• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

jmdajr

I think they should strongly consider doing a champions v. champions match with the tag teams. I don't think they're doing themselves any favors adding matches to the card just so they can say that title was defended.

It's not official but I agree there needs to be a lot of consolidating. Hell last year the show even went over by like half an hour.

Kaladin

Thinking back, 17 year old me in 1998 would have been mind blown if you had said that 19 years from now, WCW's champion Goldberg would headline Wrestlemania defending WWE's flagship title.

Pikma

Banned
I'm looking forward to Owens vs Jericho, Neville vs Aries and Orton vs Bryatt

Couldn't care less about everything else

cordy

Banned
My darkest fear is that The New Day is only hosting WM so they can bring out Hogan and accept his "apology" on behalf of all black people.

I like to think I'm being irrational and that not even WWE is that tone deaf. And yet I can't shake the feeling.

Nah man, I thought the same the minute I read that they'd be hosts. I'm dreading that. I refuse to watch anything Hogan related. I'll never not be pissed at that him.

Sephzilla

If you told 14 yr old me, Taker would still be wrestling in 2017 I would have slapped you.

I actually would have believed this. Why? Because when I was 14 years old Ric Flair was still fucking wrestling and it felt like he was around for god damn ever even back then

Beefy

My darkest fear is that The New Day is only hosting WM so they can bring out Hogan and accept his "apology" on behalf of all black people.

I like to think I'm being irrational and that not even WWE is that tone deaf. And yet I can't shake the feeling.

Ergh fuck that. I would have to turn WM off.

jmdajr

14 year old me would think 2017 would be like 100 years from now. I wouldn't be able to comprehend something so far off in the future.

"Fuuuuuuu. So the Undertaker isn't really a gimmick!"

Auraela

Banned
so i think this sounds likely,

brock beats goldberg at mania, roman beats brock at summerslam, and john cena beats roman at mania next year for 17th win.

The New Day are collectively dry outspoken and prideful of who they are as people. I really doubt they would do that.

ReiGun

Nah man, I thought the same the minute I read that they'd be hosts. I'm dreading that. I refuse to watch anything Hogan related. I'll never not be pissed at that him.

Ergh fuck that. I would have to turn WM off.

I can't escape the feeling.

More than the obvious "Fuck Hogan forever" stance, it would be such a shame for New Day. They really do have some potential to have more mainstream success, and I think they want it (talking about being the hyenas in "Lion King," Woods always grinding to get more exposure outside of wrestling). But having their first big spotlight at WWE's only event with any mainstream appeal involve them being the company's token negros who forgive the racist would dead that.

Again, I hope I'm just being worried for nothing. I don't want to see the brehs go out like that.

The New Day are collectively dry outspoken and prideful of who they are as people. I really doubt they would do that.
This is true and the main reason I think I'm worried for nothing. I just can't see it happening because of who they are.

But stranger things have happened.

Hasney

so i think this sounds likely,

brock beats goldberg at mania, roman beats brock at summerslam, and john cena beats roman at mania next year for 17th win.

I'm still going with them giving Orton a few reigns throughout the year to get to 16 and then have the belt held up for a winner is 17 time champ match.

Kaladin

I want Gallagher to get a match at WM.

He'll be in the ARMBAR for shenanigans.

On another note...

What does everyone think the main event of Takeover : Orlando will be? I have no clue where they're going unless it's Nakamura vs Roode in a rematch.

Anth0ny

if vince makes them do that they better fucking shoot on hogan and go for the rollup 3

I know I am late but when it comes to Benoit, I remember Regal on the tribute show thing being very reserved and sorta like "we should all wait and see what happened" like he felt he knew what happened.

A Last Podcast on the Left dive into the Benoit murder suicide would be prettt interesting.

Zach

Kaladin, if you and I were asked to put on a match at WrestleMania this year, how many stars can you guarantee? I'm lithe, yet I tire quickly.

cordy

Banned
As for WM...

I wanna see Ambrose/Corbin in a No Holds Barred Street Fight. Maybe this will be the match that Ambrose wanted last year. Corbin's trying to show he's That Dude so he'll be up for anything. The difference here is that the company trusts Ambrose enough to make someone at WM rather than trusting someone else to make him, he's reached that level in their eyes. Ambrose can win here but Corbin prove he's a monster and lose. Corbin will be champ later on in the year, surely. I'd let him win MITB.

