• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Mahonay, missed you dude. Welcome back

Ok - his overweight kid?

What do you want here? It's a description of a heavy kid. Sure I was little bit unkind but you know what, if goldbergs kid has a problem with it, I'll apologize sincerely and immediately.

Why was it important for you to point out he was heavy? Would your point have been lost if the words "fat ass" were not included?

See, I think you can have Jericho leave after KO does something screwy to win at Payback that causes him to win the US title after Jericho successfully defends at Mania, then he can be gone selling whatever injury KO gave him till he comes back to find KO a dominant US Champion without him setting up a rematch for the US title at Summerslam.

This completely with all due respect kills the months of story building and the blood feud levels reached from FoF and tonight. Doesn't matter Jericho/Owens is going to be a one on one match so I'm now just arguing hypotheticals.

Owens also needs to beat Jericho clean either at Mania or at Payback or both, especially after the Goldberg squash.

Mahonay, missed you dude. Welcome back

Why was it important for you to point out he was heavy? Would your point have been lost if the words "fat ass" were not included?

I feel it did need pointing out that it required more effort than usual to lift a heavier kid than usual.

I could have used 'less unkind' words but...... why is this becoming a massive deal? a handful of guys on an internet forum. It's about the same impact as throwing a rock into the ocean. It means nothing.

Sephzilla

I think it's a little acceptable to raise questions about wrestlers potentially being on steroids considering WWE's history with steroid allegations and its lax steroid/wellness program that doesn't even cover part time wrestlers (aka all of the talent that will be in the big matches at WrestleMania). And the fact that the 71 year old owner of the company is more jacked than some of the talent.

Kaladin

This completely with all due respect kills the months of story building and the blood feud levels reached from FoF and tonight. Doesn't matter Jericho/Owens is going to be a one on one match so I'm now just arguing hypotheticals.

Owens also needs to beat Jericho clean either at Mania or at Payback or both, especially after the Goldberg squash.

I can give you that. I guess you can go either way with this, do a short blood feud or stretch it out for a longer feud. KO does need some momentum back after Goldberg though.

It's probably been mentioned before in the thread, but if you have some spare time you should check out Lapsed Fan's Life and Death tour of the AWA. What a tragic story

Mahonay

Banned
I think it's a little more acceptable to raise questions about wrestlers potentially being on steroids considering WWE's history with steroid allegations and its extremely lax steroid program.

And the fact that the 71 year old owner of the company is more jacked than some of the talent.
tumblr_o0gpihPhAf1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Zach

I feel it did need pointing out that it required more effort than usual to lift a heavier kid than usual.

I could have used 'less unkind' words but...... why is this becoming a massive deal? a handful of guys on an internet forum. It's about the same impact as throwing a rock into the ocean. It means nothing.

Why does it matter if I call you a cunt when you're being a cunt? It's the same impact as throwing a rock into the ocean. It means nothing.

Such wisdom.

Why does it matter if I call you a cunt when you're being a cunt? It's the same impact as throwing a rock into the ocean. It means nothing.

Such wisdom.

Exactly. It means nothing. I read the words. They entered my brain.

I wiped away the tears

And we move on

Beefy

So Steph is going to moan about:

Sasha grabbing the rope when pinning Nia.
Sasha disrupting the Bayley vs Charlotte match
Jericho costing Owens
How he booked the random shit Jinder and Rusev matches
Enzo having his foot on the ropes

And Bruan hurting himself on the ring posts like 8 times?

Bayley on Raw Talk not even caring that she once again didn't get a clean win was just...urgh. She could have easily went 'I'm upset I won that way' but she seemed pretty okay with it. Booker should have been on Raw Talk to call her ass out again.

Becky confirmed best babyface once again.

Sami over sells no?

I mean every shot he looks like hes dead and loopy. Its not a good look for him all the time.

I mean if he and Ziggler wrestled, they would be flopping around the ring like fish.
Actually since you guys love Sami so much, and I have never understood why, can you let me know what the difference is between them?

Mahonay

Banned
Sami over sells no?

I mean every shot he looks like hes dead and loopy. Its not a good look for him all the time.

I mean if he and Ziggler wrestled, they would be flopping around the ring like fish.
Actually since you guys love Sami so much, and I have never understood why, can you let me know what the difference is between them?
I personally thought me made Joe look great.

shanafan

Jericho costing Owens
How he booked the ransom shit Jinder and Rusev matches

Enzo's foot won't be addressed, and I doubt Rusev/Jinder as well.

Sami over sells no?

Spirit Squad?

Sephzilla

Sami over sells no?

