• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I don't mean it in the strict sense either. No matches on that card have the kind of build to justify a match where the opponents want to kill each other except for Rusev vs Cena.

I'd say that Reigns/Lesnar also has that kind of build, if only because the entire thing has been build up on the grounds that Brock is an inhuman monster who destroys merely because it brings him joy to see a puny mortal's life drain from their body.

Mahonay

Banned
I'd say that Reigns/Lesnar also has that kind of build, if only because the entire thing has been build up on the grounds that Brock is an inhuman monster who destroys merely because it brings him joy to see a puny mortal's life drain from their body.
Yep, it's a big match mostly because Brock is in it.

And it has the extra attention around it from the fan discussion about Reigns being terrible, which I'm sure is not what Vince was aiming for.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If we go a little further and just talk about matches that have builds that even warrant a Mania match, then Rusev and Cena is the only match on that card that does that.

Everything else is half baked or ham-fisted.

It's sad when The Evil Commies Vs America storyline is the strongest one.

The funny thingi s that Cena and Rusev was so thrown together to spark it. It says something about Rusev, but it says a LOT about Cena's status that it makes it the only interesting looking feud on the card.

But keep this in perspective. This is EXACTLY how Wyatt/Cena went.

Alucard

Banned
Watching last night's Lucha Underground. Do you guys think Dario Cueto has Vince's thirst for "the look"?

WXPFWGi.gif

Mahonay

Banned
The funny thingi s that Cena and Rusev was so thrown together to spark it. It says something about Rusev, but it says a LOT about Cena's status that it makes it the only interesting looking feud on the card.

But keep this in perspective. This is EXACTLY how Wyatt/Cena went.
This year has definitely given me a whole new appreciation for Cena that I didn't have before

And yes, Rusev is proving to be special

From what I remember Wyatt vs Cena wasn't half as hot as this build has been. Even if Wyatt was over, Vince probably assumed it was his fault the audience wasn't really buying it, thus the bury job he suffered for some months there. I think Rusev will be fine, he can afford to lose to Cena in this case.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This year has definitely given me a whole new appreciation for Cena that I didn't have before

And yes, Rusev is proving to be special

From what I remember Wyatt vs Cena wasn't half as hot as this build has been. Even if Wyatt was over, Vince probably assumed it was his fault the audience wasn't really buying it, thus the bury job he suffered for some months there. I think Rusev will be fine, he can afford to lose to Cena in this case.

Wyatt/Cena was much hotter than this feud currently is

Cena/Rusev being the only really hot feud this 'Mania will be used by Vince to keep Cena on top until 2020 once even he realizes the Reign's experiment is a flop.

Kaladin

Maybe I don't remember it being hot because fuck I was just not interested in it at all.

OK this is hilarious. Didn't watch a lot of WCW and never saw this.

It was in August of 1997, just look up Kevin Nash as Arn Anderson and you're sure to find a video or two.

Oh it's definitely tasteless.

This is the same company that made fun of JR's Bell's Palsy on air.

And had Scott Hall pretend to be drunk to make light of his real life substance abuse issues.

And threw a guy onto the entrance ramp from the second floor of their triple-decker steel cage in the same building Owen Hart died in.

And tried to get Owen's brother to preform similarly insane stunts such as trying to drive a car on an iced-over rampway.

Mahonay

Banned
And had Scott Hall pretend to be drunk to make light of his real life substance abuse issues.

And threw a guy onto the entrance ramp from the second floor of their triple-decker steel cage in the same building Owen Hart died in.

And tried to get Owen's brother to preform similarly insane stunts such as trying to drive a car on an iced-over rampway.
I've seen the Scott Hall stuff where he's out there with a drink. All I could think is "holy fuck".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rey's one of those guys that I'm surprised lasted in wrestling so long. Not because of his body but because everything I've heard about him makes it sound like he's pretty sensitive(explainable given the stuff that's gone on in his life). I remember someone telling a story that they went to a signing of his and asked him to sign it 'Eddie Guerrero' when Rey had the title and was doing all the EG stuff and he went to the guy later and asked 'is that really what everyone thinks of me?'

Zach

Rey's one of those guys that I'm surprised lasted in wrestling so long. Not because of his body but because everything I've heard about him makes it sound like he's pretty sensitive(explainable given the stuff that's gone on in his life). I remember someone telling a story that they went to a signing of his and asked him to sign it 'Eddie Guerrero' when Rey had the title and was doing all the EG stuff and he went to the guy later and asked 'is that really what everyone thinks of me?'

What a terrible person. Who would do that to someone? "Sign it as your dead friend, dude." Jeeesus.

Alucard

Banned
Man, last night's Lucha Underground main event was really good. Easy 4/5 for me. Going on my list. March has been tremendous.

Alucard

Banned
Current Faves of 2015:

Jan 4th AJ Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito 3.75/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 4th Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi 5/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 4th Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.25/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 7th Aztec Warfare Match 4.5/5 (Lucha Underground)
Jan 14th Aerostar vs. Argenis vs. Angelico vs. Cage 4/5 (Lucha Underground)
Jan 18th Volador Jr. vs. Gran Guerrero 3.75/5 (NJPW - Fantasticamania Night 1)
Jan 25th Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar 4.5/5 (WWE - Royal Rumble)
Feb 11th Tomoaki Honma vs. Kota Ibushi 4.25/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 11th Young Bucks vs. Time Splitters vs. reDRagon 3.75/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 11th AJ Styles vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 14th Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii 5/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Sendai)
Feb 14th The Young Bucks and AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal, ACH, and Cedric Alexander 3.75/5 (ROH - TV ep.178)
March 5th Satoshi Kojima vs. Katsuyori Shibata 3.75/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.1)
March 5th Tetsuya Naito vs. Karl Anderson 4.25/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.1)
March 8th Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto 3.5/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.2)
March 11th Johnny Mundo vs. King Cuerno 4.25/5 (Lucha Underground - cage match)
March 13th EC3 vs. Rockstar Spud Hair vs. Hair 4/5 for the angle/story (TNA Impact Wrestling)
March 15th Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi 4.75/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Finals - semi-final)
March 15th Kota Ibushi vs. Hirooki Goto 4.5/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Finals - final)
March 18th Mil Muertes vs. Fenix Grave Consequences 4.5/5 (Lucha Underground)
March 20th Kurt Angle vs. Lashley 4/5 (TNA Impact Wrestling)
March 25th Cage vs. Prince Puma 4/5 (Lucha Underground)

Mr.Swag

Banned
Caught up with Lucha Underground up to last week.

God the shows amazing. Such cool shit every episode.

Need to see last nights episode.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, we really need to NOT use the safeword.

notworksafe is banned due to talking bad about Sony in here.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, NWS - hope you enjoy Mania

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
YOSHI-HASHI has no excuse to look that poor though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rey decided to hang it up? A shame, but...I can't say I blame him. It must be impossible to process, to get over that tragedy for him. It's still so fresh. :(

Top Bottom