• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Eidan

I just got Charles Robinson's autograph. I'm in heaven.

Also, the Undertaker banners around the city and convention hall are clearly a touched up version of the video game model.

Carnby

Did you tell him you post about wrestling on a message board?
#DeadGiveaway

"There's this guy named Serpentine who always..."

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

The dude runs a weekly DDP Yoga class at my job. That's how I suspected that he watches wrestling. #deadgiveaway

jred2k

CBDIgeUUYAACX2V.jpg

hitme

I'm gonna take Alexa Bliss home with me after tomorrow night's show.

Then we'll start playing with glitter!

Continuing my trek through WCW up to the glory days of '97, I officially have entered the dark times, AKA '91 and '92. Good lord, was 1991 bad. The combination of Herd's ideas and Dusty's booking is a pain that should never be brought to mortal men. Then we get to 1992 and bringing in Kip Frey and....why the fuck was he not kept around? Superbrawl 2 was frigging amazing outside of the Luger/Sting match (and is proof positive that waving money in Kevin Nash's face is the only way for him to give a shit), and the best Wargames ever in the Dangerous Alliance vs. Sting's team. Man, Paul E. is the fucking man. I'd have to say it's a tie between him and Cornette for the greatest mind in wrestling, which works perfectly because A. both are completely opposite sides of the spectrum and B. They both hate each other's fucking guts. Also Ventura sucked on commentary in WCW, and for all of the love Ross gets, he pretty much does the same shit every match - bring up a wrestler's college background whether in football or wrestling. Once a match gets going nobody else can beat him however, and it was only through him I was able to get through slogs like Bash '91 and Havoc '92.

Bill Watts...what can I say? The "no more off the top" rule has to go down as one of the stupidest in the history of wrestling, period. I suppose that his logic was to place the company as something different than the WWF, but just alienated the fans further. Probably one of the most unintentional funny moments is Clash XX when all of the talking heads (including Ted Turner) are talking about how great it is that WCW has gone back to traditional rules, and on the SAME FUCKING SHOW the company holds a poll that eliminates the top rope DQ rule by a fucking landslide. Also, for all the love Brock gets today for being a fucking beast, I'd like to see him face Vader in '92. That would be fucking amazing.

Anyway, just have one more show to get through (Starrcade '92...oh sweet Jesus I'm going to need some booze), before we finally get into Eric Bischoff running the show back on course, putting the title back on Vader, bringing back Flair, bringing in Davey Boy and Mean Gene, etc.

Also, was Mero really just super tan at that time period or was he actually in blackface? Because if it's the latter, he's a whole new level of offensive.

galvatron

You should of asked him how he keeps that hair looking golden like his WCW days. Man he looks like he never ages

Oh man, "lil naitch"!
Its still weird to me that the refs aren't even announced anymore. Made it seem more like a sport, just like the advent of the panel of analysts do today.

Sephzilla

#VentTime

People complaining about console exclusivity seems stupid to me, especially when a game is exclusive to a console that's running away with a sales lead. Maybe I'm just old school but if there was a game for a system you didn't own, you bought the system it was made for.

RP912

Banned
#VentTime

People complaining about console exclusivity seems stupid to me, especially when a game is exclusive to a console that's running away with a sales lead. Maybe I'm just old school but if there was a game for a system you didn't own, you bought the system it was made for.

I feel the same way even though I would give my left ball to have Driveclub come to the PC .

Cagey

Banned
Shoemaker dropping some truth.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/w...-rusev-daniel-bryan-seth-rollins-randy-orton/

The problem meta fans have with Reigns is that his success was predetermined by the WWE front office. This is the great dichotomy of pro wrestling: When something great happens in real sports, people say, “It couldn’t have been any better if it were scripted.” But in wrestling, any evidence of predetermined storytelling is taken as a shortcoming. Any obvious projection of the forthcoming plotline, any hewing to rumors of backstage plans, any ending that is obvious — they’re all causes for outrage.

Listen, rebelling against Reigns is completely reasonable. He’s way too green to be in the position WWE has given him, and there are others — Bryan chief among them — who would be a better fit. (I’m guessing that putting Orton in this spot wouldn’t make many of the aggrieved fans much happier, though.) And it’s justifiable to be mad that WWE is creating a new John Cena right before our eyes, and to try to influence a better outcome with boos. But the problem is that it’s almost a self-fulfilling prophecy: John Cena worked because of his “haters.” The “Ce-na sucks” chant made John Cena. And the fans who used to complain about Cena are now doing the same with Reigns. By turning on Reigns, smart fans have inadvertently created one of the most compelling characters in pro wrestling: Instead of Bryan striving against backstage politics, Reigns is fighting against smart fan preconceptions. If he succeeds despite all the hell the Internet has given him, he’ll be the big star WWE wants him to be. If he fails, he’ll be the biggest heel in wrestling. Our** derision has made Reigns more significant than WWE could have made him on its own.

