• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jred2k

It's unknown if they will tape matches there or not, they easily could.

I'm betting we at least get a highlights video on the pre-show or Wrestlemania Today.

In that cam footage of Balor and Itami's match you can see a WWE cameraman outside the ring, so I'm guessing we see footage in some form. It would be cool if we get some of it on the network, but if they start putting up too much NXT content it could burn people out. NXT is what it is right now because they leave you wanting more.

Aiii

So not worth it
Who watches this WM Today nonsense? I saw a bit of Cole and Booker T talking for a couple of minutes and thought it was insufferable.Having them do Kayfabe analysis outside of commentary is so fucking dumb. There is nothing interesting about that.

I did, I enjoyed it. It's fun.

If "it's not real" is our standard, why are we watching Mania?

Xater

In that cam footage of Balor and Itami's match you can see a WWE cameraman outside the ring, so I'm guessing we see footage in some form. It would be cool if we get some of it on the network, but if they start putting up too much NXT content it could burn people out. NXT is what it is right now because they leave you wanting more.

I don't expect them to put house shows up, but this tournament would have made sense. I mean people follow NXT and probably want to see this. I mean it's important for NXT and Wrestlemania.

That's not what I said. I said kayfabe analysis and predictions are bullshit. I just can't take it. Nothing about it is interesting or fun. These guys suck and for the most part people know what's really up.

jred2k

To hopefully see good matches? I'd watch it just to see Booker get to be entretaining for a few hours, but the kayfabe analysis does come off pretty silly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NEERRRDDD CHATTTT

I'm sure someone will kindly remind us of the details. It's been a while for us Europeans who have jobs and shit.

Nerd Chat is always up, we have regulars

If you're not one, get with it

irc.synirc.net
#wrasslegaf

Aiii

So not worth it
I was entertained by the interviews and video packages. I guess entertainment doesn't count when its a kayfabe program about a kayfabe wrestling show.

Hey, if you don't enjoy it, that's fine. But your arguments against it are not very good.

kiguel182

I don't expect them to put house shows up, but this tournament would have made sense. I mean people follow NXT and probably want to see this. I mean it's important for NXT and Wrestlemania.

That's not what I said. I said kayfabe analysis and predictions are bullshit. I just can't take it. Nothing about it is interesting or fun. These guys suck and for the most part people know what's really up.

I agree. Kayfabe commentary or analysis is really dumb. I mean, what's the point of it?

Messier75

Neo Member

CBD0EgBWcAAub8c.png

That was worth watching.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I want a Champions triple threat match after wrestlemania
Have the WWE, Intercontinental and US champ fight for a bit.

Would be cool. Maybe have H call them into the ring one by one, all holding their respective belts over their heads, then the brawl start, and everyone holds their own pretty well, of course the WWE champ would win tho, but it would be very close

zychi

Banned
24 going 25

Poor Mick

I want a Champions triple threat match after wrestlemania
Have the WWE, Intercontinental and US champ fight for a bit.

Would be cool. Maybe have H call them into the ring one by one, all holding their respective belts over their heads, then the brawl start, and everyone holds their own pretty well, of course the WWE champ would win tho, but it would be very close

Do this at Night of Champions, but have a 3 falls match. Have IC champ become WWE and US champ, US champ become IC, and Roman Reigns can go home.

kiguel182

See: If this is the Reigns that exists outside of scripting; I get why WWE is so high on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMGw9mQeP0

This is looking more and more like micromanaging is killing Reigns' personality more than anything else.

I mean, was there any doubt that he is a good looking, well presented guy?

But I'm a consumer of their product. And, for me, he does nothing to me. And it's all that matters. If he is a nice guy or not it's irrelevant.

Mahonay

Banned
Speaking of the WrestleMania Today show, I'm still legit pissed at Miz for that brutal burial of Graves. That's cold as fuck burning him on the fact he'll never wrestle again. Graves just looked devastated and had no comeback, just softy laughed and said "that's right, that's right."

Speaking of the WrestleMania Today show, I'm still legit pissed at Miz for that brutal burial of Graves. That's cold as fuck burning him on the fact he'll never wrestle again. Graves just looked devastated and had no comeback, just softy laughed and said "that's right, that's right."

Fuck man, first Riley, then Miz. :(

kiguel182

Is there a video of that?

That just seems so evil. Especially since Graves clearly loves wrestling and it's not like he had a choice. Fuck Miz.

Xater

That's not the first time that happened. Didn't Riley say the same shit?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I mean, was there any doubt that he is a good looking, well presented guy?

But I'm a consumer of their product. And, for me, he does nothing to me. And it's all that matters. If he is a nice guy or not it's irrelevant.

