• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Mahonay

Banned
I wonder what Joe gets for Mania this year. What match would he realistically be put in? Maybe he's the guy in a multiman that kills everyone? A run in on one of the other matches for a swerve?

Mahonay

Banned
kind of like how everyoen was fine to rip on big show being fat for years then when its kevin owens we suddenly have mods stepping in and threatening to shut down the thread
thinking-face.png
Some of guys really love to fight for your right to make fun of people for being fat. Seems like a weird sticking point.

Mini-Steiners.

Kaladin

Ideal US Title six man ladder match (if they even do this)

Chris Jericho (C) vs Kevin Owens vs Braun Strowman vs Samoa Joe vs Sami Zayn vs Big Show

That right there would involve 3 ongoing feuds and keep KO vs Jericho going till Summerslam when they can do the blow off one on one LMS match or something.

Sephzilla

kind of like how everyoen was fine to rip on big show being fat for years then when its kevin owens we suddenly have mods stepping in and threatening to shut down the thread
thinking-face.png

Ok, I know this is bait, but seriously. The ripping in Big Show was never even remotely as bad as the Kevin Owens stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gotta find your sense of superiority where you can.

Funny that's what you take out of it rather than 'gee willikers we almost have some sort of inferiority complex that makes us completely ignorant to the fact that we're so predisposed to hate the people we have deemed 'not good' that we'll ream them with comments and romanshirtless.gifs and jump on the sword to defend our favorites while proclaiming it some sort of act of borderline offensive rather than just being bad and accepting it'
Ok, I know this is bait, but seriously. The ripping in Big Show was never even remotely as bad as the Kevin Owens stuff.

Dude are you kidding? 'Big Slob', 'Fat lazy slob' 'fat out of shape turd' Big Show got ripped on FAR more than Owens ever did. FAR more.

Ideal US Title six man ladder match (if they even do this)

Chris Jericho (C) vs Kevin Owens vs Braun Strowman vs Samoa Joe vs Sami Zayn vs Big Show

That right there would involve 3 ongoing feuds and keep KO vs Jericho going till Summerslam when they can do the blow off one on one LMS match or something.

Jericho/Owens is a blood feud and you want to put them in a ladder match with the Big Show?

Nothing could dilute that feud more than throwing them into a spot fest multi-man ladder match.

Jericho is leaving after Payback... feud needs to wrap up by then not left out there to cool until Jericho comes back (assuming he does)

Sephzilla

Dude are you kidding? 'Big Slob', 'Fat lazy slob' 'fat out of shape turd' Big Show got ripped on FAR more than Owens ever did. FAR more.

And yet somehow the mods never stepped in and said to cut that shit out even though it was somehow happening far more often?

thinking-face.png

Kaladin

Jericho/Owens is a blood feud and you want to put them in a ladder match with the big Show?

My only other option would be Jinder and Rusev. I'd rather have Big Show after last night, plus he'd be tied up with Strowman and you'd get plenty of KO vs Jericho in that match. No need to blow off a blood feud first time doing it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And yet somehow the mods never stepped in and said to cut that shit out even though it was somehow happening far more often?

thinking-face.png

Because no one took it as some personal insult until ti was Kevin Owens, their fave, which they then needed to step in and beg the mods to make them stop making fun of their favor- i mean to stop making fun of wrestlers

Sephzilla

Because no one took it as some personal insult until ti was Kevin Owens, their fave, which they then needed to step in and beg the mods to make them stop making fun of their favor- i mean to stop making fun of wrestlers

SureJan.gif

The KO stuff was disgusting and insulting, and it went on way more frequently an any of the Big Show stuff ever did. Also, it was mostly pushed by a handful of people who thankfully no longer post in this thread who mostly just tried to get a rise out of people.

I don't care about age as much as I care about part-timers. I feel like WWE relies too much on their part timer legend contracts.

Yep.

Batista, HHH, Undertaker, Rock, Brock, Goldberg, Jericho, and now Cena are basically proof that your WWE career is way better off if you go the part timer route.

Foggy

Funny that's what you take out of it rather than 'gee willikers we almost have some sort of inferiority complex that makes us completely ignorant to the fact that we're so predisposed to hate the people we have deemed 'not good' that we'll ream them with comments and romanshirtless.gifs and jump on the sword to defend our favorites while proclaiming it some sort of act of borderline offensive rather than just being bad and accepting it'

Cool your jets, I'm just talking about people who take a concerted interest in dumping on fat people.

You know, when my 8 year old resorts to "but <her sister> did it too!", I call her out on her shit because not only is it unrelated, it's juvenile fallacy that absolves her of responsibility.

So, let me ask: what point are you trying to drive at here? Are we saying poking fun at one person is okay because we, as a hive mind, did so for others?

shanafan

Maybe I don't know, we should stop making fun of people weight?

Probably not. Gotta be negative over anything around here.