Reigns might even be the heel in this Lesnar feud. I used to like to point out that clamoring for a Cena heel turn was a waste of time because he was already wrestling’s biggest heel. Reigns’s ascent to the top of the babyface heap may have been bumpy, but in some circles he’s already as big a heel as Cena ever was. And it feels like WWE knows this — Heyman’s pro-Lesnar monologues have been skewing laudatory rather than heelish; Lesnar’s appearance on SportsCenter was the least villainous he’s been in ages; and Reigns went off on fans in a Rolling Stone interview, saying, “When I’m talkin’, shut the hell up and let me talk.” Unsurprisingly, fans railed against Reigns’s lack of humility and proclaimed they liked him less than ever before, if that were possible.

**Your derision, not mine. Reigns interviews were awesome tho.

Toki767

The problem with Reigns is that there are literally two types of people.

The ones who boo him loudly and the ones who cheer either really quietly or don't care enough about him either way.

People keep saying that Reigns gets a great reaction at house shows, but compared to what? Every other jobber on the show?

Showaddy

#VentTime

It is slightly weird bearing in mind all the exclusives the PS3 & PS2 had. The 1st party games are the main reason to buy a Sony or Ninty console.

Sephzilla

It is slightly weird bearing in mind all the exclusives the PS3 & PS2 had. The 1st party games are the main reason to buy a Sony or Ninty console.

the PS2 had a fuckton of exclusive games but nobody was bitching because pretty much everyone had a PS2. Complaining about, for example, Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive seems silly considering the PS4 is selling at a PS2 pace. Exclusives are the most direct and easy to market ways for getting people to buy your system and it's been this way since console competition was a thing.

notworksafe

Dudes hyping it up like it's the second coming of racing games...no lie the weather effects made me smile.

Sony fan hype is at nonsense levels and should be ignored. Motherfuckers trying to pretend garbage like Driveclub and The Order are worth paying a cent for. Yuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sony fan hype is at nonsense levels and should be ignored. Motherfuckers trying to pretend garbage like Driveclub and The Order are worth paying a cent for. Yuck.

I know people are proud of themselves for playing Bloodborne but
SDBfYZb.gif

Sephzilla

I've heard that after the patches Driveclub is actually pretty fun.

I know people are proud of themselves for playing Bloodborne but
SDBfYZb.gif

Vince is just in denial because he picked the Roman Reigns of consoles (Xbox One) instead of the Brock Lesnar (PS4)

I own both

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince is just in denial because he picked the Roman Reigns of consoles (Xbox One) instead of the Brock Lesnar (PS4)

I own both

Picked? If you like kideos, play everything. God knows there's more than enough incredible games out there no matter what you buy

Sephzilla

Picked? If you like kideos, play everything. God knows there's more than enough incredible games out there no matter what you buy

This is honestly truth.

I got a PS4, Wii-U, and an XB1 because then I can enjoy all dem games. All 3 consoles this generation are pretty legit, to be honest. I don't have many issues with any of them.

RP912

Banned
Meh....until I hear about Gran Turismo or NJPWorld becomes an app for the PS4, I think I will stick to my current setup of PC, PS3/2 and a Vita.

Nothing really strokes my interest for both consoles. I was going to buy a Xbox One because of MCC but.....yeah...you know :/ :/.

RP912

Banned
About to watch Bork/Angle in NJPW...haven't really heard much about this match so I'm kinda going in with high expectations.

Sephzilla

Meh....until I hear about Gran Turismo or NJPWorld becomes an app for the PS4, I think I will stick to my current setup of PC, PS3/2 and a Vita.

Nothing really strokes my interest for both consoles. I was going to buy a Xbox One because of MCC but.....yeah...you know :/ :/.

You dodged a bullet. The game is in working order now but I still feel the sting of it.

Wii U is still the best out of the 3.

Wii-U is legit as fuck. Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 are dope as hell

I own both

The Shield was the Wii U.

Dean Ambrose is the gamepad.
Seth Rollins is the games.
Roman Reigns is the nondescript console that they stuck in the corner during the E3 reveal.

I've had a Lenovo Y510P for a little under a year now and I can assure you that a decent gaming laptop is the best platform for playing videogames right now. Consoles have lost all the convenience that justified their existence in the first place, sadly.

Top Bottom