Zayn actually has proper ring psychology and knows the right times to over-sell. Additionally he has a better sense of when to bust out big moves and when to tone things down. Ziggler, on the other hand, over sells everything and all of his "big matches" are him devolving into a spot monkey who basically does finisher spam.

Bayley on Raw Talk not even caring that she once again didn't get a clean win was just...urgh. She could have easily went 'I'm upset I won that way' but she seemed pretty okay with it. Booker should have been on Raw Talk to call her ass out again.

Becky confirmed best babyface once again.
Vince doesn't like his Raw talent getting exposed and called out.

Third time lucky?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6P6UYjWAAAm_QL.jpg:small[/IM

If it does happen, 0% chance it's On Demand/iPPV/FloSlam[/QUOTE]

Its advertised as being on iPPV. Either they haven't checked with WWE or WWE is backing off the restrictions on their guys. It doesn't seem like they're doing much with building up a UK show right now.

Zayn actually has proper ring psychology and knows the right times to over-sell. Additionally he has a better sense of when to bust out big moves and when to tone things down. Ziggler, on the other hand, over sells everything and all of his "big matches" are him devolving into a spot monkey who basically does finisher spam.

There was a time when he could have filled the HBK void. Seriously I think on paper he's got what it takes.

He's just missing that 'thing'. Whatever it is.

I can give you that. I guess you can go either way with this, do a short blood feud or stretch it out for a longer feud. KO does need some momentum back after Goldberg though.

I mean the Jericho/Owens story has been going full on since August with build dating back to after Mania... so I don't think of the story as short... and I think stretching it out with Jericho off screen for months would kill it.

What you can do is have Owens at Payback utterly kill Jericho kaybfabe taking him out for months (we'll pretend he isn't touring with Fozzy lol) so that ends that story but then Jericho can come back and we can start essentially Book 2.

This current story needs to finish before Jericho leaves though, cat have it just dangling there until Summerslam.

Sephzilla

There was a time when he could have filled the HBK void. Seriously I think on paper he's got what it takes.

He's just missing that 'thing'. Whatever it is.

I'm totally with you. For a while (like back in 2012-2013) i thought he could totally be the nu HBK. I think the problem is that Ziggler himself heard that and let it go to his head - which is why Ziggler simply became a wannabe HBK.

I'm totally with you. For a while (like back in 2012-2013) i thought he could totally be the nu HBK. I think the problem is that Ziggler himself heard that and let it go to his head - which is why Ziggler simply became a wannabe HBK.

Another one is Tyler Breeze. His gimmick was brilliant when he debuted and he's actually a really decent wrestler.

I know I'm probably alone with that but given the right booking (lol I know) he could be a great heel.

Kaladin

I think HBK himself even addressed that recently.

Mahonay's back!

Vince doesn't like his Raw talent getting exposed and called out.
Booker destroyed her when she was on Raw Talk. Completely ruthless with calling out how bad the promo she delivered was.

Sami over sells no?

Sami isn't pure trash.

Jericho costing Owens
How he booked the random shit Jinder and Rusev matches

Sash grabbed the rope after the 3 count to pull herself up... maybe it was supposed to be a cheat win but it didn't happen that way so hopefully that's not part of the story.

Sephzilla

Another one is Tyler Breeze. His gimmick was brilliant when he debuted and he's actually a really decent wrestler.

I know I'm probably alone with that but given the right booking (lol I know) he could be a great heel.

Tyler Breeze with proper booking would basically be a fantastic mid-card heel in the same vein as someone like Honkey Tonk Man or present day Miz is.

I think HBK himself even addressed that recently.

I think it was one of the Stone Cold podcasts on WWE Network. HBK straight up called Ziggler out for being a knock off.

Sash grabbed the rope after the 3 count to pull herself up... maybe it was supposed to be a cheat win but it didn't happen that way so hopefully that's not part of the story.
I think it kind of would have worked better if she did grab the rope. Subtle foreshadowing for her maybe adopting heel tactics in the future and it doesn't make Nia look like a goof of a monster for losing to a roll up on a PPV where Strowman had to take two spears to be pinned.

Breeze is great. Breezango should be getting a push.

Tyler Breeze with proper booking would basically be a fantastic mid-card heel in the same vein as someone like Honkey Tonk Man or present day Miz is.

I honestly can't think of a wrestler in WWE right now I'd like to see more as a heel. Apparently Vince likes him so I can always hope.

Kaladin

He's already bouncing back somewhat with the Breezango tag team on Smackdown. It's very low level stuff, but it's not bottom of the barrel like he was pre- brand split.

I think it was one of the Stone Cold podcasts on WWE Network. HBK straight up called Ziggler out for being a knock off.

I remember it now, that was one of the more memorable moments of that podcast.

Top Bottom