• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
tumblr_nlkl0q3MCg1rq5iico1_500.jpg

Kaladin

Highlights one of my pet peeves about dive/springboard/high risk spots that are telegraphed but the other guy still taking them instead of doing what Lord Steven did here. I mean on one hand "lol pro-wrasslin" but on the other lol pro-wrasslin.

The idea is that the guy taking the move should either be too out of it to think about moving or have no time to move away.

Alucard

Banned
The idea is that the guy taking the move should either be too out of it to think about moving or have no time to move away.

Or be confused by what the other guy is doing. Makes sense to me most of the time. The springboard cutter is the only telegraphed springboard move I kind of take issue with, but even that can look amazing if pulled off well.

Kaladin

Or be confused by what the other guy is doing. Makes sense to me most of the time.

Yep....in fact, Lord Regal would have to have been the dumbest man in wrestling to take that move without stepping out of the way like he did....he was too alert and ready to act to have it believably connect.

JavyOO7

The women's segment that aired on WM Today just now was pretty good. Nikki spit out some hot fire there along with her sister, and... both come out as super faces.

Ithil

The women's segment that aired on WM Today just now was pretty good. Nikki spit out some hot fire there along with her sister, and... both come out as super faces.

As expected they don't really seem to understand what the whole "give divas a chance" is asking for a chance for. Going on and on about Total Divas and designer shoes and other bullshit.

I mean Sasha Banks wears makeup and looks good. It's never been about that. No one is asking for "alternative divas" or something. They just want women good at wrestling, getting full length matches.

Alucard

Banned
Not sure if I want to watch this week's NXT tonight or start on NJPW The New Beginning in Sendai show. (catching up from February)

There's always something to watch. Overabundance of pro wrestling right now. Gotta be picky.

So give me Arns best match he ever had.

Arn vs Vicious, Scissor edition.

In all seriousness, him vs Flair in 1995 is probably the greatest, followed by him vs Dusty Rhodes in 1986. Both are on par with each other, but the Flair match had an even better (if less well remembered) buildup. Kinda a trick question though, they're all good. :p

EDIT: Could we actually vote on the mascot formally?

JavyOO7

As expected they don't really seem to understand what the whole "give divas a chance" is asking for a chance for. Going on and on about Total Divas and designer shoes and other bullshit.

I mean Sasha Banks wears makeup and looks good. It's never been about that. No one is asking for "alternative divas" or something. They just want women good at wrestling, getting full length matches.

Creative basically perverted the true meaning of #givedivasachance but at least it kinda makes sense in that context. These ladies feel AJ and Paige have slighted them. =p

Well, that was terrific.
Thatcher and End have a beautifully paced grappling match, the kind of match you thought we would get more of after Angle/Joe.

Top Bottom