• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Caderfix

I guess I'm higher on Roman than you guys because I don't watch Raw every week. He definitely doesn't deserve to win overrated.

I'd probably pick Thatcher (as much as I like him) or Mike Bennett?

I don't know the other two guys, but the bolded would suggest that it is not a "definitive" thing. The current character sucks the fun out of the atmosphere.

Sephzilla

jFQx19D.gif

Nintendo is still trying to get friend codes over in 2017

i8Lbbr1.gif

Nintendo is Vince McMahon-tier out of touch

I can't be the only one getting weary of the same few posters constantly bringing up borderline contextless gaming side Nintendo stuff in the wrestling threads over the last two months because it's like their safe space or something.

Friends its fine if your miffed at those backwards arse Nintendoisms but how about just taking it to the actual threads?

Roman is on every show. The build up and his matches are always the same. Roman is the old Cena with even less moves.

Seriously the final segment of Raw this week was him "winning" because he got his ass kicked but stood strong enough at the end to sign a paper.

Literally got the I'm the winner play my music spot for signing his name.

Sephzilla

Thanks everyone for the compliments regarding GWF last night. Was glad the show mostly ran without a hitch, but go figure 2Kuality would strike in the final stretch of the goddamn title match. I'm already planning GWF2 as we speak.

I can't be the only one getting weary of the same few posters constantly bringing up borderline contextless gaming side Nintendo stuff in the wrestling threads over the last two months because it's like their safe space or something.

Friends its fine if your miffed at those backwards arse Nintendoisms but how about just taking it to the actual threads?

Because most of WrassleGAF is in a similar mindset about Nintendo and when we don't agree it remains a civil discussion. Having a dissenting opinion on gaming side tends to result in some dog-piling. But if it's annoying you that much I can put forth some kind of effort to quell it a little. Over the years WrassleGAF has more or less just turned into a sub-community rather than just a pure wrestling discussion thread so sometimes off topic discussions can go on for a while, admittedly.

GunBR

Holy shit the WON Awards.

No wonder Meltz delayed releasing them for weeks on end. Straight up embarrassing shit. Roman as most overrated what the fuck, he's been in and out of the main event scene since the brand split, put on many entertaining matches and isn't featured half as much as people want to think.
The thing about Roman is that before the Rumble he was fighting for the Universal title while holding the US title at the same time
At Rumble he fought for the title, then entered the Rumble (because...why not?) at number 30 and eliminated Taker
In resume, everything is always about him even if he isn't in the main event.

But I agree about Cesaro. Right now Sami (for example) is waaaay more underrated than him

shanafan

The Roman salt is so hilarious.

The guy goes out there, puts on fun matches but people shit on him because of his mega push. Seriously, boo the company but don't boo the guy that just does what the company wants him to do.

If you were a WWE superstar, and Vince was like "We want you in the spotlight", would you say no?

Sephzilla

The guy goes out there, puts on fun matches but people shit on him because of his mega push. Seriously, boo the company but don't boo the guy that just does what the company wants him to do.

If you were a WWE superstar, and Vince was like "We want you in the spotlight", would you say no?

Eh, I don't think Roman puts on fun matches usually but that's subjective.

Part of the problem with Roman and his push is that Roman has pretty much admitted to being pretty complacent. Like, he doesn't even seem to want to do anything with his character to improve it at all and is just coasting on Vince's rocket.

Kornflayx

Of course I would do it too. Doesn't change the fact that he's a terrible on screen character

Hasney

No-ones blaming Roman here. but like I said, I've found 4 of his singles matches in his career fun and that's it. 3 of them against 2 of the best wrestlers of any era and 1 with an entertaining guy in a cage above the ring. Of course you wouldn't say no if you were him, but Vince shouldn't be saying yes unless he wants a garbage product. Fortunately, there's a product for people like me. It's called Smackdown.

You call it salt, I call it I don't watch Raw because of it and get my 3 hours back.