I wanna see Jericho/Owens because after all of their screentime, we really haven't seen them go at it seriously. Both amazing wrestlers who can throw down with anyone. Beyond that, you have the US title which will be for grabs. The most important thing though is unlike most feuds on this card, this one's been building for at least 9 months. The "Owens steals Jerichos' scarf" thing happened July last year. Add everything that's happened to them up and you've got a great match with an amazing build.

I wanna see Joe/Balor. Both great wrestlers who we know can go at it and they have history and needless to say they'll probably have their best match at WM. I wanna see Balor, who's returned new and improved from injury, pick up where he left off and show us he's ready for that belt again and what better way than proving he can take down Joe who's the last guy who beat him? It's like the classic anime "ok this guy kicked my ass but lemme show you I can beat him now, I'm stronger" thing. It'll be dope.

I wanna see the Cruiserweight Ladder Match. We're going to get a lot of cruiserweights, a lot of ladders, a lot of flips and a lot of Neville proving he's the best. This might as well be the most amazing match on the show if they're allowed to go out. Let Neville get the win, please, he deserves it but regardless who wins, these boys will SHOW OUT!!!

I wanna see the Andre The Giant Battle Royal because I love a good Battle Royal. I want someone to get a push from it but I fear it'll just be Strowman who's push was just used to push fucking Reigns. He shouldn't have lost but ah well.

I wanna see Orton/Wyatt purely to see who they will let win the match and where it'll lead to. We don't need another long Orton run. Let Orton hold the title and lose it at the next ppv.

I wanna see Styles/Shane purely to see how insane the McMahons are in their own minds by having one actually being able to go toe to toe with AJ Fucking Styles. Styles is going to be wrestling a broom this match. I also wanna see if they'll let Styles win this one and if he does win, he's gonna do the classic "damn Shane is tough he gets my respect but lemme walk out all damaged unlike any other match I've been in" thing they always do.

I wanna see Cena and Nikki/Maryse and Miz PURELY to see if Cena's going to propose at the end like some people have been saying he might.

That's all I wanna see at WM. The other matches will be playing but I'm not really invested in them yet.

6 hours is too long. Even if WWE was great right now, I wouldn't want a 6+ hour long show.

And if the final match of your 6 hour show is a stinker; like how HHH/Roman put people to fucking sleep at my WrestleMania party, that's a bad lasting impression

6 hours can't even get 6 stars

Last night was the first time I've ever purposely skipped watching a WWE PPV since I started watching around Wrestlemania X.

Between Goldberg winning, Reigns winning clean, and Charlotte getting her streak broken I'm probably just gonna skip Raw altogether.

jmdajr

Last night was the first time I've ever purposely skipped watching a WWE PPV since I started watching around Wrestlemania X.

Between Goldberg winning, Reigns winning clean, and Charlotte getting her streak broken I'm probably just gonna skip Raw altogether.

But what about when Taker shows up and challenges Reigns!

Watching Okada vs Tigermask W, dawning on me that I get to watch Ibushi dive off a balcony in a tiny venue on Sunday
giphy.gif

Guess who just literally got announced as the new GM....

Adam Blampied and with a you deserve it chant.

oh ffs

Okada vs Tiger Mask W was a really fucking awesome match.

It started out really slow and kind of strangely but then it became stiff as fuck and stomp to the head fuck you

I don't see Seth vs HHH being that good, especially with Seth just coming off an injury. Based Ambrose being the only Shield member to have a good match with HHH.

Qqf80t.gif

Skipped through the NJPW Anniversary Show, everything I watched was great. Shibata vs Sabre I think I preferred their second Rev Pro match, but still very good, Big Match Taguchi delivered again against Takahashi, and Okada vs Tiger Mask was very enjoyable, not sure why people seemed down on it other than it wasn't everything they had in the tank.

Taped match list from PROGRESS' Freedom's Road taping, spoiler free but may air on Freedom's Road in different order:

Earl Black Jr & Mark Ryan vs Bhangra Knights (Darrell Allen & RJ Singh)
Spike Trivet vs James Best
Matt Walker vs Shen Woo
James Davis vs Trashy Tim Thatcher
Ashmore vs Chuck Mambo
Dahlia Black, Chakara & Jinny vs Livvi Grace, Candyfloss & Laura DiMatteo
David Francisco Open Challenge
TK Cooper vs Matt Riddle (c) for the Atlas Title

Cancelled my WWE sub, runs out after Mania weekend so I can still watch Takeover and the Hall of Fame
before I got back to Dailymotioning NXT

PsKuZKH.gif

Top Bottom