• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Mahonay

Banned
That big surprise that was going to make fans happy for Mania that Dave and Bryan were excited about a month ago? Was Joe/Cena happening at Mania. Was planned, then got scrapped for the mixed tag match with Cena and Nikki
I mean the mixed tag should be OK.

Mania plans get scrapped/changed constantly, every year. Not worth getting too riled up about.

Skimming through the NJPW show up to the main event

This Suzuki Gun jobber with the mask and lady accompanying him to the ring is killing me

The microphone on a pole to "sing" his song

(ohhhh shit I forgot about ZSJ v Shibata. Sabre walking out right now)

Oh dear lord, I think this might be the worst spine buster I've ever seen:

ForsakenPeskyFoxterrier-size_restricted.gif

As a Total Divas fan having to watch so many seasons of Nikki Bella's depressing that John Cena won't propose, I'd mark out if Cena actually did somehow propose to Nikki.

But as a Total Divas fans, I also know it's never happening.

klonere

Banned
My favorite Brakkus story is that he had to ask Savio Vega before his Brawl For All match if it was really a shoot.

What a guy.

Lol. The all-time great, BRAKKUS.
Dr. Death and BRAKKUS were going to lead wwf to victory over wcw. wCw is lucky that things didn't go as planned or else they wouldn't have saw 2000. BRAKKUS is a future hof'er even more so than Rock or Taker. Talk about sheer brilliance.

That ZSJ/Shibata match, god damn. Ending was "wtf" at first but I ended up digging it

The reversals in that match were ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as ZSJ's entrance music

That ZSJ/Shibata match, god damn. Ending was "wtf" at first but I ended up digging it

The reversals in that match were ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as ZSJ's entrance music

I hated it when I thought it was just a NJ Cup build up but then I loved it when it was much more. It was nice to see Suzuki-gun pick up a new star

Nothing too crazy this week

Goldberg clearly didn’t need any help defeating Universal Champion Kevin Owens last night at WWE Fastlane, but he nevertheless received an assist from The Prizefighter’s jilted best friend, Chris Jericho, who distracted Owens and left the champion vulnerable to a swift Spear and Jackhammer that signaled the end of his title reign.

In that instant, Goldberg made his anticipated rematch with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania a Universal Championship Match, bolstering The Beast Incarnate’s desire to defeat the iconic Superstar on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

A hotly anticipated rematch just got even better. We’ll hear from the new Universal Champion tonight

During a tense confrontation with Triple H on Raw this past Monday night, Seth Rollins affirmed that he will be at WrestleMania. However, it remains unclear as to whether the injured Architect is ready to get back into the ring.

Rollins is clearly still suffering from the injury to his right knee, sustained when Samoa Joe ambushed the former WWE Champion — an assault masterminded by The Cerebral Assassin himself. Eager for retribution against both The Game and The Destroyer, Rollins is working harder than ever to get back into fighting shape.

We’ll get an in-depth, exclusive look at Rollins’ rehabilitation tonight on Raw, giving new insight into what lies ahead for “The Man” at The Showcase of the Immortals.

Even though he’s been utterly victimized by Braun Strowman in recent weeks, Roman Reigns soundly defeated The Monster Among Men last night at WWE Fastlane, becoming the first Superstar to conquer the behemoth via pinfall.

Strowman is no doubt fuming following this defeat, and will be on the warpath tonight on Raw in The Windy City. Will Reigns cross paths with this rampaging

Raw Women’s Champion Bayley might have snapped Charlotte Flair’s pay-per-view undefeated streak at WWE Fastlane, but she didn’t necessarily do it alone. As was the case on Feb. 13, when The Huggable One pinned The Queen to begin her title reign, The Boss ultimately helped tip the scales in the lovable Superstar’s favor.

In light of the circumstances of that victory, Bayley’s Road to WrestleMania might be bumpier than anticipated. Expect tensions to rise in the Team Red Women’s division tonight.

Don’t miss any

Gurrry

The more I think about last night the more I realize how shitty it really was.

Build up Nia as a monster.... have her get rolled up EZ by Sasha.

Build up Braun as a monaster.... get Roman Reigns'ed.

Build up Charlotte's PPV streak.... lol Bayley wins.

