• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

Graves is the closest thing they've had to a prodigy as an announcer.

Hmmm... I don't know, guys. He's okay. Has the occasional stumble and stammer. Knows his stuff for the most part. Except I was a little let down when he didn't have a name for the top-rope move Owens did in the last NXT -- "I don't even know what kind of suplex that is!" He's a little exaggerated and overly excited, like it's a struggle to get the words out. But he's usually on point when it comes to selling the psychology of a match.

Anyway, I'm just saying he has a bright future, but let's not get carried away!

Guzim

It was supposed to be HHH vs Shawn Michaels, but then Shawn (who was still full on drug addict at the time) showed up to an event and passed out in Vince's office in a painkiller haze. Vince was pissed and fired him on the spot, and Michaels also lashed out at HHH and didn't speak to him for a year (after he had gotten clean and Nash told him to make up with HHH).

And it was HHH trying to bring Michaels back to help him out that had him at the event in the first place.

Thanks!

Mahonay

Banned
It was supposed to be HHH vs Shawn Michaels, but then Shawn (who was still full on drug addict at the time) showed up to an event and passed out in Vince's office in a painkiller haze. Vince was pissed and fired him on the spot, and Michaels also lashed out at HHH and didn't speak to him for a year (after he had gotten clean and Nash told him to make up with HHH).

And it was HHH trying to bring Michaels back to help him out that had him at the event in the first place.
WM25Michaels_original.jpg

Zach

I've never heard him, but I know he has to be better than anyone doing WWE commentary on the main shows.

That's true. Well, all I really know is Cole, King and JBL. I think Booker is full-time now? And I have no idea who's doing Smackdown!

Mahonay

Banned
Hmmm... I don't know, guys. He's okay. Has the occasional stumble and stammer. Knows his stuff for the most part. Except I was a little let down when he didn't have a name for the top-rope move Owens did in the last NXT -- "I don't even know what kind of suplex that is!" He's a little exaggerated and overly excited, like it's a struggle to get the words out. But he's usually on point when it comes to selling the psychology of a match.

Anyway, I'm just saying he has a bright future, but let's not get carried away!
Compared to what we have to compare him against in the WWE, I think there's plenty reason to get excited about just how much potential he has as an announcer.

Zach

Compared to what we have to compare him against in the WWE, I think there's plenty reason to get excited about just how much potential he has as an announcer.

Yeah, I'm with you there.

Oh, and why isn't Regal doing commentary? Or is he on a show I don't watch? I remember him doing a couple of NXTs that I watched.

In two more days the empire of Rome starts

For the longest time I thought Lesnar was winning, now that he's re-signed I've started to think Reigns is winning. I feel like Vince and his team have this match planned down to every rest hold and superman punch, figuring that if Roman puts up even a halfway mediocre match, there will be enough people to defend him as being amazing .

The better story is Brock the God King dominating even Vince's chosen one, but I think Vince is making up for last year's one that got away.

Don't even care about DB. Rollins should be the one turning face and taking the strap from Lesnar, at some point later this year. He's earned it. The guy cuts great promos, he's carried so many matches, done crazy spots and has crossover appeal He also is in better shape than Reigns. Find some way to get Dean over as a heel, reverse and revisit the feud with Ambrose and Rollins

Zach

For the longest time I thought Lesnar was winning, now that he's re-signed I've started to think Reigns is winning. I feel like Vince and his team have this match planned down to every rest hold and superman punch, figuring that if Roman puts up even a halfway mediocre match, there will be enough people to defend him as being amazing .

The better story is Brock the God King dominating even Vince's chosen one, but I think Vince is making up for last year's one that got away.

Don't even care about DB. Rollins should be the one turning face and taking the strap from Lesnar, at some point later this year. He's earned it. The guy cuts great promos, he's carried so many matches, done crazy spots and has crossover appeal He also is in better shape than Reigns. Find some way to get Dean over as a heel, reverse and revisit the feud with Ambrose and Rollins

I've already told you guys that Orton's beating Rollins clean, Reigns is beating Brock, and then Rollins is cashing in and winning the belt. Everyone wins, that way.

bjork

It's too bad Brock lost a couple of WM matches before. It would make perfect sense to have him be the new streak guy, but he's 2-2 and that doesn't sound as cool.

Zach

What's the downside to Brock just dominating for a couple of years? I'm not even a huge Brock fan, but it'd be cool.

Edit: And I'm saying, like, don't drop the belt to anyone for years. Hogan/Sammartino/whatever-style.

Sephzilla

I've already told you guys that Orton's beating Rollins clean, Reigns is beating Brock, and then Rollins is cashing in and winning the belt. Everyone wins, that way.

How about Rollins beats Orton. Brock beats Roman. Brock beats Rollins.

Turn the entire year leading up to WM32 being numerous stars being dubbed Vince McMahon "chosen ones" that ultimately fall before the God King Brock. Then, ultimately one of Hunter's chosen ones is the one that takes him down.

Things I learn while browsing Gaf : People thinking Mean Girls had cultural impact
It has. You old folk might not be aware, but it's definitely A Thing among fellow millennials

Evolve 40 tonight
E

and King of the indies

That King of the Indies card... huh. did they just get whatever randos they could to fill spaces, or are all these dudes legit? Curious to see if Mr. Cisco can deliver, though

Zach

Turn the entire year leading up to WM32 being numerous stars being dubbed Vince McMahon "chosen ones" that ultimately fall before the God King Brock. Then, ultimately one of Hunter's chosen ones is the one that takes him down.