Heroman

Banned
Roman is the definition of overrated, almost everyone here and a big part of the WWE can agree that he shouldn't be in the position he is in.

Caderfix

This is not a valid argument, as most here don't have anything against the performer. They don't like Reigns the character, it's booking, it's moveset and/or whatever.

Also, yes, no one would say no for a big opportunity, but it doesn't change the fact it doesn't improve the show and that it's been constant, except for the brief period around the wellness incident, making things worse due to overexposure.

There's nothing wrong with liking Roman, and I get that it might be frustrating to see a bunch of people pilling on him, but, still, "leave Roman alone" and painting others as "haters/salty" is not going to help the man's case.

Recall

I don't think Roman is the one asking for his theme song to be played at the end of RAW.

Creative sucks, scripting everything sucks, yet WWE wants you to believe that it's the fan's fault.

I'll get back to the wrassles after this.

NintendOwl
Well, it's an Owl pun,
Guess I'll let you off the hook.

Because most of WrassleGAF is in a similar mindset about Nintendo and when we don't agree it remains a civil discussion. Having a dissenting opinion on gaming side tends to result in some dog-piling. But if it's annoying you that much I can put forth some kind of effort to quell it a little. Over the years WrassleGAF has more or less just turned into a sub-community rather than just a pure wrestling discussion thread so sometimes off topic discussions can go on for a while, admittedly.

I actually get ya to a degree and a bit of off-topic is no problem, I don't mind talking the kideo stuff here when it's brought up but that's in more of a recommendation kinda thing, it's good to know various opinions from posters you know.

On the flipside of the coin to your feeling on gaming side threads being a dangerous land of dogpiling (I'm pretty sure it goes both ways, makes those sort of threads a hassle if you're on middle ground so I just don't bother) I find that simply moving a driveby esque post in here instead is basically a similar thing where it's like "now to wait for people to agree with me in safety".

Guess I just don't think some of these more recent posts are so much trying to create any sort of sub discussion, when the Switch had its January event and Nintendo shockmaster'd out the gate? yeah there was discussion potential, plenty of it especially as a number in here had been intrigued by said console and got hit with the equivalent of a disappointing Wrestlemania
Friend Codes though? the prices of random games? stuff like that not so much, I don't think anyone wants to actually discuss that RIGHT HERE IN WRASSLEGAF HOME OF THE GWF *thumbs up*

As an aside I don't think gaming side is quite the danger zone some think it is, you've just gotta avoid the hyperbolic posters on positive and negative sides.

Recall

All members of the Shield becoming more and more trash the more and more they spend time apart.

Truly the answer is another reunion!

The answer is thoughtout booking, well planned and interesting storylines and playing to a wrestlers strengths. You could re-unite the Shield but it won't fix anything as it doesn't address the main problem...shitty booking.

There are no storylines anymore just half assed moments and fake crowd reaction shots.

Shut up Shannon

cordy

Banned
It doesn't matter what most internet wrestling fans think about the Shield. They'll still be pushed over their favorites.

- Reigns beat Trips at WM, will probably beat Lesnar this year too. He beats everyone. 3x WWE Champion. Probably beat Taker at WM.
- Rollins will end up beating Trips at WM this year. He's a 2x WWE Champion. If you're not an elite he'll beat you.
- Ambrose squashed Miz during his hot 2016, hasn't lost clean since Lesnar, Styles hasn't beaten him by pin/submission clean. Pinned Cena clean in a few mins. Strongest kayfabe full-time wrestler.

The Shield boyz will be pushed over all your favorites. The internet wrestling fans can get mad all they want.

Kaladin

After watching the GWF Rumble, I demand a one on one shot at Ithil, falls count anywhere. Gotta get my win back before moving on to bigger things.

Sephzilla

I'm thinking GWF2 will be some mini tournament for the Tag Titles and some kind of match to find a midcard champion. Then we'll save the GWF Cup for GWF3.

Top Bottom