• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
That's Tanahashi for you, knows exactly when and when not to be a jerk. Naito should go back to that, I'm not liking him as much now he's a smiley member of the New Japan Sekigun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They're really building up Atsushi vs Kotaro with Kotaro winning the title and Miyahara in general in AJPW.

Honestly, it might be the thing I'm most excited about in wrestling right now. And Naoya Nomura is honestly the most promising young lion in any promotion right now to me.
B_Zx_taUIAA3JXC.jpg

I find it difficult to compare the young lions, the All Japan ones get a lot more singles matches than the New Japan ones do - mainly because that was Baba's style of presenting them, with more singles matches vs the veterans, rather than the way New Japan do it with random tag matches and the occasional singles match where the young lions face each other.

I'm really looking forward to Watanabe & Hiromu returning from their excursions, though - firstly, because Tanaka & Komatsu can finally leave on their own excursions, but also because it's going to be interesting to see where the returning guys slot in. Watanabe's probably going to be a heavyweight, seems to be building a Goto-like look, but is working a heel quite a fair bit. Hiromu's obviously going to be a junior and I was very impressed with him in the mask vs mask match against Dragon Lee.

Recall

That does signify the kind of push whoever wins it is going to get.

Or how they are always unable to throw their own undercard a bone. Always that uphill struggle.

Also why are people upset that Balor isn't in the preshow battle royal? Bring in it isn't a push or confidence you are great, it is way better that he is as far away from that thing as possible. WWE have bigger plans.

Alucard

Banned
What if...

Hideo Itami does the GTS during the battle royal? What would the reaction be from all the fans who don't watch NXT but still remember CM Punk?

Aiii

So not worth it
Ric Flair going "fuck you WWE, Sting was in TNA for 14 years and so were Booker and I, what the hell kind of lame ass storyline are you doing here?" just warms my heart.

Guy just doesn't give a fuck.

Alucard

Banned
Ric Flair going "fuck you WWE, Sting was in TNA for 14 years and so were Booker and I, what the hell kind of lame ass storyline are you doing here?" just warms my heart.

Where is this from? Missed it yesterday.

It is impressive WWE have gone this entire Sting run without even hinting that Sting was somewhere else for the last decade and a half.

Trying to think of times WWE have hinted that TNA existed.

During the Summer of Punk when everyone was shootin' and Cena said to Vince "I can always go somewhere else BROTHER!" when Hogan was in TNA.

When Heyman said something like "this guy is the toughest man in any ring. 4 sides or 6" in like... 2007. I forget who he was managing or what the context was.

When Kid Kash showed up at ECW One Night Stand and was called "Mr TNA" by a annoucer. He was actually under contract with TNA at the time and ended up getting fired for showing up in WWE.

And I think thats it.

Itami getting a Wrestlemania moment and payday is awesome for that dude. Took him awhile to adjust to the WWE style but he has had some fun matches the last few weeks. Good to see a guy work hard and not bitch & moan about his spot get rewarded for once.

Alucard

Banned
It is impressive WWE have gone this entire Sting run without even hinting that Sting was somewhere else for the last decade and a half.

Trying to think of times WWE have hinted that TNA existed.

During the Summer of Punk when everyone was shootin' and Cena said to Vince "I can always go somewhere else BROTHER!" when Hogan was in TNA.

When Heyman said something like "this guy is the toughest man in any ring. 4 sides or 6" in like... 2007. I forget who he was managing or what the context was.

When Kid Kash showed up at ECW One Night Stand and was called "Mr TNA" by a annoucer. He was actually under contract with TNA at the time and ended up getting fired for showing up in WWE.

And I think thats it.

Kaval/Low Ki also mentioned "making an impact" when on NXT. Don't remember the whole promo, but he was clearly referring to TNA.

Hasney

Itami getting a Wrestlemania moment and payday is awesome for that dude. Took him awhile to adjust to the WWE style but he has had some fun matches the last few weeks. Good to see a guy work hard and not bitch & moan about his spot get rewarded for once.

Honestly, Tyler/Itami 2 out of 3 is probably my most anticipated match, even more so than the eventual Zayn/Owens rematch.

Kaval/Low Ki also mentioned "making an impact" when on NXT. Don't remember the whole promo, but he was clearly referring to TNA.

Which is probably why he cashed in his title shot for ANY WWE title in a losing effort for the IC belt.

Hasney

So are these Wrestlemania Today things getting people that weren't that hyped hyped for WM? I don't want this one to be the first one I miss live in years, but at the same time, I don't feel like wasting my sleep time at 1am.

They acknowledged them with by firing someone over this:

GrLE2m4.jpg

Such a fucking dick move by TNA.

TNA has always been super shameless about stuff like that.

I remember TNA milked that 6 sided ring comment by Heyman for a while as well.

Its probably why WWE have a real strict "TNA doesnt exist here" policy now.

