• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Syder

Can someone tell me why Horizon isn't just Far Cry: Blood Dragon X Far Cry: Primal in third person? From what I've seen it looks like another open world 'Ubisoftified' game. The visuals aren't that spectacular either (probably not even in the top 3 PS4 titles), they seem to have put a lot of work into the character models (hair looks great on the MC) but the textures in the landscape are average. Also, those damage numbers coming off of every enemy is a big no-no.

Kaladin

So a couple of the local Gamestops in my area only got enough Switches to fill preorders, and Wal-Mart only got 7.

D7ij6Nh.gif

Amazon has them with the Raw and Smackdown controllers.

Zach

Can someone tell me why Horizon isn't just Far Cry: Blood Dragon X Far Cry: Primal in third person? From what I've seen it looks like another open world 'Ubisoftified' game. The visuals aren't that spectacular either (probably not even in the top 3 PS4 titles), they seem to have put a lot of work into the character models (hair looks great on the MC) but the textures in the landscape are average. Also, those damage numbers coming off of every enemy is a big no-no.

This thread probably has your answers.

Also: damage numbers coming off of enemies? I have barely played the game, and haven't even fought anything yet, but can't you turn that off? Seemed like there were a lot of HUD, etc. options.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Because it's an Ubisoft game with no Ubisoft logo so people don't feel ashamed for whatever stupid reason

Sephzilla

It feels a lot more polished than an Ubisoft game so far. I played a solid 4-5 hours of it yesterday and it didn't really feel repetitive or anything yet - Ubisoft games of the similar vein already feel tedious as fuck after the goddamn prologue cutscene.

Syder

This thread probably has your answers.

Also: damage numbers coming off of enemies? I have barely played the game, and haven't even fought anything yet, but can't you turn that off? Seemed like there were a lot of HUD, etc. options.
Because it's an Ubisoft game with no Ubisoft logo so people don't feel ashamed for whatever stupid reason
It feels a lot more polished than an Ubisoft game so far. I played a solid 4-5 hours of it yesterday and it didn't really feel repetitive or anything yet - Ubisoft games of the similar vein already feel tedious as fuck after the goddamn prologue cutscene.
Yeah, I watched the Easy Allies review and I just don't think this sort of open-world game is for me anymore. Time consuming whilst not being very innovative. I hope you can turn a lot of that shit off because the default HUD is waaaaaaay too busy. I feel like this game needs one unique hook that I can't find in other similar games (Far Cry, Monster Hunter, Tomb Raider, Dragon Age, The Division, etc., etc.) and it's just not there like Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis System.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
pretty sure the neon switches on amazon are only for prime now

FE link your FC when you get it or PM me. I'd post mine but I'm worried a certain undesirable would get it

Hasney

pretty sure the neon switches on amazon are only for prime now

FE link your FC when you get it or PM me. I'd post mine but I'm worried a certain undesirable would get it

Sorry. I wouldn't want to stink up your friends list with my CLASS. /s

Just saw you can;t do anything anyway. You can just make people BEST friends so far.

So uh while looking up Ziggler on twitter

He tweeted this to a "fan"

Curiousity struck me and I looked up that ummm "fan's" twitter and umm holy shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/qolf013087

That has to be a bot or something right? Because if not I'd be concerned about Becky Lynch's safety if she ever ended up in the same place as this person. Creepy fucked up shit.

This account has sent like over 1000 tweets at Becky Lynch in the last like week or so.

giphy.gif

Twitter is full of delusional psychos.

Yeah I'm shocked you guys have never seen a twitter account like that.

I've seen them for fuckin' no namers and podcast hosts, let alone WWE guys.

Just had a phone interview, and it couldn't have gone better. Just need to wait and see if they want me for a face to face interview. Or to put it in carny speak: cut a promo on a recruiter, gonna work on another one for the promoter next week.

Wait wait wait, I never knew that the guy who played Sub Zero in 95 was the WWE's on screen Dr(even though he was actually a chiropractor).

So uh while looking up Ziggler on twitter

He tweeted this to a "fan"

Curiousity struck me and I looked up that ummm "fan's" twitter and umm holy shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/qolf013087

That has to be a bot or something right? Because if not I'd be concerned about Becky Lynch's safety if she ever ended up in the same place as this person. Creepy fucked up shit.

This account has sent like over 1000 tweets at Becky Lynch in the last like week or so.
Jesus Christ. That is so messed up.
tumblr_olrocbOUXe1s05wxzo1_400.gif

I mean, we do share a forum with Zach, so who are we to talk? :/
But we all know as WrassleGAF's Jamison, Zach is harmless, just need to keep your curtains and blinds closed.

Yeah I'm shocked you guys have never seen a twitter account like that.

I've seen them for fuckin' no namers and podcast hosts, let alone WWE guys.