I'm totally okay with that. As long as it leads to the aforementioned years-long streak of domination by Brock.

Sephzilla

mean girls is fucking great, i will fight you

It's a good movie but it's not something I would say was the defining comedy of the 2000s. Not when fucking Super Troopers, Anchorman, and Zoolander are there. Mean Girls is the pinnacle of Lindsay Lohans career (and hotness) before she spiraled downhill super fast.

Pavaloo

not a fan of graves as an announcer, but i didnt see him get reemed out by miz or riley

it's all about renee and the sax man. maybe albert too

Hasney

Sami Zayn?!

not a fan of graves as an announcer, but i didnt see him get reemed out by miz or riley

it's all about renee and the sax man. maybe albert too
corey graves is fucking great, i will fight you
It's a good movie but it's not something I would say was the defining comedy of the 2000s. Not when fucking Super Troopers, Anchorman, and Zoolander are there. Mean Girls is the pinnacle of Lindsay Lohans career (and hotness) before she spiraled downhill super fast.
I swear half the Buzzfeed type shitlists I see have Mean Girls in, more so than any of those mentioned. That said, I wouldn't say most influential, but if you asked for my top 3 list, it would be Mean Girls, Anchorman, and Zoolander.

It's a good movie but it's not something I would say was the defining comedies of the 2000s. Not when fucking Super Troopers, Anchorman, and Zoolander are there. Mean Girls is the pinnacle of Lindsay Lohans career (and hotness) before she spiraled downhill super fast.

Whether or not it's as good as those, #teens and people my age quote/reference/talk about Mean Girls a lot more than Zoolander and WAY more than Super Troopers. that one's pretty cult imo. Anchorman you can make a case for though as THE movie

Sephzilla

Whether or not it's as good as those, #teens and people my age quote/reference/talk about Mean Girls a lot more than Zoolander and WAY more than Super Troopers. that one's pretty cult imo. Anchorman you can make a case for though as THE movie

Mean Girls came out the year I graduated high school, so I think I was in the appropriate age range for that movie. The other movies I listed got a lot more attention when they came out then when Mean Girls came out. And I haven't even mentioned Napoleon Dynamite, Old School, Harold & Kumar 1, or Pineapple Express.

I'm just glad Brock re-signed so that we'll see him wrestle some new people beyond just Romeo, and because now I don't know who walks out of mania with the belt anymore. If he hadn't resigned, it could be Romeo or Seth, but now it could still be Brock.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if it was still Brock. With Brock staying around they can have Reigns put in a good losing effort and just delay the torch pass a bit. Maybe he wins a rematch or whatever in around six months. He's really not far from where he needs to be.

Seph, there is no way Super Troopers got more attention than Mean Girls when it came out. Mean Girls opening weekend was more than Super Trooper's lifetime. I can't comment on your friends, but Mean Girls when it came out was the bigger movie. Factually.

Pavaloo

corey graves is fucking great, i will fight you

the only time i ever legitimately enjoy him is when he gives becky lynch a hard time lol

and you guys are really underestimating mean girls' impact. it depends on your circles, but i've seen mean girls referenced as much as zoolander, anchorman, etc hell, i see more people to this day making mean girls references than i ever did napolean dynamite references

bjork

What's the downside to Brock just dominating for a couple of years? I'm not even a huge Brock fan, but it'd be cool.

Edit: And I'm saying, like, don't drop the belt to anyone for years. Hogan/Sammartino/whatever-style.

This would be a great thing, especially if they're trying to elevate the other belts. Have Brock be like an end boss for some youngster they've got their eye on now (not Roman) and beating Brock does more for him than beating the streak did for Brock.

Also all those movies Seph mentioned are all terrible compared to Mean Girls.

Gonzalez

Banned
Hey guys remember that amazing moment when Batista "Stuck the Quebec flag up" La Resistances asses?

179549350_small.jpg

Wouldn't it be even more amazing if our Roman Emperor did the same to both Sami Zayn, and Kevin Owens?

Zach

What smiling through the pain looks like...
n0tfOKm.gif
hnzjzpx.gif

scust:
v289B1m.gif

*images courtesy of legitshook.com

Okay, I got to admit. He looks pretty hurt.

But I wonder if Miz is just good at what he does. Maybe off-camera he was like "hey, man. Sorry if that was a little over the line."

Just curious. I know nothing about Miz.

The Heart Throbs came back, and nobody told me!

My wife coins names for wrestlers occasionally and I get stuck on them.

Dean is Cabbage Patch. Roman is Romeo.

Basically, it's when she can't remember their actual name and she thinks of something else where she knows I'll know who she is talking about.

Like, remember that tag team a few years back called Biscuits and Gravy? Or that other team Spanky and Alfalfa?

bjork

My wife coins names for wrestlers occasionally and I get stuck on them.

Dean is Cabbage Patch. Roman is Romeo.

Basically, it's when she can't remember their actual name and she thinks of something else where she knows I'll know who she is talking about.

Like, remember that tag team a few years back called Biscuits and Gravy? Or that other team Spanky and Alfalfa?

My dad has called Undertaker "grave digger" for like 20 years. I used to be all "HE'S NOT A TRUCK" but now it's just like... yep, grave digger!

Top Bottom