• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

The NJPW statement on Honma's a bit more detailed in Japanese, saying that he's likely going to be out for an extended period due to cervical spine injury - the fact they didn't mention whether he regained any movement is worrying, though.

Honma's 40 years old now, and this is a very serious injury. I'd be surprised if we ever saw him wrestle again, tbh. I just hope he can make a full recovery, regardless of if he returns to the ring or not.

Foffy

Banned
Even if he comes back, I think he's going to have to change his style.

I was already concerned he focused a lot on headbutts and bumps with those. If he comes back with a recovering neck, that area of what he does just seems far more risky.

I wish Peyton Royce would just come out to Billy Kay's dope Ocarina Of Time dungeon theme

Her theme is weak
That gave me a chuckle, if Prof Beef hates it as much as his heathen self hates the OoT Forest Temple theme than it must pass the dungeon theme test.

Wait but they got it all backwards, Angle was the one who was supposed to kill himself, did he bequeath his suicidal moonsaults to Cody in a passing of the torch moment?

Finally caught up on wrestling after this hectic week, wtf this shit on Smackdown is so stupid.

Whhhhy are they gonna waste AJ at WM on Shane? :|

I'd be like sorry Randal no one else was in on your dumb ass swerve so when you said you didn't want your spot you lost it. NICE JOB IDIOT.

The whole thing just feels really "Eh." Being all will they wont they wishy-washy crap in regards to who is 'main eventing' WM is not a good idea. Just trolling the fans with well maybe your guy will be there, dragging it out for weeks, it really ruins the feel.

Finally caught up on wrestling after this hectic week, wtf this shit on Smackdown is so stupid.

Whhhhy are they gonna waste AJ at WM on Shane? :|

I'd be like sorry Randal no one else was in on your dumb ass swerve so when you said you didn't want your spot you lost it. NICE JOB IDIOT.

The whole thing just feels really "Eh." Being all will they wont they wishy-washy crap in regards to who is 'main eventing' WM is not a good idea. Just trolling the fans with well maybe your guy will be there, dragging it out for weeks, it really ruins the feel.

We're like a month away from Mania... this is building stories, and all the major mania feuds (Wyatt/Orton, Jericho/Owens, Lesnar/Goldberg, the Raw Women to an extent) are based on stories that have been building since Summer and Fall.

AJ vs Shane is now way more interesting based on the story than I expected it to be.

The Orton turn was infinitely better than RKO outta nowhere... and now sets that match up to be a blood feud...

The NJPW statement on Honma's a bit more detailed in Japanese, saying that he's likely going to be out for an extended period due to cervical spine injury - the fact they didn't mention whether he regained any movement is worrying, though.

Honma's 40 years old now, and this is a very serious injury. I'd be surprised if we ever saw him wrestle again, tbh. I just hope he can make a full recovery, regardless of if he returns to the ring or not.

I'm not much of a fan of Honma, but for someone new to NJPW it's always felt watching an old guard out there. This is a bummer.

How do, Beefy.

Let me brighten all of your days with a little bit of 1-2-3;

pGpfQAL.jpg

zeTkb4M.jpg

rIstP3I.jpg

The last days of the AWA are insane.

They booked on purpose empty arena matches

EDI: lmaoooon they were going to green screen a crowd in.

Also a turkey on a pole match. Russo was a big AWA fan

Now Switch users are complaining about their screens getting scratches from docking/undocking? Incredible.

The more I think about it, the more hyped I'm getting for Fastlane. Jericho is totally costing KO the belt against Oldberg, right?

Beefy

Now Switch users are complaining about their screens getting scratches from docking/undocking? Incredible.

The more I think about it, the more hyped I'm getting for Fastlane. Jericho is totally costing KO the belt against Oldberg, right?

The dock is pure plastic . There's like 20 Switches just chilling in my local store.

Zach

Hardyz vs. Cade/Murdoch at Backlash '07 was pretty good. Saw that Cade will die soon like Umaga. Madness.

Hey, it's do-rag Vince...

Interesting dynamic given Jericho and Bill's history and , of course, JeriKO.

Should be a hell of a match.

All of the reports about him not having any movement appear to internet chatter. There isn't anything from someone close to New Japan about it. Hopefully it was all just gossip, and if so, there's no reason for NJPW to mention it in their report.

orioto

Good Art™

I'm using my switch portable only, the dock is still in the box. That's how real men do!

For Fastlane it's actually pretty amazing how many possibilities there are in that scenario.

_Goldberg squashes Owens in 2 minutes
_Jericho costs Owens the match (but that means Owens has to lead the match before that then right ?) and they feud without the belt
_Jericho costs Owens the match but he retains
_Lesnar costs Goldberg the match to be a douche
_Lesnar costs Owens the match to secure the belt at Mania

My fav scenario is still:
_Jericho is left for after Mania
_Owens has a real match by taking an early advantage (Assaulting Goldberg before the bell or, even better, doing some psycho thing with his son ring side to destroy his focus)
_Owens stays in control for some time, showing Goldberg can take some offense.
_Lesnar interferes to secure the belt at mania, Goldberg new champ
_Next RAW, contract signing for Mania. Owens destroy the fuck out of both of them and demand to be put in the match.
_Mania: triple threat (which is 5000 times more fun as a match, still a money maker with big games, but this time elevate like never a full time wrestler)

WELLLLLLLLLLLL IT'S THE BIG SHOOOOOOOOOOT

“It’s on Shaq. He has to figure things out in his own camp. Maybe he is just too scared to show up because he’s too busy riding around singing karaoke with John Cena and going to Krispy Kreme and getting fatter every week.... He’s got to be what, 440, 450 pounds? He’s gotten pretty fat. Me on the other hand? I just weighed in this morning — 379 pounds.... Maybe he doesn’t want to put on spandex and show the entire world that Shaquille O’Neal, one of the greatest basketball players of all time, looks like Jabba the Hutt. It’s on him. He has to weigh these consequences in his own mind. Does he want the world to know how fat and out of shape he is? Or does he want to sit back and talk shit into a podcast?... C’mon, Shaq. Where are you? Just bring some heating pads after the match. You’ll be all right.”

Wishing him well. I've only recently gotten into NJPW but I loved seeing him deliver the Kokeshi.

Top Bottom