• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

It the same problem WWE has been facing for years, there is only like 4 or 5 shows that feel important atleast they have the network now cause most show would flop.

But I mean with all due respect the complaints about this show are about things like Charlotte's streak ending (though I think they'll nullify that tomorrow anyway) here and Strowman's first loss being here. So yeah you can't have it both ways. You can't get mad when important things happen on less important shows but then also complain that those shows aren't important because nothing meaningful happens on them.

You gotta understand excelsiorlef, hyperbole is the name of the game here, every year I've been on Wrasslegaf has been touted as the absolute drizzling shits of WWE.
The last two years have had points where I was actually inclined to agree as far as recent memory goes, but in any case sometimes people need to take a step back and remember periods like the later half of 2007.

All things said though I find the idea of Goldberg as champ in 2017 absolutely baffling considering he's already over with the audience that want to see him but WWE's nostalgia pandering culture has given them the sign that it's actually the right call however brief it may be so it is what it is.

I'm whatever about KO losing. He's kinda already established.

I think Braun losing is fucking stupid though.

They actually built a guy properly and fans were even responding to him despite being green and they just fed him to Reigns, at a throwaway show. Ending Charlottes "streak" at random seems dumb too.

Sephzilla

You gotta understand excelsiorlef, hyperbole is the name of the game here, every year I've been on Wrasslegaf has been touted as the absolute drizzling shits of WWE.
The last two years have had points where I was actually inclined to agree as far as recent memory goes, but in any case sometimes people need to take a step back and remember periods like the later half of 2007.

All things said though I find the idea of Goldberg as champ in 2017 absolutely baffling considering he's already over with the audience that want to see him but WWE's nostalgia pandering culture has given them the sign that it's actually the right call however brief it may be so it is what it is.

Blanket statements like that aren't cool.

Also, the declining ratings of the product do kind of support the idea that the product is really bad.

klonere

Banned
Goldberg, Brock and Taker sold the Rumble.

Goldberg, Brock, Taker and Shane are going to sell Mania.

WWE are going to have another record dollar gross revenue year.

And y'all still don't get it.

Only thing missing is Brawn on top of a giant building calling out Roman.

2G3dUa.gif

I mean the fact is Strowman vs Reigns was a great match... I mean if he can survive the ridiculousness of that Zayn feud (that Roadblock Match was fucking nonsense) he can survive getting pinned by Reigns

Heroman

Banned
But I mean with all due respect the complaints about this show are about things like Charlotte's streak ending (though I think they'll nullify that tomorrow anyway) here and Strowman's first loss being here. So yeah you can't have it bith ways. You can't get mad when important things happen on less important shows but then also complain that those shows aren't important because nothing meaningful happens on them.
Well none of those are big moments, like Charlotte ppv win streak mean less and less if she loses on TV every other week and brawn strowman first loss means little as wellas he only has beaten Zayn and show. Big moments are something I will remember next year and I probably won't remember anything at fast lane besides the Goldberg stuff.

Fastlane opening match winner: 37 years old
Fastlane tag champ winners: 33 and 37
Fastlane Cesaro match winner: 36
Fastlane Rusev match winner: 45
Fastlane Universal title winner: 50

Foggy

I am surprised people are surprised and angry. As if the hardcore fan's favorite has been at the top of the card during football season before being pushed back down the card during Mania season hasn't been happening for ages. Everyone should have known KO would drop the title to Goldberg. I feel like everyone knew this would happen months ago.

I mean it fucking sucks and destroys the longevity of the company but yeah.

I would imagine all the KO stalling was just salt in the wound. One thing to see it coming, another thing to experience it.

But I mean with all due respect the complaints about this show are about things like Charlotte's streak ending (though I think they'll nullify that tomorrow anyway) here and Strowman's first loss being here. So yeah you can't have it both ways. You can't get mad when important things happen on less important shows but then also complain that those shows aren't important because nothing meaningful happens on them.

The complaints I've seen are those didn't need to happen at a meaningless garbage PPV like Fastlane

The booking also just made NO sense. Why were there two throwaway matches here with Rusev and Jinder. The finish to Nia Jax was terrible, the finish with the tag team was bad.

I honestly think the brand split is going to hurt things in the long run.

Fastlane opening match winner: 37 years old
Fastlane tag champ winners: 33 and 37
Fastlane Cesaro match winner: 36
Fastlane Rusev match winner: 45
Fastlane Universal title winner: 50

Ok Kevin Owens is 33 in a few months
Zayn will be 33 in the summer
Strowman is 33
Reigns will be 32 in May
Jinder will be 31 in the summer
Enzo is 30
Cass will be 31 in the summer
Rusev is 32
Neville will be 32 in the summer

WWE isn't for 20 somethings wrestlers anymore.
Banks is the youngest at 25 and then Gallagher and Bayley at 27

Heroman

Banned
I mean the fact is Strowman vs Reigns was a great match... I mean if he can survive the ridiculousness of that Zayn feud (that Roadblock Match was fucking nonsense) he can survive getting pinned by Reigns
I just wonder what next for Braun because there really isn't anyone who should beat him now. He was build for Roman to beat.

Ok Kevin Owens is 33 in a few months
Zayn will be 33 in the summer
Strowman is 33
Reigns will be 32 in May
Jinder will be 31 in the summer
Enzo is 30
Cass will be 31 in the summer
Rusev is 32

WWE isn't for 20 somethings anymore.

Weren't you just questioning someone saying a bunch of old people are on top

lol too far gone like I said

Blanket statements like that aren't cool.

Also, the declining ratings of the product do kind of support the idea that the product is really bad.
Honestly you can't tell me you've gone a month in these threads without witnessing at least a few complete overreactions/"worst ever" statements to WWE's admittedly often dubious booking.
Heck posters calling competent wrestlers complete trash, the use of AWFUL mic skills for any promo that comes across as middling and the like, you don't think that slowly but surely creates a vibe of hyperbole in discussions here?

Problem with trying to gauge the whole product as really bad is it varies all the time in different branches of the brand.
Raw is currently pants, I don't much care for it at all, a valid case for really bad.
Smackdown meanwhile is perfectly solid, it's not amazing but it's what I'd consider a decent watch each week.
NXT is uneven having come out of what will probably go down as its golden era and needing to rebuild its divisions yet again. Can still deliver when it counts

A year ago I could look at the same brands and Smackdown was pure filler, NXT was still in the last breath of said best era and Raw, well that one was still poor I think.

Weren't you just questioning someone saying a bunch of old people are on top

lol too far gone like I said

The ages aren't that vastly different (except Goldberg really ) was my point. Hell two of the youngest (Sasha, Bayley, actually went over).

And please spare me this superiority complex you seem to have because you don't enjoy WWE.
I'm not delusional because I don't rage hate the product.

Like there's a bigger age gap between Nia and Sasha at 8 years than there is between most of the 30s and mid to late 30s guys...

Only two matches had bigger age gaps than that: Main event and Rusev/Big Show.

Caderfix

I wish Sami and Rusev went to SmackDown. I don't think RAW would miss the two and they'd have more opportunities on SD. Both deserve much better than what they are getting.

Sephzilla

Honestly you can't tell me you've gone a month in these threads without witnessing at least a few complete overreactions/"worst ever" statements to WWE's admittedly often dubious booking.
Heck posters calling competent wrestlers complete trash, the use of AWFUL mic skills for any promo that comes across as middling and the like, you don't think that slowly but surely creates a vibe of hyperbole in discussions here?

Problem with trying to gauge the whole product as really bad is it varies all the time in different branches of the brand.
Raw is currently pants, I don't much care for it at all, a valid case for really bad.
Smackdown meanwhile is perfectly solid, it's not amazing but it's what I'd consider a decent watch each week.
NXT is uneven having come out of what will probably go down as its golden era and needing to rebuild its divisions yet again. Can still deliver when it counts

A year ago I could look at the same brands and Smackdown was pure filler, NXT was still in the last breath of said best era and Raw, well that one was still poor I think.

Hyperbole isn't just a WrassleGAF thing, that's an internet as a whole thing

I still think Mania will be shit.

It'll be really predictable I'd imagine. If I don't enjoy it I'm flat out done with WWE and I mean it this time..... haha

Good thing about today: No TNA taping

If I never have to see another spoiler about Drunk Laurel Van Ness, it'll be too soon. One of the grossest things I've seen from a non-PCW company this year

jmdajr

I feel like some of the biggest stars ever were in their 30s.

Hogan, Warrior, Macho, Stone Cold.

Sure it's not everyone but we got a lot.

I feel like some of the biggest stars ever were in their 30s.

Hogan, Warrior, Macho, Stone Cold.

Sure it's not everyone but we got a lot.

The issue is the same people saying "well everyone's in their 30s now" were the same people saying just a few years ago saying the company needed more people in their 20s. All it took for the tune to change was signing people from the indies who were old, and suddenly the same voices started crying "age doesn't matter!" Just because it's their favs now doesn't mean their own original argument is suddenly invalid or can be erased.

Like I said: 2fargone

Top Bottom