• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Just now realized that not only is the commentary change an obvious clue that the Adam Rose debut was at a different taping, but the arena is pre-ArRIVAL revamp.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
IYONNN FINGUUUUU
ironfingerdrj18.gif

Rapstah

This past month of new themes for WWE and NXT has been absolutely fantastic. The only bummers among all the new songs are the new NXT theme and Summer Rae's supposed main roster entrance theme (although it hasn't been used yet).

Just finished Impact and it was entertaining as fuck. Impact has been better than Raw for a while now and I am excited for Lockdown.

200px-TNA_Lockdown_2014_Poster.jpg

Dat photoshop

World Heavyweight Championship
-Magnus (c) vs. Samoa Joe

Lethal Lockdown
-MVP, The Wolves & Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode, Austin Aries & The BroMans

Knockouts Championship
-Madison Rayne (c) vs. Gail Kim

-Bad Influence & Chris Sabin vs. The Great Muta, Sanada & Tigre Uno

-Gunner vs. James Storm

-Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III

-Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw

This gimmick is getting kind of pathetic Spider.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA seems low on potential top babyfaces. If Jeff goes Willow, that leaves Gunner, Angle, Joe and MVP

edit: oh, and MR. ANDERSON.

Angle will almost certainly leave or be let go. Ratings have shown that it doesn't matter if they feature people making 500 bucks a week or 500k a year.

They will have a problem with faces soon though.

kiguel182

Angle will almost certainly leave or be let go. Ratings have shown that it doesn't matter if they feature people making 500 bucks a week or 500k a year.

They will have a problem with faces soon though.

They would have Aries if they would let him stay face instead of keep turning the guy.

Guy posts about wrestling in the wrestling thread, receives condescending and insulting replies.

Unimpeded video game discussions despite there being an entire sub-forum, some would say the raison d'etre of the whole effing forum, dedicated to the discussion of games.

Hostile and insular?

YEP.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
This gimmick is getting kind of pathetic Spider.

I promise you it isn't a gimmick. I really do enjoy Impact and their shows in the UK have been really entertaining. Raw is 3 hours long and all the important things can be seen in under 45 minutes most weeks. Impact is 2 hours long and every segment has a purpose and moves story along. It's not always the best stories but they are stories, which is more than I can say for WWE. I still enjoy the wrestling of NJPW, PWG, the Joshi leagues and a few others more than TNA, but as far as weekly wrestling shows go, Impact is consistantly more entertaining than Raw and Smackdown.

I promise you it isn't a gimmick. I really do enjoy Impact and their shows in the UK have been really entertaining. Raw is 3 hours long and all the important things can be seen in under 45 minutes most weeks. Impact is 2 hours long and every segment has a purpose and moves story along. It's not always the best stories but they are stories, which is more than I can say for WWE. I still enjoy the wrestling of NJPW, PWG, the Joshi leagues and a few others more than TNA, but as far as weekly wrestling shows go, Impact is consistantly more entertaining than Raw and Smackdown.

Yeah whatever. What are your thoughts on Hideo Kojima?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They would have Aries if they would let him stay face instead of keep turning the guy.

If Russo really does have his hands in this product expect this to happen to everyone.

I personally believe he is at least consulting. Sam Shaw and Chris Sabin especially but also multiple retirement swerves and hell even how they ran Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles out (i.e. the exact same angle Russo proposed to Hogan at Bash at the Beach 2000, get beat up by the entire heel side of the company and still barely lose)

Guy posts about wrestling in the wrestling thread, receives condescending and insulting replies.

Unimpeded video game discussions despite there being an entire sub-forum, some would say the raison d'etre of the whole effing forum, dedicated to the discussion of games.

Hostile and insular?

YEP.
I'm starting to track the offtopicness users and posters and will be filing a report to the mods. This place has gotten way to off topic and insular and YOU PEOPLE need to change. Its completely unwelcoming to new faces. Hopefully this goes the way of HaloGaf and NBAGAF so a hard lesson is learned here. Bonus points if it's done during WrestleMania.

Don't blame me WrassleGAF. You ran yourselves out. WrassleGAF screwed WrassleGAF.

jmdajr

So it seems my ex-coworker is still alive after no one had heard from him for days. Got some people over there to check on him and after finally getting in there it was like a nightmare episode of hoarders. Just trash everywhere. Sad, sad stuff.

Being alone and old, is not bueno.

