• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
wdZAcxm.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're just pretending Warrior wasn't a huge raging homophobe, right?

Why would someone bring this up during an HoF speech? That's a stupid-ass statement to make, especially when someone is dead and can't "reform" from something they did in the past. What an asshole comment.

Why would someone bring this up during an HoF speech? That's a stupid-ass statement to make, especially when someone is dead and can't "reform" from something they did in the past. What an asshole comment.

Cause it's weird how they're like "He's so great! He's so awesome! Let's all be like The Warrior!"

Edit: I'm not trying to fight with you here, Vince. Every time WWE shows that Connor Michalek video I cry. I'm happy they're honoring him. I just think it's weird that Warrior got tied into it somehow.

Ooh. The whitewashing worked. Everything's forgiven because Warrior got on good terms again with a fellow scumbag...? Had he actually apologised to anyone BUT Vinnie Mac, I might have given him the benefit of the doubt. But he showed NO signs of being nicer. Just calmer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cause it's weird how they're like "He's so great! He's so awesome! Let's all be like The Warrior!"

Ooh. The whitewashing worked. Everything's forgiven because Warrior got on good terms again with a fellow scumbag...? Had he actually apologised to anyone BUT Vinnie Mac, I might have given him the benefit of the doubt. But he showed NO signs of being nicer. Just calmer.

Is this, where they're unveiling an award for someone who had what they're referring to as his Warrior's spirit, all that...

Do you really think any of that is appropriate to get brought up? Is it "weird" they're not saying that the award represents some of the shitty things someone did?

Some of you are so desperate to hate things, no matter what. Let Connor have his moment here, unless you just don't want him to. I mean, he's gone - what more can you take from him?

Vylash

Edit: I'm not trying to fight with you here, Vince. Every time WWE shows that Connor Michalek video I cry. I'm happy they're honoring him. I just think it's weird that Warrior got tied into it somehow.

this is about Connor, a kid who died from cancer, shut the fuck up

Is this, where they're unveiling an award for someone who had what they're referring to as his Warrior's spirit, all that...

Do you really think any of that is appropriate to get brought up? Is it "weird" they're not saying that the award represents some of the shitty things someone did?

Some of you are so desperate to hate things, no matter what. Let Connor have his moment here, unless you just don't want him to. I mean, he's gone - what more can you take from him?

Thanks for ignoring the second half of my post, bro. You know that I'm one of the most willing people in WrassleGAF to happily swallow whatever WWE tells me to.

Sure, it's nice that Warrior's a better person to some dead than alive. Connor deserves his moment because he never called me out for being a faggot, whilst simultaneously devastating any of my fond childhood memories.

I guess that the award only makes some form of sense when attributed to the character of the Warrior, and not the cunt who played hero to justify his own pathetic, wretched self. Suspension of disbelief, I suppose.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, it's nice that Warrior's a better person to some dead than alive. Connor deserves his moment because he never called me out for being a faggot, whilst simultaneously devastating any of my fond childhood memories.

I guess that the award only makes some form of sense when attributed to the character of the Warrior, and not the cunt who played hero to justify his own pathetic, wretched self. Suspension of disbelief, I suppose.

That's exactly it, it IS about the character that he played in the ring, not who he was as Jim Hellwig. I'm not saying "hurr get over it" because we both know that's bullshit. Hate begets hate. It's shitty. But it's just a completely different planet than what this is.

Ithil

jeb.jpg

Scumbag pirate in life, inspiration to a whole town in death.

Doesn't matter what the Warrior (that is, Jim Hellwig) was like in life, really, if the award can mean something decent.

1. Connor ruled, him getting an award rules
2. Fuck that horrifying-looking award, Hellwig/Warrior's face, Hellwig/Warrior, homophobia, and cancer

this is about Connor, a kid who died from cancer, shut the fuck up

Back when I was of a more sensitive disposition, Warrior's comments were one of the many things that drove me to a suicide attempt. Inagine looking uo to someone who inspired you every single day, only for them to tell you that you're wrong, and that you should feel bad for it. While I am currently glad that I failed (not willing to discuss the details), and appreciate the honour Connor has been given, I will certainly call out the irony that someone who emitted so much hatred and bile throughout his lifetime ends up having an honour named after him for genuinely nice, harmless, good people like Connor to receive. All I'm saying is that it's especially artificial an award, whereas an award named after Andre the Giant in the same vein would be more apt, or someone else who was actually nice.

That's exactly it, it IS about the character that he played in the ring, not who he was as Jim Hellwig. I'm not saying "hurr get over it" because we both know that's bullshit. Hate begets hate. It's shitty. But it's just a completely different planet than what this is.

He was just such an unbelievable disappointment, is all. And I guess more continue to call him out on his bullshit posthumously due to him... Not doing very much at all worth speaking of in character. Sorry. I'll not mention it again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Back when I was of a more sensitive disposition, Warrior's comments were one of the many things that drove me to a suicide attempt. Inagine looking uo to someone who inspired you every single day, only for them to tell you that you're wrong, and that you should feel bad for it. While I am currently glad that I failed (not willing to discuss the details), and appreciate the honour Connor has been given, I will certainly call out the irony that someone who emitted so much hatred and bile throughout his lifetime ends up having an honour named after him for genuinely nice, harmless, good people like Connor to receive. All I'm saying is that it's especially artificial an award, whereas an award named after Andre the Giant in the same vein would be more apt, or someone else who was actually nice.

He was just such an unbelievable disappointment, is all. And I guess more continue to call him out on his bullshit posthumously due to him... Not doing very much at all worth speaking of in character. Sorry. I'll not mention it again.
Oh I was disappointed too, HUGELY disappointed. I didn't love the Ultimate Warrior but hearing all the shit he said when he was doing it put him in the "Fuck, here's where the people I hoped were good that are actually shitlords" bucket.

I just think that right now, like literally tonight, isn't a great time to bring it up, because it's not about those situations, this is completely different. But tomorrow it isn't. Just tonight. I think the overly snarky responses people have been doing have caused me to catch feels about all this.

Hex

Banned
It's okay to get 'salty' if you felt unappreciated or hurt in a situation.

Oh I agree.
Just saying that if he has not already done something to burn WWE bridges (which would explain the lack of mention) then he could burn bridges if he goes too heavy on twitter.

That tweet ain't putting food on his back.

Oh I was disappointed too, HUGELY disappointed. I didn't love the Ultimate Warrior but hearing all the shit he said when he was doing it put him in the "Fuck, here's where the people I hoped were good that are actually shitlords" bucket.

I just think that right now, like literally tonight, isn't a great time to bring it up, because it's not about those situations, this is completely different. But tomorrow it isn't. Just tonight. I think the overly snarky responses people have been doing have caused me to catch feels about all this.

Of course. I'm sorry. My mistake. I suppose blaring out the equivalent of 'THIS GUY IS A DICKHEAD' during what is in essence a remembrance ceremony isn't all that nice. It's just that I was really, REALLY hoping for Warrior to turn out to be good. And he turned out to be a REALLY big arse, even among arses. But yeah, bad timing on my behalf. Sorry.

zychi

Banned
I'm glad I skipped this, the Nash over Randy thing, using Warrior as a way to honor the poor cancer kid would have pissed me off.by your guys' comments it seems WWE did it all in bad taste. Did DB at least make it somewhat respectable?

Top Bottom