• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

This past month of new themes for WWE and NXT has been absolutely fantastic. The only bummers among all the new songs are the new NXT theme and Summer Rae's supposed main roster entrance theme (although it hasn't been used yet).

I think Paige's new theme sucks.

Speaking if Paige, there are no pictures of her at the top of the page. You guys are slacking!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh in all seriousness would they have got rid of guys like Hogan & Sting if Vince hadn't come calling with more money?

...Yes? Especially Hogan. All of the decisions made by Hogan and Bischoff cost them a ton of money and actually lowered their ratings for quite some time until they moved back on them.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
NEW JAPAN CUP 2014 ROUND 1

Yujiro Takahashi vs. Shelton Benjamin

Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Karl Anderson

Hirooki Goto vs. Doc Gallows

Special 6 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & El Desperado vs. Kazuchika Okada, Gedo & Jado

Lance Archer vs. Prince Devitt

Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.

It's astounding that MOTY Naito and Ishii are in the frst round together! Shibata has to be a lock for the finals and I would garner that either Nakamura or Goto will be in the finals as well.

Please be excited

strobogo

Banned
They've actually quite nearly reached WCW 2001 levels where they are pushing new talent. Only with no budget and way too late for it to matter. The only positive thing they've done that WCW never had the brass to do was get rid of every single top star as their contract came up. They've already purged most of their extra non wrasslin talent, slimmed the women down to the bare minimum and got rid of all the foreigners.

Getting rid of and not being able to afford aren't the same thing. EC3 is totally EZ Money in 2001 WCW.

God damn, Cleopatra at the start of WM9 is fucking BANGING.

Showaddy

...Yes? Especially Hogan. All of the decisions made by Hogan and Bischoff cost them a ton of money and actually lowered their ratings for quite some time until they moved back on them.

Could be wrong then but I was under the impression they wanted to keep guys the older guys but couldn't afford to keep paying them so much. They still viewed Hogan as a draw even if he's fucking useless backstage.

Special 6 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & El Desperado vs. Kazuchika Okada, Gedo & Jado

It's astounding that MOTY Naito and Ishii are in the frst round together! Shibata has to be a lock for the finals and I would garner that either Nakamura or Goto will be in the finals as well.

Please be excited
See, Defitt is not joining The E.

1.jpg

Suzuki Week starts tomorrow, 1 bout a day:

vs JOHNNY BARRETT (UWF 1989)
vs KEN SHAMROCK (PANCRASE 1995)
vs JUSHIN LIGER (PANCRASE 2002)
vs SHINSUKE NAKAMURA (NJPW 2004)
vs KENTA KOBASHI (NOAH 2005)
vs MASAKATSU FUNAKI (AJPW 2010)
vs HANS NIJMAN (U-SPIRITS 2013)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Please be excited

Makabe/Fale again? Sheeit. I can't hate anything here though. Think they'll get stupid and put Goto vs Shibata in the finals? That'd be exceedingly stupid, but they might do it for that "Japanese Honor pop"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo whoever brought up Marvel Puzzle Quest in here can kiss my ass

Juggernaut is still a piece of shit

He's mostly worthless if it wasn't for his huge hp pool. I'm running max level Original Black Widow, Daken, and Bullseye for most pvp stuff.

strobogo

Banned
I sometimes play Marvel Puzzle Quest while I poop. And sometimes I read Batman comics. Bean, what was your reaction when you realized you didn't have your smart phone during your poop?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Makabe/Fale again? Sheeit. I can't hate anything here though. Think they'll get stupid and put Goto vs Shibata in the finals? That'd be exceedingly stupid, but they might do it for that "Japanese Honor pop"

Boots is probably right. I'm positive that Shibata will make the finals, as that is the story right now and Nakamura appears to be the most likely contender. I don't see how Shibata doesn't win the tournament.

Fale is terrible.

By god Stro has gone heel, using his gifs for gaming side only. They've formed a two man power trip, snitching and giffing.

We'll need to become something akin to siblings bonded through devastation if we want to thwart this threat, like brothers of destruction. Hang on they just got their asses kicked if I recall, except Kane of course, he got that IC title at least.
Who would be Stro's JR equivalent? just imagine their posts of betrayal.

I bet if we nuked more countries they'd start putting out weird robot and rainbow princess and gun sword crap as well.

That's the second time I've been called a racist in as many days on WrassleGAF. Dont you know that Canadians can't be racist you miserable redneck yokels?

Ithil

See, Defitt is not joining The E.

Nothing about that says what Devitt is doing either way. He hasn't resigned with NJPW, or signed with WWE.
NJPW are letting him work without a contract for the time being. He will probably make a final decision after this set of shows.

somedevil

Nothing about that says what Devitt is doing either way. He hasn't resigned with NJPW, or signed with WWE.
NJPW are letting him work without a contract for the time being. He will probably make a final decision after this set of shows.

So he will continue posting troll posts to get the fans talking like the one of him and pac in the match that got Pac signed and made Triple H want him.

Also, I see the brackets and he isn't making out of the 2nd round. Its also reported that New Japan is going to sign AJ Styles so they have his replacement if he leaves.

Ithil

So he will continue posting troll posts to get the fans talking like the one of him and pac in the match that got Pac signed and made Triple H want him.

Also, I see the brackets and he isn't making out of the 2nd round. Its also reported that New Japan is going to sign AJ Styles so they have his replacement if he leaves.

He's kept very quiet whenever anyone asks him about WWE in interviews, always with a non-answer or deflects the question. The most he's said is he'd like to work for them if he got the chance, even though he likes it in Japan.

Showaddy

He's kept very quiet whenever anyone asks him about WWE in interviews, always with a non-answer or deflects the question. The most he's said is he'd like to work for them if he got the chance, even though he likes it in Japan.

That leaked tweet from Regal to him telling him to keep his nose clean in case it fucks up his chances was a pretty big sign he was close to a deal, he's a smart guy though and he's obviously taking his time make a decision.

I think it pretty telling as well that most of the Bullet Club are doing the joint NJ/ROH show soon but Devitt isn't.

Judging by his Smackdown promo Batista is slowly reverting back to his heel character from 2010, they just need to increase his jerk factor that bit more and have him stop toeing that line.
Of all the returns in that segment...
Return of Kane's abs > return of Batista's leather vest >>> return of Big Show in general

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Someone on r/squaredcircle said that the only way Orton-Batista can be redeemed is if Sandow managed to dredge up his old MITB briefcase, kept that hidden away from everyone, and cashed it in on the winner. I would accept this outcome.

strobogo

Banned
They dubbed out Jeff Jarrett's theme out of these WCW PPVs.These goddamn monsters.

Cat's new music is my favorite. It's so so so so so so so bad. There are all kinds of inconsistencies with music dubbing. On some WCW shows, Raven has a knock off of his WCW theme. Others have his WWE music. Same for Jericho. DDP has a knock off theme, but on at least one show, Kanyon got to use DDP's actual theme. Some shows have a generic music for ICP/Vamp, some use the actual song. Jimmy Hart songs are all over the place and seemingly have no reason to why some are in and some aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom