• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

...my brother still does this.

In 2015.

uXpvg12.gif

Sephzilla

ICQ was what the weird old grandpas in Ultima Online used.

Everquest kids who were cool used AIM.

The Matrix Online straight up had AIM integration into it, so you could find out what friends/clan folk were doing without even needing to log in. And then WB sold the game to Sony and Sony stripped all of the fun out of it.

Bandini

Hey, at least ICQ is dead. There's that.

-Ninja edit... Holy fuck, it's not: http://www.icq.com/en

America Online still has 2.4 million paying dialup customers. Let that sink in for a minute.

A couple years ago I did some computer work for an old lady who had worked in military intelligence. She was still sharp as a tack. When I suggested she replace AOL with cable or DSL, she wouldn't listen, insisting that "It's so easy" and "I get all my news and email right there, and I can search for anything!"

Sephzilla

America Online still has 2.4 million paying dialup customers. Let that sink in for a minute.

A couple years ago I did some computer work for an old lady who had worked in military intelligence. She was still sharp as a tack. When I suggested she replace AOL with cable or DSL, she wouldn't listen, insisting that "It's so easy" and "I get all my news and email right there, and I can search for anything!"

uXpvg12.gif
uXpvg12.gif
uXpvg12.gif

Trust me, for every person like her who still thinks AOL is the best service out there, there's at least 10,000 more who are forced to use them out of neccessity since America's broadband coverage is complete ass. Hell, I only got a shitty provisional DSL line a few years ago, and it still only has a 1 megabit download speed.

Aiii

So not worth it
That was actually pretty good.

Itami gonna hit that GTS one day.

I kind of hope it takes him years.

It'll be the greatest moment ever, years from now he finally gets his big Mania moment when he GTS's whoever on the twentyfive-man pre-show tag bout.

Cagey

Banned

My grandmother still uses AOL, though she has broadband. Old people like what they like, and she likes the AOL interface. I've had to install Chrome on her desktop for whenever she needs tech help because I just can't do that anymore.

Though I'm not above searching for gokusherobar in the AOL User Made Chat Rooms. SiM bruh.

My brother organizes all his wanna-go-pro competitive CS team stuff via modern programs, but occasionally he has to resort to IRC and ICQ and these other relics from the 1990s for a couple dopes that no one should use or remember existed anymore.

Hasney

I bought broadband for my house before I left and now my mums up 16Mbit, but she still pays an extra £9.99 for AOL dial-up so she can connect through her broadband as she runs quizzes in AOL chatrooms using some Trivium software.

Whatever makes her happy.

Aiii

So not worth it
I bought broadband for my house before I left and now my mums up 16Mbit, but she still pays an extra £9.99 for AOL dial-up so she can connect through her broadband as she runs quizzes in AOL chatrooms using some Trivium software.

Whatever makes her happy.

Was actually listening to a Trivium track right now, go figure.

Speaking of Mbit's, I'm now up to 200. I still remember getting broadband super late (2002) since the cable company gave no fucks and kept postponing its launch from 1999 onwards.

Oh those days on dial-up, how anyone could still enjoy that I don't even want to know.

Hasney

I'm up to 150 mbit and they keep upping the speed without upping the cost, which is nice.

Virgin are trialling 1.5Gbit right now, so hopefully that comes soon.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm up to 150 mbit and they keep upping the speed without upping the cost, which is nice.

Virgin are trialling 1.5Gbit right now, so hopefully that comes soon.

NL is insane in this regard, no data caps, 60 bucks a month for TV, including a DVR and HD channels, and 200/20 Mbit connection. And Net Neutrality so none of this Comcast/Netflix shenanigans either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to talk antiquated, nerd chat is the most antiquated. Surprised you didn't have to blow off some dust when setting up that room.

lol @ people thinking GAF is turning on Itami for simply pointing out he's not ready for the main roster.

IRC chat is what's antiquated as fuck. Message boards are probably next in line though.

I did blow dust off of it - it is very old

Come on, bean breath isn't here anymore. We can go back to swearing for real, you cock sucking, mother fucking, shit eating sons of bitches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, bean breath isn't here anymore. We can go back to swearing for real, you cock sucking, mother fucking, shit eating sons of bitches.

Ready for sunday when you eat the worst avatar bet of all time? What sucks is that both of your compatriots have been banned, which really...sucks.

Hasney

NL is insane in this regard, no data caps, 60 bucks a month for TV, including a DVR and HD channels, and 200/20 Mbit connection. And Net Neutrality so none of this Comcast/Netflix shenanigans either.

Pay £35 a month for 150/20 so I'm happy. Never been slowed down or anything which is awesome too. No TV package though as my mum just gives me her login for Sky TV.

Plus, unlimited 4G on my phone for the same amount per months is just ridiculous.

Watch your language.

It's OK. I forgive Plywood of all misdeeds as I always do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yoji Anjo's retirement show was a ton of fun.
8o2AL6B.gif

MiSu showing the GHC title the respect it deserves.
Anjo taunts Suzuki when he tries to tag out which is pretty funny. Suzuki and Sanae spend the whole match trying to fight each other which leaves Funaki with all the hard work.
eNMUR7n.gif

AcZpCXr.gif

tumblr_nluvmganjp1qf7xjao6_250.gif

Xater

It's about the same here. I was shocked when I had to learn people pay extra in the US for DVR functionality. For 60€ I get Internet, HDTV, a DVR and a landline. Oh and of course no caps.

Ready for sunday when you eat the worst avatar bet of all time? What sucks is that both of your compatriots have been banned, which really...sucks.

Only Verendus has been banned, Bandini's still alive. Besides, Brock being re-signed means shit about who's going to win on Sunday. Vince ain't going to make his golden boy look like a chump in front of the world on the grandest stage of them all. Believe That.

Hasney

Time to put old ass wrasslegafers out to pasture.

Only those under 25 and Sunny can stay.

So you can make this a thread for uggos? Please

tumblr_inline_nhbt3atJIz1t3ror3.gif

Only Verendus has been banned, Bandini's still alive. Besides, Brock being re-signed means shit about who's going to win on Sunday. Vince ain't going to make his golden boy look like a chump in front of the world on the grandest stage of them all. Believe That.

notworksafe is done too

Top Bottom