Did you see Rusev's haircut? Oh dear, how terrible was that. Did you see Roman's boots? Oh dear, how terrible was that. Did you see the poop emoji on Enzo's pants? Oh dear, how terrible was that. Did you hear Michael Cole's mic cut out for a moment? Oh dear, how terrible was that. Did you see Karl Anderson have the belt on backwards? Oh dear, how terrible was that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
we're also apparently very ok with accusing wrestlers of steroids even when there's no proof of said individual using steroids

Kaladin

Friend, you have a twisted memory of this. The mods stepped in because the Kevin Owens is fat jokes became so frequent it made the thread unreadable at times. Big Show is fat jokes never got that bad or even close. It didn't have to do with who the wrestler was or anything of that nature. It was done to the point of absurdity.

My only other option would be Jinder and Rusev. I'd rather have Big Show after last night, plus he'd be tied up with Strowman and you'd get plenty of KO vs Jericho in that match. No need to blow off a blood feud first time doing it.

It's Mania... Now is the best time to blow a blood feud especially with Jericho and the epilogue at Payback... You can't extend Jericho/Owens till Summerslam because Jericho is gone for a huge chunk of that.

Tagyhag

One of my biggest gripes with WWE wrestling are inconsistent rules and referees.

Yes, Charlotte's PPV streak should end, but why not fully end it at Wrestlemania? Why in the holy mother of fuck was last night not a DQ? If Dana Brooke attacked Bayley that wouldn't have been a DQ?

Heroman

Banned
Probably not. Gotta be negative over anything around here.

Did you see Rusev's haircut? Oh dear, how terrible was that. Did you see Roman's boots? Oh dear, how terrible was that. Did you see the poop emoji on Enzo's pants? Oh dear, how terrible was that. Did you hear Michael Cole's mic cut out for a moment? Oh dear, how terrible was that. Did you see Karl Anderson have the belt on backwards? Oh dear, how terrible was that.
I agree but The poop emoji on ezno pants is legit terrible.

Years on and we're apparently still incapable of understanding that it was the volume of posts about Owens' weight that was the issue - it had got to the point where you couldn't mention Owens without the same few idiots piping up with the same tired jokes and repetitive criticisms. Shit was pathetic.

shanafan

One of my biggest gripes with WWE wrestling are inconsistent rules and referees.

Yes, Charlotte's PPV streak should end, but why not fully end it at Wrestlemania? Why in the holy mother of fuck was last night not a DQ? If Dana Brooke attacked Bayley that wouldn't have been a DQ?

I think that may build into Foley/Stephanie tonight. Doesn't make sense why the DQ wasn't called.

SureJan.gif

The KO stuff was disgusting and insulting, and it went on way more frequently an any of the Big Show stuff ever did. Also, it was mostly pushed by a handful of people who thankfully no longer post in this thread who mostly just tried to get a rise out of people.

Yep.

Batista, HHH, Undertaker, Rock, Brock, Goldberg, Jericho, and now Cena are basically proof that your WWE career is way better off if you go the part timer route.

To be fair Jericho was not really a part timer this year...

As for weight we still get people making lol KO is fat jokes...

I wonder if the decision will be reversed tonight.

Sephzilla

Years on and we're apparently still incapable of understanding that it was the volume of posts about Owens' weight that was the issue - it had got to the point where you couldn't mention Owens without the same few idiots piping up with the same tired jokes and repetitive criticisms. Shit was pathetic.

Yep. Just like how for a while you couldn't mention CM Punk without someone immediately posting the gif of him not lifting the steel steps or mentioning Daniel Bryan without the gif of him corpsing in the neck brace.

Only wrestler I take the piss for roids is Jinder, as it is so damn obvious.

And Vince, because Vince dodges steroid questions like he's an agent in the fucking Matrix

Kaladin

It's Mania... Now is the best time to blow a blood feud especially with Jericho and the epilogue at Payback... You can't extend Jericho/Owens till Summerslam because Jericho is gone for a huge chunk of that.

See, I think you can have Jericho leave after KO does something screwy to win at Payback that causes him to win the US title after Jericho successfully defends at Mania, then he can be gone selling whatever injury KO gave him till he comes back to find KO a dominant US Champion without him setting up a rematch for the US title at Summerslam.

Kaladin

No, it's really just Data West at this point who is incapable of understanding.

Mahonay

Banned
Ok - his overweight kid?

What do you want here? It's a description of a heavy kid. Sure I was little bit unkind but you know what, if goldbergs kid has a problem with it, I'll apologize sincerely and immediately.
Full apology will be accepted by letting Goldberg's kid go over you in 22 seconds.

I think that may build into Foley/Stephanie tonight. Doesn't make sense why the DQ wasn't called.

Technically Charlotte attacked Banks and she never got a shot in, technically sort of. I mean it'll probably get overturned tomorrow anyway by Steph as part of fire Foley, but distractions are for whatever reason allowed as long as there isn't direct intentional contact and Charlotte charged Banks and Banks never landed a shot.

What a garbage tier PPV, holy shit. Even with skipping a bunch of matches and just catching finishes I couldn't help but think "this is trash".

Some on Reddit put it perfectly: It was as if WCW as back last night

Actually thinking back on it:

Goldberg won decisively,
a shoehorned angle cast an unnecessary cloud over a PPV main event instead of staying on TV where it belonged,
a tall guy with long hair used 3 moves to win a match against a taller and more entertaining giant damaging the giants specialness for no gain,
and the Cruiserweights put on the best match of the night by a hilariously wide margin.

So yeah, 1998 WCW down to even the W

Top Bottom