• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Pikma

Banned
Zazyu8a.gif
The definition of negative charisma

orioto

Good Art™
No hype for fastlane!

I must be the only one. I feel like it's really important for Owens cause it's basically him hitting the glass ceilling right in the face or breaking it.

Roman has to realize how silly he looks doing this. But he's getting paid so hey.

He doesn't pull off any of the choreographed stuff they ask him to do well at all. Not the "UAAAAAH" thing before the spear. Not the weird Ultimate Warrior style head banging. Not the cock my wrist thing. None of it. None of it feels even remotely authentic.

Tall4Life

He doesn't pull off any of the choreographed stuff they ask him to do well at all. Not the "UAAAAAH" thing before the spear. Not the weird Ultimate Warrior style head banging. Not the cock my wrist thing. None of it. None of it feels even remotely authentic.

I greatly enjoy it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReiGun

No hype for fastlane!

I must be the only one. I feel like it's really important for Owens cause it's basically him hitting the glass ceilling right in the face or breaking it.
The main event is the only thing I'm really interested in for that reason. It'll be telling for what they have planned for Owens.

The rest of the card? Eh. Joe v Zayn and Neville v Gallagher should be good matches. Don't care much for anything else.

Yup. It's like he knows all this shit is dumb, but they're paying him insane amounts of money so it's whatever.

It's a shame because I think Roman does have his own kind of charisma. It just doesn't come across because he doesn't believe in anything he's doing.

Pikma

Banned
I watched that pre-Shield triple threat from FCW the other day, Ambrose and Rollins looked great while Leakee spend most of the match napping outside the ring, imagine my surprise when he showed up out of nowhere, hit a very basic samoan drop and shitty finishing move and pinned Ambrose.

Like, even back then it was evident Roman didn't have it, I can't believe they've been trying to pretend he's the best big thing for so long, and it's why I don't think they will stop trying anytime soon

Anth0ny

I gave you a like. xoxo

<3

rock on smoe joe:
Been following this man's wrestling career for years now. I'm very happy to see him (finally) in the WWE making a global name for himself.
Many wrestling and fight historians will attest to this, that at one time in 1970's, pro wrestlers were some of the biggest and toughest men on the planet. Well before UFC and MMA made its worldwide footprint, there was a hard core wrestling style derived from "Catch wrestling" which then spawned lots of shoot styles in wrestling training. Samoa Joe reminds me of that rare legit tough MF throwback style of wrestler.
Happy for him and his family. It's his time. He's earned it and one day we'll be referring to him as WWE World Champ. Keep kickin' ass Uso.
#SamoaJoe #FutureChamp #Backstage #RAW

called him a shooter and that mother fucker

high praise

Bronx-Man

Banned
You already know Roman's beating Undertaker in Orlando. And you also know they're gonna do the same 'passing the torch' spot afterwards that never goes over with the crowd.

Zazyu8a.gif

Posting again just to say that amidst all of the possible options in the by-then hundreds of hours of footage dedicated to him in their archives by the time his career is over, this is one of the few moments I can tell is absolutely going in his Hall of Fame induction hype video package, and part of me hopes I'm still around to laugh at it when it happens

Tall4Life

You already know Roman's beating Undertaker in Orlando. And you also know they're gonna do the same 'passing the torch' spot afterwards that never goes over with the crowd.

And we will all stand up, applaud, and weep, as our champion has finally overcum it all ;^)

ngower

Went to the Chikara show in Maine tonight. My first Chikara show. What a gloriously stupid organization.

Bummed Ophidian didn't have any non-kids merch cause I've been a fan of his since the most illegal move in wrestling video went viral. Cool to see Chuck Taylor and Los Ice Creams too.

Mahonay

Banned
Went to the Chikara show in Maine tonight. My first Chikara show. What a gloriously stupid organization.

Bummed Ophidian didn't have any non-kids merch cause I've been a fan of his since the most illegal move in wrestling video went viral. Cool to see Chuck Taylor and Los Ice Creams too.
Went to a Chikara show a few years ago here in NYC. Had an awesome time but the venue was kinda shit.

ngower

Went to a Chikara show a few years ago here in NYC. Had an awesome time but the venue was kinda shit.

This was at an elementary school. The ring they used was a boxing ring with ropes that were way too slacked, so there were about twenty near-death experiences.

Mahonay

Banned
This was at an elementary school. The ring they used was a boxing ring with ropes that were way too slacked, so there were about twenty near-death experiences.
Lol. The place they had it here was a music venue with poor viewing angles and overpriced drinks. The outside of the ring was just a dirty hardwood floor with metal railings that were super close to the ring. Definitely felt my asshole tighten every time someone jumped to the outside.

ngower

Lol. The place they had it here was a music venue with poor viewing angles and overpriced drinks. The outside of the ring was just a dirty hardwood floor with metal railings that were super close to the ring. Definitely felt my asshole tighten every time someone jumped to the outside.

There's a Vaudevillains-esque tag team who wear suspenders which came loose, but sorta had a Y shape to them and someone nearly got their neck caught in the point during a pretty risky move to begin with. Gnarly stuff.

On the fence about trying to make tomorrow's show. Card doesn't look as enticing, but it was fun enough and I could go for free.

TNA's Eli Drake catching heat from fans for saying in an interview that wrestling should have credits (ex. "Shawn Spears as Eli Drake")

Guess he has an account here and read too much "it's fucking fake" posts, now too far gone

TNA
Xplosion:
Reno Scum defeat DCC
Drunk Laurel Van Ness defeats MJ Jenkins after spitting champagne in her eyes

Karen Jarrett says Maria had a nervous breakdown, and the lack of authority since her exit caused Sienna's bullying to go unpunished. Sienna says at least she got to Impact on merit, not because of who she married and who she moved on to. Karen demands an apology, but is interrupted and threatened by Kevin Matthews (Sienna's cousin). Braxton Sutter and Allie make the save, Braxton vs KM tonight
Andrew Everett pins DJZ. Helms says Everett gets an opportunity at Lee next week
Borash interviews Rosemary: who's next? ODB out accepting the challenge. Rest of the Knockouts out wanting shots too, brawl ensues
EC3 wants to be EC3time World champ. James Storm says he deserves the opportunity, but fans should choose. #MIGA
Knockouts gauntlet next week to determine #1 contender
Kevin Matthews defeats Sutter. Sutter/Allie stand tall post match, Drunk Laurel yells at them from the ramp
LAX win tag titles over Decay, Reno Scum, and Garza Jr/Laredo Kid
Eli Drake defeats Caleb Konley
Pritchard says next week there's a 4 v 4 Survivor Series of Team Borash vs Team Josh
ODB wins #1 contendership, eliminating Madison Rayne last
James Storm out to old music/Tron, done with DCC, back to being the cowboy. Most viewed Impact was when he won the world title, wants to #MIGA. Kingston/Bram interrupt, Storm superkicks both. RIP DCC
Edwards/Richards Last Man Standing tonight
Everett pins Rockett in a triple threat also featuring Suicide
Richards defeats Edwards
Did Prichard really call it that?
Dragon Ball Super has a Royal Rumble arc about to start ;)
And Goku is full on asshole Cena.

shanafan

So.. why guys like Randy Orton, Triple H, Kurt Angle and Batista (to name a few), start their WWE careers with hair, but then just go with buzz cuts or shave their hair right off? Are they covering up their balding?

So.. why guys like Randy Orton, Triple H, Kurt Angle and Batista (to name a few), start their WWE careers with hair, but then just go with buzz cuts or shave their hair right off? Are they covering up their balding?

Yeah. When not done, it looks much worse tbh (see Shawn)

Top Bottom