Build up KO for 6 months as a champion... give the championship to a part timer who cant go for more than a minute in ring.

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?

The more I think about last night the more I realize how shitty it really was.

Build up Nia as a monster.... have her get rolled up EZ by Sasha.

Build up Braun as a monaster.... get Roman Reigns'ed.

Build up Charlotte's PPV streak.... lol Bayley wins.

Build up KO for 6 months as a champion... give the championship to a part timer who cant go for more than a minute in ring.

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?
Their problem is they start things with no idea of how they end

Then when they get "streaks" they play into them because it's the easy storyline and makes booking easy

Then they realize they still have nowhere to go with them and the streaks are getting in the way of other ideas

Idiots

Gurrry

Their problem is they start things with no idea of how they end

Then when they get "streaks" they play into them because it's the easy storyline and makes booking easy

Then they realize they still have nowhere to go with them and the streaks are getting in the way of other ideas

Idiots

Totally true. I feel like every streak they build (maybe other than Taker's) are completely unintentional.

I really didnt care about Charlottes streak, but the Braun and Nia thing is inexcusable. They finally built up 2 people who looked like complete bad asses, and they threw that all away. Especially with Braun.

Little did we know that Roman was Braun all along.

Kaladin

We all know KO was a placeholder champ till Finn Balor came back. Nobody knew how awesome KO / Jericho would be when that started......and I don't think anyone knew about Goldberg.

Raw64life

Imagine yourself from 2 years ago being told "the main event of WM 2 years from now will be Bill Goldberg vs. Lesnar for a new Universal Championship they made up".

As a Total Divas fan having to watch so many seasons of Nikki Bella's depressing that John Cena won't propose, I'd mark out if Cena actually did somehow propose to Nikki.

But as a Total Divas fans, I also know it's never happening.

It's still within the realm of possibility that this sets up the ultimate heel turn for Cena. She proposes, and he hems and jaws until the Raw after Mania. They stall until 10:50, and then Cena turns her down. Nikki then forms the Anti-Cena Ensemble with all the mooks on Raw, and there's your feud up to SummerSlam.

Ithil

Totally true. I feel like every streak they build (maybe other than Taker's) are completely unintentional.

I really didnt care about Charlottes streak, but the Braun and Nia thing is inexcusable. They finally built up 2 people who looked like complete bad asses, and they threw that all away. Especially with Braun.

Little did we know that Roman was Braun all along.

Undertaker's was also unintentional, they didn't plan it or anything. They just noticed when he was around 9-0 or 10-0 that hey, he's never lost, then a few years later it finally became a thing for someone to try and break that streak. I think Orton was the first explicitly built around trying to break it as the storyline.

It's still within the realm of possibility that this sets up the ultimate heel turn for Cena. She proposes, and he hems and jaws until the Raw after Mania. They stall until 10:50, and then Cena turns her down. Nikki then forms the Anti-Cena Ensemble with all the mooks on Raw, and there's your feud up to SummerSlam.

I think Cena should get down on one knee and then Miz kicks his head off for amazing heel heat

Tall4Life

That Angle AMA on Wreddit really killed some kayfabe

for example the "milk" he used when milkomania was running wild was actually just water with white food coloring...

Kaladin

for example the "milk" he used when milkomania was running wild was actually just water with white food coloring...

I think we already knew that.

A) That's either water or very thin milk.

B) Why waste that much milk?

LDDD8B.gif

Next thing we're gonna find out that DX didn't actually drop shit on the McMahons

I think we already knew that.

A) That's either water or very thin milk.

B) Why waste that much milk?

LDDD8B.gif

Also Milk sours really quickly, it'd be disgusting to wash out

Tom Nook

After Fastline, Speculative Wrestlemania card:

WWE Universal Championship: Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar; Gotta get his win after jobbing.

WWE Championship: Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton; I want Bray to Keep belt but it's WWE....

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins; Same reason as above.

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon;

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns; Gotta keep Roman Strong.

United States Championship: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Raw Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse; Don't Care.

SmackDown Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch

SmackDown Tag Team Championships: American Alpha (c) vs. The Usos; Gotta keep Roman happy.

Top Bottom