I also think Flair mentioned them another time as well back when he first returned on one of those Legends of Wrestling shows.

Hasney

Fuck it, just added a bottle of vodka and a four pack of Monster to my online grocery shop AKA the ultimate standards lowerer.

Aiii

So not worth it
I been clean of caffeine for about a week. Probably why I sleep so much.

Why would you do this?

WHY?

Stop it. You stop it right now.

If I can be serious for a moment.Glorious coffee, the drink of drinks, the granddaddy of them all. The best drink there, there was and there ever will be, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the whole f'n drink, if you want to drink the drink, you have to drink that drink. It's true, it's DAMN true. What I'd like to do right now, is for all of you fat, out of shape, WrassleGAF sweathogs, to stop posting while I take my robe off and show all the ladies what a real man drinks. Give me my coffee. If you smellellelllellell what the Aiii is drinking! AAAAAH! WHAT A RUSH! So, if you love coffee, give me a hell yeah!

Hasney

You can do better than cheap Russian liquor and sugar sludge, friend. #teamscotchandespresso

I think you'll find it's sugar free!! Also, it's espresso vodka... They're not being mixed, I'm having it straight. It's so goddamn nice, but I love anything coffee flavoured.

Why would you do this?

WHY?

If I can be serious for a moment.Glorious coffee, the drink of drinks, the granddaddy of them all. The best drink there, there was and there ever will be, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the whole f'n drink, if you want to drink the drink, you have to drink that drink. It's true, it's DAMN true. What I'd like to do right now, is for all of you fat, out of shape, WrassleGAF sweathogs, to stop posting while I take my robe off and show all the ladies what a real man drinks. Give me my coffee. If you smellellelllellell what the Aiii is drinking! AAAAAH! WHAT A RUSH! So, if you love coffee, give me a hell yeah!

A few of those weren't on coffee when they cut those promos, that's for sure.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think you'll find it's sugar free!! Also, it's espresso vodka... They're not being mixed, I'm having it straight. It's so goddamn nice, but I love anything coffee flavoured.

A few of those weren't on coffee when they cut those promos, that's for sure.

Never underestimate the buzz you can get from five liters of black gold, brother Hasney.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would you do this?

WHY?

The only fat sweathogs around here are the ones still drinking coffee.
dean.jpg

Tea > coffee

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tea is pretty good but not unsweetened tea. That's basically just gross water. Just drink water if you're gonna drink that.

Hasney

From the renting a stripper for Wrestlemania thread.

It's for the pre show. I'm not gonna rent one during the actual mania, I'm not that weird.
Do I get her flowers? Or just hand her over money?

Clearly the battle royal isn't enough to draw in viewers and it would be weird having a stripper show up during the main card.

EDIT

This is a lot more work that I thought. I don't want to feed her, I don't want it to feel awkward. In my head I assumed I just hand her over a couple hundred. She dances during the Andre the giant battle royal, then leaves. No lap dances, no weird stuff.

That sunuvvabitch wanted a stripper while the prestigious Andre The Giant Memorial Pre-Show Battle Royal was occurring. Outrageous.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
From the renting a stripper for Wrestlemania thread.

Clearly the battle royal isn't enough to draw in viewers and it would be weird having a stripper show up during the main card.

EDIT

That sunuvvabitch wanted a stripper while the prestigious Andre The Giant Memorial Pre-Show Battle Royal was occurring. Outrageous.
Exposing the business.

Hasney

I love the taste of coffee and have a pot of decaff at work for when I'm already awake but fancy drinking a black coffee because it's so nice.

If I need a proper kick, I'll get anxiety in a can.

Bandini

Itami beat Balor to gain entry to the Andre Battle Royale? Good stuff. I know a lot of people in here flood their basements for Finn, but Hideo is a much more exciting prospect to me.

Hasney

Itami beat Balor to gain entry to the Andre Battle Royale? Good stuff. I know a lot of people in here flood their basements for Finn, but Hideo is a much more exciting prospect to me.

I think it's a good move. Finn can make an impact on his own, Itami can make an impact with a good showing.

Just don't make him throw Axel out or the crowd will turn on him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bruce Tharpe givin' some goods:

"Month 1 at NWA Classics will be amazing! You will see at least 2 World Title Matches - Flair vs Wahoo and Race vs Andre! History recorded!"

Wait...we're the same age?

DM...I think we're the last of a dying breed.

nice try Beef, we all know you're pushing 50

jred2k

Being in these battle royales has never been a hot shot to the main roster anyways. Bo took a long time to get on the roster after RR 2013 and Rusev didn't start having proper matches until April last year. It's just a way to get them some experience and exposure.

nice try Beef, we all know you're pushing 50

I'm legit shook there are people that old that are still Sonic fans.

Aiii

So not worth it
6 months into 31 already. Time flies friends.

Why are we all 31, doesn't wrestling create new fans anymore?

Top Bottom