• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Vylash

Latest Powerbombcast bummed me out. The guest talked about a lot of the upcoming NXT girls will follow more the typical WWE mold of being models and shit. I am already not looking forward to this Brooke girl. Yeah great a bodybuilder. She is sure going to be great...
lets actually see how she performs instead of assuming she'll be bad

RBH

B4z8u52.jpg

Is it too much to ask that they use that tweet from Ziggler to turn him full on heel? Next NXT event have Owens laying out Balor only for Zigglers music to hit and he runs out and joins Owens in destroying Balor. Following week they are doing it again and Daniel Bryan runs out for the save leading to NXT Takeover with Owens/Bryan and Ziggler/Balor?

Cagey

Banned
Looking at the clips from it there were definitely proper WWE cameras around. So at least some of it was filmed.
They filmed the entire thing.

NXT is a carefully protected product. It's shown live perhaps 4 times a year. otherwise it's taped and edited. Why would last night be any different?

Aiii

So not worth it
They filmed the entire thing.

NXT is a carefully protected product. It's shown live perhaps 4 times a year. otherwise it's taped and edited. Why would last night be any different?

Because it's Mania weekend and doing a NXT live show like this on the Network might actually be a smart move since it means extra interest in NXT and as such the Network going on?

Because it's Mania weekend and doing a NXT live show like this on the Network might actually be a smart move since it means extra interest in NXT and as such the Network going on?

And we had a live event shortly before Wrestlemania last year... so why not?

Cagey

Banned
I think you make an exception on mania weekend.
Why? The NXT viewing audience has a network sub and will be watching Wrestlemania and tweeting their thoughts in real time, so no gain there. NXT isn't a PPV. It doesn't generate money on that way. No gain there. It's also a developmental program and this the point is to develop talent. They protect the show and therefore the talent. That's the purpose of NXT: developmental. Not WWE Indie.

It's not some random iPPV from an indie.

It was a damn house show.

Zach

Just watched that Lucha Underground casket match someone was raving about. It was pretty entertaining. The look of the show is tremendous. Also, it's great seeing a show that 1) doesn't go to commercial break mid-match and 2) doesn't repeatedly zoom in and out during moves.

klonere

Banned
Why? The NXT viewing audience has a network sub and will be watching Wrestlemania and tweeting their thoughts in real time, so no gain there. NXT isn't a PPV. It doesn't generate money on that way. No gain there. It's also a developmental program and this the point is to develop talent. They protect the show and therefore the talent. That's the purpose of NXT: developmental. Not WWE Indie.

It's not some random iPPV from an indie.

It was a damn house show.

developmental my ass

Cagey

Banned
developmental my ass
That's the reason NXT exists. Develop talent. A minor league farm system. That it's usually a very entertaining show is great but that's a goal in addition to developing future talent for the main product. These are facts.gif

klonere

Banned
That's the reason NXT exists. Develop talent. A minor league farm system. That it's usually a very entertaining show is great but that's a goal in addition to developing future talent for the main product. These are facts.gif

i was just quoting Mr.HHH

but yes, I agree, they are also training all their production staff as well and I'm sure they'll do an outside live broadcast when they are damn well ready

bjork

That did nothing to tell me why they need to have a match, but it does tell me that the bellas sure are in love with themselves. Yawn city guys.

Ithil

Latest Powerbombcast bummed me out. The guest talked about a lot of the upcoming NXT girls will follow more the typical WWE mold of being models and shit. I am already not looking forward to this Brooke girl. Yeah great a bodybuilder. She is sure going to be great...

They just signed a pair of indie wrestlers like two weeks ago.

Guess I could never run a wrestling promotion, since I would require all my female wrestlers to look like they could survive in the Road Warrior/Mad Max

Side note: Fury Road looks like the fucking TRUTH

bjork

She was amazing. "The bitch is back and the bitch is black."

I hope Kharma ends up in the WWE again.

I feel like she doesn't get enough credit when they talk about the old women's division. Everyone's too busy going on about Trish and Lita, when to me Jazz and Victoria were more fun to watch because they knew how to work a match and not just hit spots.

bjork

I went to a house show in 1997 and Sable won a swimsuit contest against Sunny, Marlena, and Chyna. I didn't like Sable. Also Chyna bodyslammed the Honky Tonk Man for harassing her.

Then I went to one in 2002 and Torrie Wilson beat Ivory and Stacy Keibler. I didn't like Torrie Wilson.

Damn Vince and his Roman Reigns pushes of these divas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jazz is the only diva that scares me to this day.

Just by looking at photos of her, I feel like she'll slap the shit out of me.

Do you feel like she has "aggressive" tendencies?

She was awesome. And yes she did win that bikini battle.

I feel like she doesn't get enough credit when they talk about the old women's division. Everyone's too busy going on about Trish and Lita, when to me Jazz and Victoria were more fun to watch because they knew how to work a match and not just hit spots.
Agreed....and let's not forget about Ivory too. Trish and Lita are completely overrated to me. I actually remember Lita being more terrible than good.

Jazz is the only diva that scares me to this day.

Just by looking at photos of her, I feel like she'll slap the shit out of me.
She was terrifying and it's kinda awesome.

Lita was garbage. Let's be clear on that.
You said this a lot better than I did and I completely agree

Top Bottom