I mean; it's what matters to me as a consumer of their product, though. Same reason I like D-Bry; he seems like a genuine dude who is just having a blast kicking people's butts.

That's just me, though.

Evolve 40 tonight
E
VOLVE 40 - Friday, March 27th- 3pm PST, 6pm EST

First Time Ever Dream Match

Ricochet vs. PJ Black

Bonus Main Event - Non-Title

EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. Uhaa Nation

Grudge Tag Team Match

Johnny Gargano & Rich Swann vs. Caleb Konley & Brian Cage with So Cal Val

Special Challenge Match #1

Chris Hero vs. Biff Busick

Special Challenge Match #2

Timothy Thatcher vs. Tommy End

Special Attraction Match

AR Fox vs. Ethan Page

Pro Wrestling Clinic

Drew Gulak vs. TJ Perkins

and King of the indies

First Round Tournament Matches:

B-Boy vs. Brian Cage

jeff Cobb vs. Rik Luxury

Rey Horus vs. Lil Cholo

Jody Kristofferson vs. Willie Mack

Jeckles vs. Luster the Legend

Adam Thornstowe vs. Shaun Ricker

Vincenzo Massaro vs. El Mariachi

Dylan Drake vs. Timothy Thatcher

Special Attraction Match

Ricochet vs. Matt Cross vs. Joey Ryan

Plus a Huge 20 Man Battle Royal!

Mahonay

Banned
Is there a video of that?

That just seems so evil. Especially since Graves clearly loves wrestling and it's not like he had a choice. Fuck Miz.
If you have WWE Network watch WrestleMania Today and skip to where they have Miz and Mizdow on.

I get the feeling Graves is a hardworking but just an overly nice guy that doesn't do a great job at defending himself from some of the harsher politics that goes on in the biz. It looks like from the outside that some of the other guys see him as an easy target. Seeing he's still somewhat fresh to it all I'm sure he'll learn how to handle that kind of stuff a lot better as time goes on.

Xater

I've been trying to figure out who the idiot is that says "for the win" every time someone does a pin on NXT. Has to be Rich Brennan or Tom Philips.Does anyone know for sure? Whoever it is that guy sucks. Graves was better on his first day on the job.

kiguel182

I'm really curious to see how Itami is going to get booked on Sunday. Unfortunately I think he has zero chance of getting an actual push when he gets to the main roster but I'm curious and carefully optimistic.

If you have WWE Network watch WrestleMania Today and skip to where they have Miz and Mizdow on.

I get the feeling Graves is a hardworking but just an overly nice guy that doesn't do a great job at defending himself from some of the harsher politics that goes on in the biz. It looks like from the outside that some of the other guys see him as an easy target. Seeing he's still somewhat fresh to it all I'm sure he'll learn how to handle that kind of stuff a lot better as time goes on.

Dealing with those kind of comments is something he shouldn't have to do.

Zach

Hideo won the tourny?! Sweeeeet.

And you guys are being such weenies about Graves. He would've never survived Heenan or Ventura. >_>

Penguin

Listening to the Steve Austin show, it's weird to think of how many classic WrestleMania matches came about by accident

Savage/Flair
Bret/Austin
Cena/HBK
Daniel Bryan/HHH
Daniel Bryan/Batista/orton

I hate how they have to try and put reasons on everything, like D-Bry and Dolph can't just wrestle to see who the best is etc.

"YOU KNOW WHAT IS INTERESTING? THE INTERCONTINENTAL BELT IS THE ONLY ONE DANIEL BRYAN HASN'T WON DESPITE WINNING MORE IMPORTANT THINGS ALREADY SO HE'S SO DESPERATE TO WIN IT! SERIOUSLY GUYS!!"

What, has he got like a Pokedex for titles or something and needs this one to complete it?

Mahonay

Banned
I've been trying to figure out who the idiot is that says "for the win" every time someone does a pin on NXT. Has to be Rich Brennan or Tom Philips.Does anyone know for sure? Whoever it is that guy sucks. Graves was better on his first day on the job.
Graves is the closest thing they've had to a prodigy as an announcer.

Ithil

What's the story behind this?

It was supposed to be HHH vs Shawn Michaels, but then Shawn (who was still full on drug addict at the time) showed up to an event and passed out in Vince's office in a painkiller haze. Vince was pissed and fired him on the spot, and Michaels also lashed out at HHH and didn't speak to him for a year (after he had gotten clean and Nash told him to make up with HHH).

And it was HHH trying to bring Michaels back to help him out that had him at the event in the first place.

Top Bottom