• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'm trying to think of attributes that would 'define' a wrestler - here's what I have so far:

All attributes are rated 1-20 (1 = Worst in the world, 20 = Best in the World).

=======
In Ring
=======

- Brawling
- Submission
- Technical
- Flair
- High Flying

=============
Entertainment
=============

- Charisma
- Microphone Skills
- Acting
- Look
- Menace

======
Mental
======

- Consistency
- Psychology
- Selling
- Safety

========
Physical
========

- Stamina
- Strength
- Agility
- Balance
- Toughness
- Injury Proness

=====
Other/Hidden
=====

- Respect
- Attitude
- Professionalism
- Drug Issues
- Drink Issues
- Smoke Issues
- Controversy
- Adaptability
- Work Rate

----------------------------

Wrestling Styles

- All Rounder
- Puro
- Shooter
- Technical
- Brawler
- Entertainer
-

Hasney

Hidden attribute: Dong size

tDcWLZ2.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Many senior WWE officials, including Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, have been making the rounds and meeting with several of the top movie studios while in Los Angeles, California this week. As noted recently, HHH and Stephanie met with executives at Paramount Pictures on Tuesday. WWE reached an agreement with Paramount to promote Arnold Schwarzenegger’s new “Terminator” film all the way through its’ release in July, a deal that calls for use of imagery from the film in HHH’s entrance at WrestleMania 31 this Sunday.

Please have half the NXT roster dress up in Terminator outfits and reenact the opening of T2 for us.

Do it.

Aiii

So not worth it
So instead of that stupid sit-down interview Cena did, why didn't he just do this Kimmel thing.

Now that's a face I can get behind, genuinely funny and likeable.

tm24

I haven't seen enough to say for sure. He got a late start in the business but he's spent plenty of time wrasslin. tm24, has he appeared much in some serious wrassles? I don't really care how good he was in a one-shot in CHIKARA, but if he spent serious time in AAA I'm curious.
I cant recall anything about him outside of that weird angle where they interrupted a smashing punpkins show and he was going to Birder toss billy corgan and then la parka made the save. He probably sucked

Hasney

Just started NXT and you can tell this is at the end of a taping day, crowd is exhausted.

Both Alexa and Sasha are looking much more comfortable with their characters during their entrance. Fun match, I hope they get a special event rematch at some point as an active crowd could really benefit the match here, but they managed to get them in it in the closing segments. Bliss still has some greeness, but that natural agility is really going to help her.

I'm liking the Emma story, since she started as a heel but the crowd turned her, now she failed on Raw and blames it on the crowd making her too nice.

I hope The Rock asks for a match with Owens at some point with them being twitter bff. I have no problem with Owens being shorter than some of the main roster, if you're an aggressive bastard it doesn't matter your size. I know Tazz was mentioned but the Crippler could be used as a counter argument.

Alucard

Banned
Wrestling has been so damn good since January.

-Lucha Underground delivering every week
-NXT providing some solid action
-ROH upping their production and providing the usual solid wrestling show
-WWE with a couple of great matches (Rumble triple threat and Bryan/Reigns)
-Wrestlemania incoming
-NJPW with a string of great shows since WK9
-Indies getting on board with their own streaming services
-PWG bringing the FnPness
-TNA having some legit great moments over the past two weeks (Angle/Lashley and EC3/Spud)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lesnar being champ is the only story going I currently like and Summerslam and RR's title matches were a total blast to watch so...y'kniw, it isn't a bust. Some people aren't into the part time thing I guess. I like it cos it makes it easy to tell when to pay attention.

I was using the term bust in reference to ratings being down. When you look at how much money they gave him, it has to be considered a bit of a bust, which is why I'm surprised they're going to do it for another year.

Zach

Who was this idiot on NXT commentary that actually pronounced the S in coup de gras?
Have you never mispronounced a word? I mean, I'd expect an announcer to know how to pronounce a finisher by now, but "idiot" seems a bit harsh.

NXT was great despite the tired crowd. Odd thing to pick out but I really enjoy the ref in NXT, always seems on his game and hits all the marks you'd expect. Always warning the wrestlers about something lol.

NXT was great despite the tired crowd. Odd thing to pick out but I really enjoy the ref in NXT, always seems on his game and hits all the marks you'd expect. Always warning the wrestlers about something lol.

I noticed this a lot in the Owens/Balor match, like heroically waiting until the last second in his attempt to deter Owens from another cannonball.

Vee_One

Wrestling has been so damn good since January.

-Lucha Underground delivering every week
-NXT providing some solid action
-ROH upping their production and providing the usual solid wrestling show
-WWE with a couple of great matches (Rumble triple threat and Bryan/Reigns)
-Wrestlemania incoming
-NJPW with a string of great shows since WK9
-Indies getting on board with their own streaming services
-PWG bringing the FnPness
-TNA having some legit great moments over the past two weeks (Angle/Lashley and EC3/Spud)

I like this post - reminds me why I enjoy Wrasslin'

Vee_One

Fox318

Last Meltzer interview on lapsed fan audio was uploaded tonight.

Man imagine the heat from Cena beating Undertaker.

