• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

kiguel182

Balor vs Owens was great. It got a little too slow for my tastes in the middle but it finished strong. Owens continues to be a beast.

Also, the Mania card really isn't that bad. It's like two or three changes away from being a good Mania. I still can't support them after everything but credit where credit is due, it's not a disaster.

I also see I'm going to be very excluded from this thread since I don't have the Network to see all the pre-Mania hype. Sucks.

Cagey

Banned
Nice.

Really though, it's poor form to boo these people who are out there probably super nervous already and just trying to do a good job.

But Eva's done so much to be booed recently, such as not be on TV and not take up screen time and not be in matches and generally not do anything to offend anyone. #cancer #givedivasachance #nothertho #ajpaigenatty #nxtdivastoo #butnotcarmella

Heel

Really though, it's poor form to boo these people who are out there probably super nervous already and just trying to do a good job.

CBDvgnjUkAA3uuA.png

Mahonay

Banned
Every time I see Alicia Fox I get really sad they they ditched her Fox 3:16 gimmick. She's one of their best in ring wrestlers (when given the chance) and doesn't exist on RAW or PPVs anymore.

Cole just referred to Paige and AJ as Neapolitan ice cream.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I see Alicia Fox I get really sad they they ditched her Fox 3:16 gimmick. She's one of their best in ring wrestlers (when give the chance) and doesn't exist on RAW or PPVs anymore.

I agree, it had so much potential :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time I see Alicia Fox I get really sad they they ditched her Fox 3:16 gimmick. She's one of their best in ring wrestlers (when give the chance) and doesn't exist on RAW or PPVs anymore.

got to make aj/paige/bellas look .... somewhat stronk

Every time I see Alicia Fox I get really sad they they ditched her Fox 3:16 gimmick. She's one of their best in ring wrestlers (when given the chance) and doesn't exist on RAW or PPVs anymore.

In modern WWE a crazy gimmick will eventually be a death sentence

I miss heel truth

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was still on my 10 year break from wresting during that whole thing but from what I've seen it seemed fantastic.

It was pretty awesome and worth looking at. If you have the Network all those Raws are up. Just gotta find dates. R-Truth got an invisible person over and main evented a PPV.

Mahonay

Banned
stone cold foxxy was the first divas gimmick i had relative interest in since mickie james the stalker. not counting the unofficial MMAksana gimmick
90 percent of Diva gimmicks have involved lesbian dark magic in some shape or form.

That Dunn influence.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
truth, paranoid stone cold, and mickie james are the only convincing 'crazy person' gimmicks in wwe. every other one looks phony as fuck.

These are the people we choose to be associated with:

Isn't the WWE Universe the best fanbase ever, Maggle?

Am I missing something from those comments? It just seems like regular wrassle talk. I mean there were people who believed there were 3 different Ultimate Warriors.

i haven't seen much of r truth since i've only watched this past year but yeah he does seem convincingly nutso. i don't like the 20 year old LA slang thing they make him do but his overall demeanour is pretty entertaining.

Fox318

Shit I would have at least comeback with "Thanks, nice job main eventing the last 3 Wrestlemania's".
He tried to laugh it off and he just looked at the ground.

One of those burns you know made him cry inside and he had nothing he could shoot back with.

acrid

Banned
Got an interesting email for a Raw house show on May 30 here in Greensboro. Cena vs Rusev for the US title is the main event. Kind of makes me think Lesnar will retain or at least win the title back before then. I'd think if Reigns or Rollins were to be the world champ, they'd be appearing at house shows.

I also think this means Cena overcomes at Mania, and Rusev begins his downward spiral into oblivion.

Got an interesting email for a Raw house show on May 30 here in Greensboro. Cena vs Rusev for the US title is the main event. Kind of makes me think Lesnar will retain or at least win the title back before then. I'd think if Reigns or Rollins were to be the world champ, they'd be appearing at house shows.

Regins and Rollins are booked for a house show in Texas the following night, so obviously they're going to have two groups touring with WWEWHC Reigns on one and WWEUSC Cena on the other.

Kaladin

I got that e-mail too, and it didn't have a match announcement, just that Cena, Rusev and Bryan were three featured superstars.

I can't believe the promo video for the IC right now on the Network has a comedic music. Is this how they want to give importance to the championship?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shit I would have at least comeback with "Thanks, nice job main eventing the last 3 Wrestlemania's".

miz can simply say, 'maybe you can pretend you were on a wrestlemania card. you're good at pretending to be things you're not ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'

Kaladin

NXT Champion Kevin Owens was on CBS Radio's The Chad Dukes Wrestling Show & Chad Dukes Versus The World Wednesday to discuss NXT, Sami Zayn, his knee injury, Brock Lesnar, and more.

On who he'd like to see join NXT: "I feel like Adam Cole would be a great addition to NXT, a guy like Cedric Alexander also would be really good but they'd all have to come through me first and that won't work out that good. Samoa Joe: "I'm open to a challenge from anyone, including Samoa Joe, I'll just put that one out there."

On his time in NXT so far: "I was so excited to sign with WWE because it's been my dream since I was a kid and I was 11 years old when I first saw WrestleMania and knew that's what I had to do in life. It took a while to get here but now that I am here I'm not going to wait in line or do anything by the book. I took the bull by the horns as they say and two months after my debut I'm the NXT champion. So it's going pretty well so far, it's a really special feeling to be part of something that's growing and that people are so excited about. To be at the forefront of it because I'm the champion makes it even better."

On Brock Lesnar: "As a fan him, re-signing is incredibly exciting. As a competitor, it's even better because of the chance of getting to be in that ring with him one day is something that motivates me. I've been a Brock Lesnar fan since the first time I saw him. I was there when he made his debut in Montreal, the night after WrestleMania 18 and from the get go I was like, "this guy's awesome." I even named my dog Brock as a tribute, whatever you wanna call it, so I'm a big fan of his. The fact that he's gonna be sticking around here for a while and gonna do great things with WWE is exciting all around but yeah I'd love to be in the ring with him."

Owens vs Joe? That could be something.

Also, they've got a built in gimmick for Owens vs Lesnar to happen down the line.

Kaladin

Their build up for this is hilariously at odds with it being a grueling ladder match.

Wasn't there a clause at one time, that played into some finish that you had to securely hold the belt as you took it off the ladder to win?

If so, I could see something like that coming into play.

Mahonay

Banned
hardcore matches for the sake of being a hardcore match would be a waste. Unless I missed something, the only thing close to a blood feud on that WM card is Rusev/Cena and that match type wouldn't benefit either man's gimmick.
I think he just means hardcore in the sense that ladder matches are usually pretty brutal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think he just means hardcore in the sense that ladder matches are usually pretty brutal.

I don't mean it in the strict sense either. No matches on that card have the kind of build to justify a match where the opponents want to kill each other except for Rusev vs Cena.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't mean it in the strict sense either. No matches on that card have the kind of build to justify a match where the opponents want to kill each other except for Rusev vs Cena.
If we go a little further and just talk about matches that have builds that even warrant a Mania match, then Rusev and Cena is the only match on that card that does that.

Everything else is half baked or ham-fisted.

It's sad when The Evil Commies Vs America storyline is the strongest one.

Top Bottom