• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

jmdajr

2017-03-06-cena-promo.jpg

Heroman

Banned
Sting has been a borderline hallnof famer to me I keen towards the side of no

I like to draw the line at murdered his wife and kids....

DDP and Sting has more success in WCW than Benoit and Geurrero had in WWE and WCW combined.
What? Eddie and Benoit had success all over the world so did Sting. Ddp only success was only in the WCW

Sephzilla

If Heyman doesn't get into the Hall of Fame before Vince dies, he isn't getting in. Stephanie hates him.

It's disgusting that Smith Hart was going to put him untrained in a match just to sell tickets.

Bret has some fucked up shitty family members.

I honestly think Bret and Owen were the only two decent people to come from that family. The rest of that family sounds fucked up.

What? Eddie and Benoit had success all over the world so did Sting. Ddp only success was only in the WCW

Where he was their #2 face during the biggest wrestling boom period and would have been even bigger if WCW wasn't such a fucked up company,

Also no shit DDP's success was limited to WCW he only started wrestling at age 35...for WCW And yet he still managed more world title wins than either Eddie or Benoit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

What? Eddie and Benoit had success all over the world so did Sting. Ddp only success was only in the WWE

Eddie and Benoit were one time world champions in ONE company

DDP was a 3 time world champion in one of the two biggest companies in the world and the main antagonist of a 12.5 million dollar movie, a supporting character in a 19.5 million dollar movie, and involved in a major celebrity angle with Dennis Rodman, Hulk Hogan and Karl Malone

are you basing success off how many 5 snowflake matches they got or something?

Stone Cold already said Benoit should never be in the HOF. He has spoken.

Like there's no debate about that Benoit will never and should never be in the Hall of Fame.

WWE would have absolutely been within their rights (morally) to completely cut every minute of his footage too.

Caderfix

It's sad, as the guy really was talented and all, but, honestly, the WWE is right in "erasing" Benoit. And they should do the same with many others, even if the person is one of the biggest ever, like Hogan.

Apparently Benoit was violent towards his wife throughout their marriage. Not as clear-cut as "he had a fucked up brain and went crazy outta nowhere".

jmdajr

Since the Benoit tragedy I haven't watched a single match he is in.

I remember being literally traumatized by the whole thing. I didn't think it could affect me so much but I couldn't sleep for weeks. I was physically and mentally ill.

I know fucked up shit happens everyday but not all of it affects me.

Hell that was like the last real tribute show. Even that had an effect.

Sephzilla

I'm pretty sure I haven't watched a Benoit match since that happened either.

The tribute show was awkward as fuck because you could really tell that at some point during the show they found out it was a murder

Beefy

I remember being literally traumatized by the whole thing. I didn't think it could affect me so much but I couldn't sleep for weeks. I was physically and mentally ill.

How he killed his son messed me up the most.

I'll watch Benoit matches if I'm watching a full show. Never do I watch his individual matches. Which sucks because he has some great, great matches. Royal Rumble 2003 vs Kurt Angle is one of the most underrated matches ever.

Apparently Benoit was violent towards his wife throughout their marriage. Not as clear-cut as "he had a fucked up brain and went crazy outta nowhere".
I've seen stories with people talking about Benoit was 'off' years before he did what he did/was weird all along (I wanna say in one of Jericho's books, but it's been ages since I read that).

Sephzilla

What sucks about the Benoit stuff is that WWE can't even acknowledge some of the best matches of other people's careers because Benoit was usually involved with them. Hell, Eddie Guerrero's WWE career as a whole is swiss cheese because of it

I haven't watched any of his matches either, I just feel uncomfortable. All I can think about is what he did.

What sucks about the Benoit stuff is that WWE can't even acknowledge some of the best matches of other people's careers because Benoit was usually involved with them. Hell, Eddie Guerrero's WWE career as a whole is swiss cheese because of it
Same with Angle, I wanted to watch some good Angle matches but so many involve Benoit.

Heroman

Banned
Eddie and Benoit were one time world champions in ONE company

DDP was a 3 time world champion in one of the two biggest companies in the world and the main antagonist of a 12.5 million dollar movie, a supporting character in a 19.5 million dollar movie, and involved in a major celebrity angle with Dennis Rodman, Hulk Hogan and Karl Malone

are you basing success off how many 5 snowflake matches they got or something?

DDP was a transitional Champion for all of his regins holding them for a few days hell his longest championship regin is 15 days and using WCW Tyler Rains as a reason for why someone should be a Hall of Famer is meaningless cuz like Jeff Jarrett is like a four-time champion. What does being involved in low budget movies have to do with being in the hall of Fame.

Mizerman

I still watch his matches from time to time, but I'll always feel awkward to see anything Benoit related.

Zach

Gotta couple of babies on our hands here.

jkjkjk

But seriously, I've watched sooooo much Benoit over the last few years. Some of his WWE stuff weirds me out a bit. I'm at the PPV before the craziness goes down in my chrono-journey. I should probably watch the tribute RAW on YouTube (I'm assuming it's not on the Network... I hope it's not on the Network...).

Heroman

Banned

I did a research on the Benoit tragedy a few semester ago for psychology and basically watched his whole career and read a ton of stuff on him. It made me see how good he was but also made see how much of a monster he became in the last few days.

Beefy

Gotta couple of babies on our hands here.

jkjkjk

But seriously, I've watched sooooo much Benoit over the last few years. Some of his WWE stuff weirds me out a bit. I'm at the PPV before the craziness goes down in my chrono-journey. I should probably watch the tribute RAW on YouTube (I'm assuming it's not on the Network... I hope it's not on the Network...).

I couldn't watch him do the crossface.

How Meltzer didn't give this five stars I will never know. I thought it was five stars watching it live and every time since.
Well it's all subjective, it's definitely a 5 star match to me and I only saw it for the first time like a year or two ago. Instantly loved it.

jmdajr

Still don't even know how the tribute show happened. I mean, I feel like someone should have told Vince...

"Hey, this is a bad idea."

Easy to say now in hindsight.

I went to the Live PPV where he didn't show up.

Steamboat's inducting Rude?

Would have preferred the Dangerous Alliance inducted him.

Still don't even know how the tribute show happened. I mean, I feel like someone should have told Vince...

"Hey, this is a bad idea."

Easy to say now in hindsight.

Meltz said top people in the wwf knew what happened too.
I guess they were afraid to tell Vince in case it turned out to be bad info? It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I have no problem watching Benny's matches. The only thing that's eye opening is when you listen to commentary and some of these things they say about him.

jmdajr

Steamboat's inducting Rude?

Would have preferred the Dangerous Alliance inducted him.

Meltz said top people in the wwf knew what happened too.
I guess they were afraid to tell Vince in case it turned out to be bad info? It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Wonder how mad Vince was after. I mean he looked like a total fucking idiot. Guess you can't blame him for scrapping the whole history.

Top Bottom