• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Big One

Banned
LU from what little I've seen is the right way to do a studio wrestling show. NXT also does it right but it's clear that they go wrestling first, tv show second whereas LU is TV first and foremost.

You'd think TNA which has now been a TV first product for 5 years would have figured their shit out but nope.
I've always liked the hidden camera segments TNA did, mainly cause it was something unique that WWE didn't do and it was cool. Plus you could've done a neat thing like have a storyline where Dixie/Hogan/whatever is trying to find out who's this "insider" recording shit in secret.

TNA could've easily been what NXT is today with the talent roster (and potential talent roster) it had but bad booking decisions pretty much destroyed the brand.

I mean how could you blow this lineup of talent:

Sting
Kurt Angle
HULK HOGAN
Christian
The Hardy Boys
The Dudley Boys

You could build an entire promotion around these guys alone and carry it into a real WWE alternative. Then you could elevate the TNA originals using these guys to make the product a more unique brand than WCW/WWE/ECW 2.0.

Fox318

I've always liked the hidden camera segments TNA did, mainly cause it was something unique that WWE didn't do and it was cool. Plus you could've done a neat thing like have a storyline where Dixie/Hogan/whatever is trying to find out who's this "insider" recording shit in secret.

TNA could've easily been what NXT is today with the talent roster (and potential talent roster) it had but bad booking decisions pretty much destroyed the brand.

plus they hired Vince Russo and Spike TV told Dixi to get the fuck off of their channel.

Now they are on a channel with almost no viewers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man, the Bellas really have done well for themselves over the last 8 years.

At one point they were Jojo tier wrestlers. Now both of them are among the most solid.

The only other wrestlers I can think of that actually learned how to wrestle after not being able to for so long were Mark Henry and Big Show.

Zach

We talking suit game? Have a weird, angled, washed-out-for-some-reason picture I just took while waiting on a report to run at work:

VKTzHsA.jpg

I look super weird for multiple reasons. >_>

Alucard

Banned
Do you think LU will do a Series/Season 1 DVD given the studio nature of the show? I've stopped watching shitty Dailymotion rips of the show cos it deserves better. A DVD would be the best way for me to get it in Ireland.

Everyone and his uncle has been talking about this and wanting it. I hope we get it at some point too. The episodic nature is perfect for a DVD/Blu-ray set. I'd watch it multiple times.

Alucard

Banned
We talking suit game? Have a weird, angled, washed-out-for-some-reason picture I just took while waiting on a report to run at work:

I look super weird for multiple reasons. >_>

This is what Brian Pillman might have looked like if he cleaned up a bit.

Very sharp, dude.

Apparently dude who got arrested for climbing the Elimination Chamber said "boo roman reigns" when he was at the top. smdh, must have been a gaffer

styl3s

As someone who hasn't been following the last couple of days is there a chance in hell that the NXT stuff was filmed and will air any point on the WWE Network? or was it just for attendees?

Aiii

So not worth it
Because of course they did:
WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett told Sky Sports this week that he stopped delivering his "I'm afraid I've got some bad news..." promos because WWE officials told him to as fans were joining in on the promos and cheering him. Barrett teased picking back up on the bad news after WrestleMania.

"Rock, please stop doing the "If You Smell..." stuff, you're supposed to be a heel and people are starting to chant along and cheer you!"

Because of course they did:

"Rock, please stop doing the "If You Smell..." stuff, you're supposed to be a heel and people are starting to chant along and cheer you!"

Haha, that's really odd. The whole point of having a face/heel dynamic is to inspire reactions from the crowd and create characters. If the dynamic itself is yielding an inverted result, shouldn't the main thing be that it is yielding a result? It seems like confining people to certain kinds of behaviour due to unexpected, but still good, reactions is putting the card before the horse.

It's like backward marketing.

RBH

As someone who hasn't been following the last couple of days is there a chance in hell that the NXT stuff was filmed and will air any point on the WWE Network? or was it just for attendees?
Apparently, there were WWE cameras at the NXT event yesterday. Would love for them to show the whole event on the Network.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Standing in the hall of fame
And the world's gonna know your name
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And the world's gonna know your name
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

Cagey

Banned
Haha, that's really odd. The whole point of having a face/heel dynamic is to inspire reactions from the crowd and create characters. If the dynamic itself is yielding an inverted result, shouldn't the main thing be that it is yielding a result? It seems like confining people to certain kinds of behaviour due to unexpected, but still good, reactions is putting the card before the horse.

It's like backward marketing.
In 2015, chants get over more than anyone. If a heel has some chant, they're going to become popular. Not hated. Heels need to be hated. It makes perfect sense. Jack Swagger became popular despite being a heel not because he started having awesome matches or had a compelling character, but because We The People is fun to chant.

Seth Rollins is still doing it best: dude wants to be hated so he remains hateable.

Hasney

Hey guys, sorry I'm not posting more. This Santa Clara Penitentiary WiFi is pretty terrible. Just wanted to say boo Roman Reigns while I can.

Top Bottom