• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Ithil

The Rock's instagram

T50MLHy.png

That's a badass picture

Must be a little strange to meet a Samoan wrestler he's not related to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DDP also propped up WCW during the dying days when they barely had any stars left.

it was pretty much just him and steiner and sleepy nash with booker and jarrett below them. sting was too busy always being injured and hogan was gone.

Sephzilla

I know it's opinions and all and I don't want to rip on you too much Heroman, because you're good people. But how in the world can you honestly tell me that Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit deserve to be in the Hall of Fame before Sting?

Must be a little strange to meet a Samoan wrestler he's not related to.
Vince probably has some world class extensive ancestry dna going on right now to really determine if they're related or not. That way he'll know whether to push him to the moon or destroy the destroyer.

DDP also propped up WCW during the dying days when they barely had any stars left.

it was pretty much just him and steiner and sleepy nash with booker and jarrett below them. sting was too busy always being injured and hogan was gone.

But what about when they threw the title at Benoit to keep him from leaving because Sullivan had the pencil and then he left anyway? That was definitely a HOF moment of Benoit in WCW.

Heroman

Banned
A racist and a murderer, but not DDP.

Wait Benoit over Sting and DDP?

Even if Benoit wasn't you know a murderer his accomplishments pale in comparison to both Sting and DPP. As does Eddie's for that matter unless your measurement is WCW stars who accomplished stuff in WWF only.

Also you know WCW existed before 1997 eh?
Eddie and Benoit had success all over the world while DDP didn't and Benoit is probably one of greatest in ring talent that has ever been the in the ring and Benoit main evented mania which is more than anything that sting or DPP did.

Here my thing about any Hall of Fame. Is that I don't look at character or the person history when it comes to that cause if I did then a lot of people wouldn't be in Hall of Fame.

Sephzilla

See, here's where I potentially cut people off. I don't think Luger is a Hall of Famer. Most of his career he was a vacuum of personality, he was limited in the ring, his mic work wasn't that great, and his WWE run sucked. He did have a little run of brilliance in WCW though.

Plus, isn't he mostly responsible for Miss Elizabeth's death?

Who's Benoit?

Back in the day the "Vacant" wrestler in WWE games had a name

yNlOFlm.gif

DDP is honestly one of wrestling's coolest stories...

A manager who became a wrestler at a relatively old age going on to become literally their second biggest baby face against the nWo, being the first guy to actually do damage to them and then becoming a world champion (and then multiple time) for the first time in his 40s.

He also won every title there was to win in his weight class in WCW becoming on their 4th Triple Crown...

All starting at the age of 35.

Recall

I've began watching the 1992 G1 Climax, it's WCW vs NJPW for the vacant NWA World Heavyweight Title. The matches that feature WCW vs WCW guys are so weird, they don't wrestle like they are trying to win they wrestle like they are trying to elicate a typical face/heel reaction and are genuinely struggling to adapt.

Rude is over though and the Japanese crowd love his intro routine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've began watching the 1992 G1 Climax, it's WCW vs NJPW for the vacant NWA World Heavyweight Title. The matches that feature WCW vs WCW guys are so weird, they don't wrestle like they are trying to win they wrestle like they are trying to elicate a typical face/heel reaction and are genuinely struggling to adapt.

Rude is over though and the Japanese crowd love his intro routine.

Did you see Rude's tights with the geisha on his crotch? Great heel heat

Beefy

See, here's where I potentially cut people off. I don't think Luger is a Hall of Famer. Most of his career he was a vacuum of personality, he was limited in the ring, his mic work wasn't that great, and his WWE run sucked. He did have a little run of brilliance in WCW though.

Back in the day the "Vacant" wrestler in WWE games had a name

yNlOFlm.gif

Man that gif is still good.

Tom Nook

Would be awesome if he's around to say this. :(
What I'd like to have right now is for all you fat, out of shape, Orlando sweathogs to keep the noise down while I take my robe off and show all the ladies what a real man is supposed to look like.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Carlos Colon is in the HOF so

Eddie and Benoit had success all over the world while DDP didn't and Benoit is probably one of greatest in ring talent that has ever been the in the ring and Benoit main evented mania which is more than anything that sting or DPP did.

Here my thing about any Hall of Fame. Is that I don't look at character or the person history when it comes to that cause if I did then a lot of people wouldn't be in Hall of Fame.

I like to draw the line at murdered his wife and kids....

DDP and Sting has more success in WCW than Benoit and Geurrero had in WWE and WCW combined.

Mauro after the fans boo Reigns' win over Taker: "Mama mia listen to these crowd reactions, this loser old man is taking too long to get out of the Big Dog's yard"

tbh I wasn't even that big of a fan of DDP at his height, but he was one of the top guys in the sport during the most popular era in wrestling history. He's a no brainer Hall of Famer.

I like to draw the line at murdered his wife and kids....

DDP and Sting has more success in WCW than Benoit and Geurrero had in WWE and WCW combined.

I'm not defending his actions, but wasn't there a medical study that his brain was just gone? Part of me feels like WWE doesn't acknolwedge more because they don't want to be tied to brain injuries.

Sephzilla

I'm not defending his actions, but wasn't there a medical study that his brain was just gone? Part of me feels like WWE doesn't acknolwedge more because they don't want to be tied to brain injuries.

Yeah, from what I remember Benoit's autopsy basically said he had the brain of a 70 year old dementia patient. I feel like calling Benoit a murder isn't entirely fair, what he did was awful but he was a victim of mental health problems. He wasn't right in the head at all when that went down. WWE would probably prefer you to remember him purely as a murderer because it gets them off the hook a little.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, from what I remember Benoit's autopsy basically said he had the brain of a 70 year old dementia patient. I feel like calling Benoit a murder isn't entirely fair, what he did was awful but he was a victim of mental health problems. He wasn't right in the head at all when that went down.
Wasn't there evidence that it was premeditated?

How much of a bummer is it that they couldn't get Rick to induct Curt and they can't get Curt to induct Rick?

Abe using a hat to conceal that he was a vanilla midget. SMH.
He could work though. He could even shoot.

John Wilkes Booth is a jabroni mark who worked himself into a shoot though.

Yeah, from what I remember Benoit's autopsy basically said he had the brain of a 70 year old dementia patient. I feel like calling Benoit a murder isn't entirely fair, what he did was awful but he was a victim of mental health problems. He wasn't right in the head at all when that went down. WWE would probably prefer you to remember him purely as a murderer because it gets them off the hook a little.
I think in the TIj episode with Nancy's sister or maybe before I think Doctors were like, he didn't have much time left. Of course Doctors are always wrong but I think it was something like 2 years maybe. It's crazy how everything happened.

Benoit shouldn't be in the hall of fame. He's a murderer plain and simple. You can say he didn't mean it or talk about his mental health, but he killed two people, and knew what he did was terrible so he took his own life. Great pro wrestler, but a pretty shitty person.

Top Bottom