And that injury to Bryan may have been the best thing for his career. Vince would have put him in a program for 6 months of just Kane and Big Show then he would have been taking those suplexes from Brock at Summerslam.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
While I would usually agree. She brought us the debut of Otunga. Thats a win in my book.

bL1zTuP.gif

i thought we all agreed that midnight wrestlegaf would never be a thing again

ESPGeza.gif

I could see Mr. Husband being a wrestling name.

Please please make this happen. We were getting there once...

DDP and Gene Okerlund were on my plane. I nearly lost my shit. Seeing Gene in a wheelchair though hurt my heart.

The day's comin...I hate to say it.

I vote we dedicate the April thread to Devin Taylor.

Because who doesn't have a crush on Devin?! Right?

d8vgfj2.gif

...why would we?

Also, RIP NoreN, wonder what he got himself into...

Alucard

Banned
Man, Honma vs. Ibushi was such a fun and hard-hitting match.

1KI6Ts1.gif

Ibushi's gonna burn himself out with the types of performances he's given this year. He's had memorable and often spectacular matches against the following guys this year:

-Nakamura (5/5)
-Honma (4.25/5)
-Naito (4.75/5)
-Goto (4.5/5)

And now he's got a match with AJ Styles coming up that I can only imagine will be another show stealer.

Anyone else on the "Ibushi is the best wrestler of 2015 so far" train?

Xater

Have you never mispronounced a word? I mean, I'd expect an announcer to know how to pronounce a finisher by now, but "idiot" seems a bit harsh.

You should know that word, you should really know it if it's someones finisher and you should especially know something is up when the guy right next to you does it right.

Zach

DDP and Gene Okerlund were on my plane. I nearly lost my shit. Seeing Gene in a wheelchair though hurt my heart.
Mean Gene's in bad shape?! That's too bad.

That being said, I am amazed the Bobby Heenan is still alive. Dude looks so bad. What a cruel world we live in. And I don't really keep up because it's so sad, but is his brain still in good shape? I'm just saying, he may not be getting TV time anytime soon, but dude could be a riot via Twitter or something. Hopefully he's just at peace and happy to be away from the limelight.

v_v

Zach

You should know that word, you should really know it if it's someones finisher and you should especially know something is up when the guy right next to you does it right.
Oh, stop. "You should know that word." I know there have been words that, say, you've only ever read and mispronounced in your head, only to hear someone use it later and go "oooooh." I actually heard a piece about if on NPR not long ago and I was like "I'm not alone!" Haha...

Anyway, let's just reserve judgment until next time. Who was the commentator, by the way?

Ibushi's gonna burn himself out with the types of performances he's given this year. He's had memorable and often spectacular matches against the following guys this year:

-Nakamura (5/5)
-Honma (4.25/5)
-Naito (4.75/5)
-Goto (4.5/5)

And now he's got a match with AJ Styles coming up that I can only imagine will be another show stealer.

Yeah, I wasn't ready to include him at first, but on the strength of his performances so far he definitely has to be in the running and I don't think there's a single competitor with quite as many great matches as Ibushi's had so far this year. Styles is probably close, in terms of match quality, and has also had some great matches with more inexperienced talent due to his work on the indies. On the other hand, while Ibushi's worked with some of the top talent in the world in New Japan, he also had a great match with a blow up doll last weekend.

Assuming he can remain injury free, it's going to be a great year for Ibushi - especially once the G1 rolls around.

Xater

Oh, stop. "You should know that word." I know there have been words that, say, you've only ever read and mispronounced in your head, only to hear someone use it later and go "oooooh." I actually heard a piece about if on NPR not long ago and I was like "I'm not alone!" Haha...

Anyway, let's just reserve judgment until next time. Who was the commentator, by the way?

I don't know his name. It was the terrible one that every time someone goes for the pin he screams that so and so is going for the win. it annoys me to no end.

That guy just sucks. Corey Graves is so much better at it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pillars of Eternity today, friends

The cultured fan's celebration day. I couldn't be happier.

Jamie OD

Man, Honma vs. Ibushi was such a fun and hard-hitting match.

1KI6Ts1.gif

-Nakamura (5/5)
-Honma (4.25/5)
-Naito (4.75/5)
-Goto (4.5/5)

Aye! And I'm confident I can say that without coming off like a fanboy. Ibushi's been amazing for the last 6 months.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, I wasn't ready to include him at first, but on the strength of his performances so far he definitely has to be in the running and I don't think there's a single competitor with quite as many great matches as Ibushi's had so far this year. Styles is probably close, in terms of match quality, and has also had some great matches with more inexperienced talent due to his work on the indies. On the other hand, while Ibushi's worked with some of the top talent in the world in New Japan, he also had a great match with a blow up doll last weekend.

Assuming he can remain injury free, it's going to be a great year for Ibushi - especially once the G1 rolls around.

I'm absolutely ready to baptize him as one of the all-time greats. Haha. Depending on his booking, the G1 could be a tremendous showcase for him, though I wonder where New Japan is going with Okada at that tournament. Who do you see main eventing Wrestle Kingdom 10? And do you see Ibushi having any chance of beating AJ Styles at Invasion Attack?

Alucard

Banned
Love how New Japan still puts Tanahashi with the belt on the Invasion Attack poster even though AJ is the current champion.

show_match_icon.php

bjork

"I'd have to say it'ss probably, definitely a top five, it was a wonderful show, Wrestlemania 30."

Sunny gimmick posting on a podcast, what the shit

Top Bottom