Sephzilla

I'm starting to track the offtopicness users and posters and will be filing a report to the mods. This place has gotten way to off topic and insular and YOU PEOPLE need to change. Its completely unwelcoming to new faces. Hopefully this goes the way of HaloGaf and NBAGAF so a hard lesson is learned here. Bonus points if it's done during WrestleMania.

Don't blame me WrassleGAF. You ran yourselves out. WrassleGAF screwed WrassleGAF.

Nobody likes a snitch

Batigol

Banned
ibubnz16Wi9ndu.gif

Guys, why does the gif do that white patch thing at the beginning? Pretty sure it's because I deleted frames at the start of the gif, but I don't know how to get rid

On a side note, Judgement Day 2000 is fun as hell

Also, the ratio is shit on the attitude era videos and it's annoying as balls try to skip to parts of matches

Mr.Awesome just turned heel on ALL of WrassleGAF

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Might as well put my chips into the table regarding this #YES #NO avatar bet.

D-Brine's going over like rover babay.

You're crazy. No chance!

So it seems my ex-coworker is still alive after no one had heard from him for days. Got some people over there to check on him and after finally getting in there it was like a nightmare episode of hoarders. Just trash everywhere. Sad, sad stuff.

Being alone and old, is not bueno.

That's kinda good, kinda bad.

strobogo

Banned

I really don't know how someone could watch Impact and legitimately enjoy it. It's so dying WCW, but with 1/8th the budget and almost none of the talent, yet a lot of the same people involved behind the scenes that made WCW die in the first place. When I see them pushing guys like Zema Ion and Gunner, it makes me think of guys like Evan Karagias and Shawn Stasiak.

After taking a nice, long shit and realizing I forgot my smartphone, I was alone with my thoughts for a while.

I realized it's not reasonable to want to bend and shape an entire community based on the whims and wants of one member (me).

So do whatever the F you guys want. I'm washing my hands of this.

strobogo

Banned
And just like WCW, they find a way to hold down and make the actual talent unenjoyable. TNA is just a bummer to watch. It very long ago stopped being a company of young guys trying to create their own path like ECW. Since at least 2007, it's been something that feels like it is open as a tax shelter/only open because these people can't get a job in anything outside of wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Who are you

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for by me.

I guess more to the point is that it's cool to hold a contrary opinion but you aren't actually quantifying it. It seems that you and BB are heaping universal praise on TNA while dumping on all of WWE, whereas praise for other products is more tempered and nuanced. If you really feel that TNA is strong you should demonstrate it by actively highlighting the assets rather than measured praise across the board. Because I've watched a lot of TNA, mostly in the past but some within the past few months and compared to my personal experience it does feel like the praise is unwarranted and false.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh cmon you guys, we all know Mr. Awesome.

How quickly you forget if you're not top 5 wall of shame.

I know you Mr. Awesome and I'm glad you're here.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And just like WCW, they find a way to hold down and make the actual talent unenjoyable. TNA is just a bummer to watch. It very long ago stopped being a company of young guys trying to create their own path like ECW. Since at least 2007, it's been something that feels like it is open as a tax shelter/only open because these people can't get a job in anything outside of wrestling.

They've actually quite nearly reached WCW 2001 levels where they are pushing new talent. Only with no budget and way too late for it to matter. The only positive thing they've done that WCW never had the brass to do was get rid of every single top star as their contract came up. They've already purged most of their extra non wrasslin talent, slimmed the women down to the bare minimum and got rid of all the foreigners.

I really don't know how someone could watch Impact and legitimately enjoy it. It's so dying WCW, but with 1/8th the budget and almost none of the talent, yet a lot of the same people involved behind the scenes that made WCW die in the first place. When I see them pushing guys like Zema Ion and Gunner, it makes me think of guys like Evan Karagias and Shawn Stasiak.

Goddamn, stro nailing exactly what I hate about TNA but could never put into such perfect words.

Showaddy

They've actually quite nearly reached WCW 2001 levels where they are pushing new talent. Only with no budget and way too late for it to matter. The only positive thing they've done that WCW never had the brass to do was get rid of every single top star as their contract came up. They've already purged most of their extra non wrasslin talent, slimmed the women down to the bare minimum and got rid of all the foreigners.

Eh in all seriousness would they have got rid of guys like Hogan & Sting if Vince hadn't come calling with more money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom