promotion

Foggy

Big Cass is in the finals for a tournament featuring Kenny Omega, Ishii, Tanahashi, etc

There is a virtue to having midcard guys get over established top stars without 50/50 booking them back into the phantom zone. But yeah, Fale...they just can't quit him.

Kornflayx

Just listened to the AE podcast episode of the Survivor Series 2011 and now I know again why I always thought that Cole was a piece of shit.

Remember how Punk got Howard Finkel as his ring announcer? Hearing Cole sneer at the idea that Finkel is anything but the greatest announcer of all time makes me fucking livid. If he had 1% of the talent at commentating as Finkel has at announcing he would be a great commentator. Instead he's Vince's little puppet.

Christ man, that gets me upset to this day

Just listened to the AE podcast episode of the Survivor Series 2011 and now I know again why I always thought that Cole was a piece of shit.

Remember how Punk got Howard Finkel as his ring announcer? Hearing Cole sneer at the idea that Finkel is anything but the greatest announcer of all time makes me fucking livid. If he had 1% of the talent at commentating as Finkel has at announcing he would be a great commentator. Instead he's Vince's little puppet.

Heel Michael Cole was awful.

Tall4Life

lol imagine getting worked by heel cole in 2017

He been in NPJW for a while. Is there validity to say he's deserved it, or is Fale's work rate bad. Is his character not characteristic?

He's a bad worker who is only ever pushed in tournaments where he's up against far far better people he can't even be carried to good matches by because he's so shit

Every year they give him at least two obnoxious random wins against someone far more deserving in tournaments, and it's baffling because it doesn't draw a pop or buy or merch sales or anything from crowds at all positively justifiable to the company. At least people universally buy Reigns merch

My boy EVIL couldnt' even carry him to 3 stars :'[

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cutting and insightful, all the hallmarks of a truly classic Data West post. Congrats.

And now, the rebuttal: it's the cup, who gives a shit? Certainly not you, just another challenger to bitch about when they lose to Okada. New Beginning onwards is just treading water until the G1. Whatever you think of him, Fale is always booked as such that he can realistically beat anyone on the roster on any given day. There.

It's weird that anytime there's any sort of winner that doesn't build up well and doesn't lead to anything, your response is always 'It's so and so who cares?'
'It's BOSJ who cares?'
'It's the tag prix who cares?'
'It's NJ Cup who cares?'
'It's not that there's anything ultimately wrong with the stale booking or that the promotion writes around only one month of the year. WHO CARES'

I'm not really seeing how or why the Funky Weapon popped up and got the pin right after taking quadruple simultaneous drop kicks from Ingobernables, but hey, what do I know.

That was a pretty bad NJPW show, Ishii/Shibata didn't even really save it. The Fale/Evil match and result was bewildering.

Yeah he's pretty fucking obnoxious. I actually went back to the German commentary.

yeah, i should probably get used to foreign comms now Cyrus is stinking up New Japan commentary.

jesus riddle looks like a babby next to dijak

klonere

Banned
yeah, i should probably get used to foreign comms now Cyrus is stinking up New Japan commentary.

jesus riddle looks like a babby next to dijak

The Dragon Gate commentator is legit the best in the world and I don't understand a word he says.

Legit every time I see Riddle he's better at something , the Dijak match made me realize how much he has improved his strikes.

He's a bad worker who is only ever pushed in tournaments where he's up against far far better people he can't even be carried to good matches by because he's so shit

Every year they give him at least two obnoxious random wins against someone far more deserving in tournaments, and it's baffling because it doesn't draw a pop or buy or merch sales or anything from crowds at all positively justifiable to the company. At least people universally buy Reigns merch

My boy EVIL couldnt' even carry him to 3 stars :'[

I see your point. Fair enough.

It's weird that anytime there's any sort of winner that doesn't build up well and doesn't lead to anything, your response is always 'It's so and so who cares?'
'It's BOSJ who cares?'
'It's the tag prix who cares?'
'It's NJ Cup who cares?'
'It's not that there's anything ultimately wrong with the stale booking or that the promotion writes around only one month of the year. WHO CARES'

Is it weird? Is it really? That I can admit fault with my favourite promotion? So weird. SO WEIRD. I guess I'm just not that great of a sycophant. But still, better than being the kind of person who expects some dramatic change to structure and booking year after year, despite all evidence to the contrary. Would I prefer it if the gap between WK and the G1 held more importance, and vice versa? Sure, that would be grand. I even wrote an article griping about New Japan's seasonal malaise a year or two back, but whatever, I guess I'm just making excuses for my favourite promotion. Haven't even watched today's show, not at all excited to see Fale in the final tomorrow either, but I understand why it's happening.

full

Top Bottom