• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'm glad I skipped this, the Nash over Randy thing, using Warrior as a way to honor the poor cancer kid would have pissed me off.by your guys' comments it seems WWE did it all in bad taste. Did DB at least make it somewhat respectable?

The underlying hypocrisy was overshadowed by the moment being highly emotional, genuine, and touching otherwise. It wasn't enjoyable (I shed a few tears), but it was very nice to see Connor get inducted.

Besides, anyone who strikes Haitch and pins him for the win deserves all due props!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Scotty ain't got nothing to shoot about, he got over big time and had a nice career.

The King's son, yeah, he can be salty.

Alucard

Banned
Alundra Blayze, DDP, and Natalya.
CBO0fGoUQAEB9uQ.jpg

Edit: I'm not trying to fight with you here, Vince. Every time WWE shows that Connor Michalek video I cry. I'm happy they're honoring him. I just think it's weird that Warrior got tied into it somehow.

"Somehow"

Warrior proposed some sort of wing of the HOF where people off-camera were inducted into the hall of fame and I suppose this is supposed to be that

Aiii

So not worth it
Saw this picture of Darren Young and his boyfriend from the red carpet on wwe.com, and I have to say, what a handsome couple. Wrestling has come a long way:
02_Backstage_0328_0013-2368827889.jpg

New guy in here. Hey, all!

It's been a long time since I put any mind towards WWE. I grew up during the monday night wars. WCW from mid 96 till the anticlimactic finish of Hogan-Sting of Starcade '97. After that, I followed WWF until the botched heel turn of Stone Cold. I tried to watch a bit after, caught up with the brand acquisitions, saw all the TLC madness, and petered off in 2003.

Austin's podcast, reading up about the Daniel Bryan situation last year, and my general disdain for anything Cena brought me back to the fold. I did buy the network today, too.

What should I catch up on? I'm aware enough of the current situations. I'm well versed in Taker's recent stuff from the past Mania's. Where should I start with Punk?

dream

It's been a long time since I put any mind towards WWE. I grew up during the monday night wars. WCW from mid 96 till the anticlimactic finish of Hogan-Sting of Starcade '97. After that, I followed WWF until the botched heel turn of Stone Cold. I tried to watch a bit after, caught up with the brand acquisitions, saw all the TLC madness, and petered off in 2003.

Austin's podcast, reading up about the Daniel Bryan situation last year, and my general disdain for anything Cena brought me back to the fold. I did buy the network today, too.

What should I catch up on? I'm aware enough of the current situations. I'm well versed in Taker's recent stuff from the past Mania's. Where should I start with Punk?

There's nothing worth catching up on. Don't waste your time. Just start watching Wrestlemania.

The hall of fame ceremony reminded me of WCW at its peak. A strong undercard with memorable performances and great moments and a half assed main event performance by Kevin Nash. Big Lazy lives up to the hype even during his crowning achievement!!

Aiii

So not worth it

Welcome! As is tradition, newcomers are required to post an all-time FAVE FIVE of wrestlers when they come in, so have at it.

With Punk, start with the Summer of Punk (Money in the Bank 2011 vs. John Cena)

Heroman

Banned

Team hustle or Respect or loyalty?

Welcome! As is tradition, newcomers are required to post an all-time FAVE FIVE of wrestlers when they come in, so have at it.

My list will be severely limited due to watching from mid 96-97 WCW and then 97-03 WWF. I need to go back and watch some older matches before those times.

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin (I like the guy even more with his podcast)
2. Undertaker (I grew to appreciate him even more with everything I've read about him behind the scenes)
3. Rey Mysterio (WWE seriously needs a luchadore/cruiserweight division. That was one of my favorite parts of when I watched WCW)
4. The Dudley's (WWF run...if I can count a tag team as a single entity?)
5. Sting (I lost interest in WCW when he won the belt. It didn't help there was the whole Hogan getting the belt back right away thing, either...)

Aiii

So not worth it
My list will be severely limited due to watching from mid 96-97 WCW and then 97-03 WWF. I need to go back and watch some older matches before those times.

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin (I like the guy even more with his podcast)
2. Undertaker (I grew to appreciate him even more with everything I've read about him behind the scenes)
3. Rey Mysterio (WWE seriously needs a luchadore/cruiserweight division. That was one of my favorite parts of when I watched WCW)
4. The Dudley's (WWF run...if I can count a tag team as a single entity?)
5. Sting (I lost interest in WCW when he won the belt. It didn't help there was the whole Hogan getting the belt back right away thing, either...)

Great fave five.

As for the Luchador/Cruiserweight remark, you are in for a treat. I suggest you start watching Lucha Underground, it's exactly what you're looking for (Rey Mysterio is actually supposed to join the organization any day now). Great action.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iofrAojiGSY

The women's division in NXT, I just watched the most recent episode, sorta reminds me of the luchadore/cruiserweight heyday of the WCW. These women are talented and fun to watch. Are the current WWE Divas worth anything? I understand the general consensus is that Vinny Mac is being outshined by his son in-law who runs NXT.

Aiii

So not worth it
The women's division in NXT, I just watched the most recent episode, sorta reminds me of the luchadore/cruiserweight heyday of the WCW. These women are talented and fun to watch. Are the current WWE Divas worth anything? I understand the general consensus is that Vinny Mac is being outshined by his son in-law who runs NXT.

The Divas are fine, it's more that they're never given storylines and time. WWE treats them as an afterthought and as a result, the fans do too. There was a big fuzz and a hashtag (#GiveDivasAChance) a few weeks ago and we've been getting a storyline and 10+ minute Divas matches since that have been pretty good, so we'll see where that goes (probably nowhere).

The NXT Divas are trained by Sara Del Rey, one of the best women's wrestlers alive, so that shows on that end.

At least they've moved on from bra and panties, swimsuits, old woman boobs that the censor misses, and body paint underneath on a "topless" match...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1- C.M. Punk
2- Kurt Angle
3- Mick Foley
4- Hulk Hogan
5- Ric Flair

Yeah I know...Hogan is on there. It's the nostalgia factor, I can't help it even though I want t-...I probably don't want to.

Hogan's in my top 10, and I'm a super duper wrestling nerd. No nostalgia needed.
LHVnXSS.gif

You guys I had a Hulk Hogan wrestling buddy when I was a child. It's not my fault, my love for The Hulkster was conditioned into me at a young age.

Plus as a child I also saw "Santa with Muscles" in the movie theater.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gordy/Jumbo is such an amazing match. I feel like I'm watching the next 10 years of AJPW being laid out before me when I watch this match.
vseucH2.gif

Top Bottom