I've seen them, if it's not those crazies it's other crazies who claim to be "role players".

Sephzilla

Just had a phone interview, and it couldn't have gone better. Just need to wait and see if they want me for a face to face interview. Or to put it in carny speak: cut a promo on a recruiter, gonna work on another one for the promoter next week.

Grab that brass ring, friend beef!

Good luck!

Beefy

Yeah, I watched the Easy Allies review and I just don't think this sort of open-world game is for me anymore. Time consuming whilst not being very innovative. I hope you can turn a lot of that shit off because the default HUD is waaaaaaay too busy. I feel like this game needs one unique hook that I can't find in other similar games (Far Cry, Monster Hunter, Tomb Raider, Dragon Age, The Division, etc., etc.) and it's just not there like Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis System.

Non of them games are as good as Horizon so far. I have played 7hrs and not bored yet, it just seems different from any other open world game I have played.

Syder

Non of them games are as good as Horizon so far. I have played 7hrs and not bored yet, it just seems different from any other open world game I have played.
None of them are boring in the first 10-20 hours though. It's that feeling when you've ploughed 30 or 40 hours into an open world game and you've gotten nothing fulfilling out of it... I'm not about that anymore.

The Witcher and the Soulsborne series have just ruined open world games for me.

Beefy

Hope all goes well fellow beef.

Beefy

None of them are boring in the first 10-20 hours though. It's that feeling when you've ploughed 30 or 40 hours into an open world game and you've gotten nothing fulfilling out of it... I'm not about that anymore.

The Witcher and the Soulsborne series have just ruined open world games for me.

Gameplay is far better then Witcher .

Syder

Shoot - I got bored in Witcher 3 pretty early on. The gameplay is pretty ass
Gameplay is far better then Witcher .
That's not really the main hook of the series though. On my second playthrough for when the DLCs came out I just cheated in levels and items and enjoyed the amazing story.

Snake handles better in MGSV than in any game but people will always look poorly on the game because of the terrible story.

Sephzilla

Witcher 3 gets by purely on its story. Horizon (so far) seems to have better gameplay and it has a story that's fairly interesting too (and since I'm a bit more of a sci-fi person, this is more up my alley anyway). It's also the first time in a while Guerrilla Games has made a game with characters I actually somewhat give a shit about, for what it's worth.

I also like how the first "chapter", for lack of a better term, pulls a slight Game of Thrones on you. [spoilers for up to the first main boss fight]
They introduce a character that is totally supposed to be your antagonist/rival who torments you since childhood and who's just an unlikable asshole, introduce a friendly rival who will push you forward, and introduce a mentor character who's probably going to be a relevant plot point later in the story, and then just as you think all of these trope characters are going to start slipping into their roles for the rest of the story FUCKING NOPE they all die unceremoniously and now it's time to start the real story
. I fucking loved that.

Beefy

That's not really the main hook of the series though. On my second playthrough for when the DLCs came out I just cheated in levels and items and enjoyed the amazing story.

Snake handles better in MGSV than in any game but people will always look poorly on the game because of the terrible story.

The story so far is good! It actually goes through her life and show why she is who she is. I hope it continues like this because for me it would get close to Witcher 3 story.

Witcher 3 gets by purely on its story. Horizon (so far) seems to have better gameplay and it has a story that's fairly interesting too (and since I'm a bit more of a sci-fi person, this is more up my alley anyway). It's also the first time in a while Guerrilla Games has made a game with characters I actually somewhat give a shit about, for what it's worth.

I also like how the first "chapter", for lack of a better term, pulls a slight Game of Thrones on you. [spoilers for up to the first main boss fight]
They introduce a character that is totally supposed to be your antagonist/rival who torments you since childhood and who's just an unlikable asshole, introduce a friendly rival who will push you forward, and introduce a mentor character who's probably going to be a relevant plot point later in the story, and then just as you think all of these trope characters are going to start slipping into their roles for the rest of the story FUCKING NOPE they all die unceremoniously and now it's time to start the real story
. I fucking loved that.

Yep. That bit was great.

Kaladin

My only problem with Horizon so far, and it's very minimal.....
.that goddamn Bluetooth device must have a hell of a battery life.

Beefy

My only problem with Horizon so far, and it's very minimal.....
.that goddamn Bluetooth device must have a hell of a battery life.

My only problem is whether to upgrade the bow you first get or not. I have a 33% corruption damage from the Scrapper hunting area.

Sephzilla

Rumors are swirling around that the GWF front office is considering booking a one on one GWF World Championship #1 contenders match at GWF2, with the winner going on to face Beefy at GWF3 for the title. Supposedly the list of wrestlers being considered is down to a mere 3 or 4 people. GWFInsider will keep you up to date with the latest information, please subscribe.

Top Bottom