• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottify

Come on now, not everything about TNA is terrible. I watched some last night and enjoyed some bits here and there. EC3 & Kurt was good. I'm not feeling Storm & Gunner though, for whatever reason, I just don't like Gunner. His PTSD schtick needs to go.

strobogo

Banned
Come on now, not everything about TNA is terrible. I watched some last night and enjoyed some bits here and there. EC3 & Kurt was good. I'm not feeling Storm & Gunner though, for whatever reason, I just don't like Gunner. His PTSD schtick needs to go.

Gunner is terrible. I can't believe he's been in TNA so long and is every bit as shitty as his first day. And now they're trying to make him a star when they let AJ go and hire NXT cast offs (even though EC3 is most definitely the best thing in TNA right now).

Hasney

Batista still has that weird California Raisin deal going on at the top of his head, he should just grow his hair out like his Evolution form.

Yup, blatant gimmick infringement.

zek1.jpg

Vylash

Gunner is atrocious, Kurt is about to die, EC3 needs way more mic work, lol Storm

TNA has a lot of good talent, but it's virtually impossible for them to shine when they're involved in such a terrible product

gurudyne

There's going to be twitch Q & A with the Watch Dogs devs. That'll be pleasant lol.

XBox/Sony crowd: "What the hell?!"
PC crowd: "Are the 2012 files still there so we can mod the game back to how it should be?"

I am interested to see what they have to say about all of this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Pepsi, that Wind Wood Steve guy stole your av and tweaked it. He hates Wrasslin too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can talk about your Stings and your Undertakers, your Austins and your Golbergs all day long when it comes to invasion dream matches but the one I wanted to see was the Genetic Freak versus the Genetic Jackhammer. Both of them love hootchies, Love mass and striations and both are crazy as fuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well they probably should do another NXT ppv style card as a load test a bit before Mania.

HoF Ceremony might be a good one for them and was probably an easy choice to stress test, although the traffic wont be NEARLY as high

Quick takeaways from NXT:

Adam Rose gimmick/entrance is awesome.

Adam Rose gimmick and entrance is so awesome I kinda think Fandango and Tyler Breeze are fucked.

Corey Graves still sucks. I know what you are thinking. "He had a good match with Sami Zayn" Yeah. He still sucks and Sami Zayn is rad and water is wet.

Corey Graves still sucks. I know what you are thinking. "He had a good match with Sami Zayn" Yeah. He still sucks and Sami Zayn is rad and water is wet.
I have never seen someone inspire so much hate for no reason as Graves (I'm not saying people don't have reasons, they just never seem to give them).

He seems to split opinions pretty much down the middle everywhere as well.

strobogo

Banned
People don't like Graves because he looks like a tool and is a really, really average wrestler. I think he's okay, but not someone I really care to see. As a guy who has been on the scene for as long as him, I don't think he's getting any better than what he is now. He's been wrestling for 14 years. He's not getting any better.

Also, Animorphs was fucking lame and I would have made fun of kids reading them in school if I didn't choose to BA*.

I have never seen someone inspire so much hate for no reason as Graves (I'm not saying people don't have reasons, they just never seem to give them).

No fucking chance. That's like saying there's a split down the middle of people who support TNA. It's just a couple weirdo contrarians.

Graves is a boring wrestler with no ring presence. His only promos are Social Distortion lyrics/knux tattoos and his finisher is a chopblock to the shins. He's the woooooorst.

*shrug*

I more meant the volume of people who like vs dislike him is fairly equal. The likes are more prone to be buried/downvoted when that's an option.

As someone who watched him (and Neville for that matter) come up, I'll be the first to admit that I'm biased in his favour.

Hate for no reason? WTF are you talking about?

He sucks. He's physically not bad, when he's focused on performing, but his matches suck. Watching a Corey Graves match unfold is like watching a first-time camper try to erect a tent in the wind.

How long are you going to give a guy to figure out how to work. Dude's been at it for a long-ass time.

Anybody can have a good match with Sami Zayn these days. I once saw El Generico make Chris fucking Bosh look better than Corey Graves though. That should tell you all you need to know.

gurudyne

People don't like Graves because he looks like a tool and is a really, really average wrestler. I think he's okay, but not someone I really care to see. As a guy who has been on the scene for as long as him, I don't think he's getting any better than what he is now. He's been wrestling for 14 years. He's not getting any better.

Also, Animorphs was fucking lame and I would have made fun of kids reading them in school if I didn't choose to BA*.

Graves does look like a walking toolbag, but I think the biggest turn off about him is that there's something about him in the ring--his style of selling or his general mannerisms--that just fucking puts me to sleep. Every time. And it's not just him being average because he's one of a very few wrestlers who has that effect.

Also, you son of a bitch. Animorphs fucking rocked.

Hate for no reason? WTF are you talking about?

He sucks. He's physically not bad, when he's focused on performing, but his matches suck. Watching a Corey Graves match unfold is like watching a first-time camper try to erect a tent in the wind.

How long are you going to give a guy to figure out how to work. Dude's been at it for a long-ass time.

Anybody can have a good match with Sami Zayn these days. I once saw El Generico make Chris fucking Bosh look better than Corey Graves though. That should tell you all you need to know.
Like I said, no one ever *gives* a reason, so I asked for one.

As far as his matches go, to each their own, I enjoy them, but if you don't, cool.

I'm super bored at the train station, so here's my all time Fave Five:

1. Stan Hansen
2. Jumbo Tsuruta
3. Genichiro Tenryu
4. Kenta Kobashi
5. Terry Funk

Also, South Park Stick of Truth is real freaking good. Can't wait to get back home and play it some more.

fav 5 of wrestlers who wear shinpads:

1 - Masakatsu Funaki
2 - Volk Han
3 - Kiyoshi Tamura
4 - Nobuhiko Takada
5 - WCW Chris Jericho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom