• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

v0yce

there isn't a single match on the card that i'm not looking forward to

mefuDe3.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Legally, they have to.

Had to. They don't anymore for anything before the settlement.

The logo and audio is intact for all of the RAWs they put up, for example. If it was digitized during the on demand era or earlier though some of those still use the blanked out logo/audio nonsense.

They censored the f in wwf. Wtf.

They cannot say it in any new material.

The logo and audio is intact for all of the RAWs they put up, for example. If it was digitized during the on demand era or earlier though some of those still use the blanked out logo/audio nonsense.

They are still not allowed to use it in ANY new material. They can only use it in archived material.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They cannot say it in any new material.

They are still not allowed to use it in ANY new material. They can only use it in archived material.

Right, anything filmed before the settlement and name change. They use the WWE retro logo on old school RAWs and the like.

WWF has such a nice ring to it to.

They only are allowed to use it retroactively. Meaning they don't have to censor old stuff. They cut that deal a few years ago so they could archive footage for the Network faster. They still aren't allowed to use it in any new stuff, visually or audibly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They only are allowed to use it retroactively. Meaning they don't have to censor old stuff. They cut that deal a few years ago so they could archive footage for the Network faster. They still aren't allowed to use it in any new stuff, visually or audibly.

Right, but that doesn't matter as they are the WWE now. All of their WWF footage is archival.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Steamboat is fucking nuts at Clash of Champions 17. He's just pure fucking energy in human form. Anderson looking at Zbysko in disbelief, 'He's just a man!' like he's trying to convince himself. Awesome booking for Steamboat's return. Still one of the best tag matches of all time and one of the best matches of that era.
NsWy4NA.gif

also Mike Graham and Raven, 'Malenko can't draw a dime', @1:13 'k'

bjork

I looked at a little photo collection they have up on wwe's site, older stars getting together, etc.

I was kinda joking about it with Bret and Shawn's photo yesterday, but looking at these people reinforces the concept that I'm going to die one day. I'm probably closer to the end than the start at this point. Fuck, man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
eff that Lyrics shit

The one true theme

Too much association with Linda McMahon. The real theme. The only association that one has is Gorilla and Brain. As it should be.

Kairi Hojo won the STARDOM title. Spoilers.
Dragon Gate spoilers:
Tozawa is now the Owarai Gate champion, edging out Santa Maria in fan support in their match

:|. there's more and none of it makes me want to watch Dragon Gate.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
i know i stoped watching wwf in 2000, i was a fan from 86-2000 golden years, i'm 29 now. this tilte theme makes me cry. now its all acting woman in wrestling in mud, etc not like bak then characters... long live forewer real true wrestling old school babe.

IT'S WRRRRESTLEMANIA! Time to get hyped!

Showcase of the Immortals theme song to get your juices flowing

And what's the name of that "OH-OH-OH! OH-OH-OH! WRESTLEMANIA! FIGHTING TO SURVIVE!" tune? I need that in my life today.

Oh shit, found it. Wrestlemania IX theme.

eff that Lyrics shit

The one true theme

Too much association with Linda McMahon. The real theme. The only association that one has is Gorilla and Brain. As it should be.

Y'all are off by about a decade.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The music from this era in pro wrestling was fuckin' amazing! I hear this, the old themes for the rumble, survivor series and summerslam.... I get all excited just like I did when I was 12!! :-D Remember when Vince did all the voice overs to run down the card? His growly voice and this music playin' made us all beg the parents to get the PPVs!! I'm following WWE again and it's entertaining, but not like it used to be. Maybe that's because I'm not 12 anymore..... Bummer.. ;-)

the realest shit ever said about wrestling

-----
WCW wins again

I'm off by posting what you just posted?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
The good ol days before Finger Showing, Curse words, Smelling what people was cooking, girls showing their breast in bare, drinking become a problem, and before blood shed. Yup this theme makes me feel like a child again, knowing I was born in before the 3 eras took place, being fortuante enough to see them all. I love you, and I hope if we could return back to one another, I'd take you with me. GOLDEN ERA >>>>>> ATTITUDE ERAAAAAA *Dances to the theme*

kiguel182

I'm watching the Hall of Fame and just saw the Connor induction and damn, it hit me hard. I mean I knew it would but it was really hard to watch.

It's true that they distorted Warrior's words to make this award but that's meaningless right now. What a beautiful homage. And, as someone who has seen this story from the start, it's really heartbreakingly sad and beautiful how this unfolded. From Warrior's wife great speech, to Bryan's recollection of the events (when he came out already crying I knew it was going to be hard to watch) to then Connor's father who was really brave to be there it was just overwhelming.

I know this is a very light thread but this Connor stuff has really gotten to me since the start and I just had to share this.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
It's up to you Wether u like it or not JOHN FELIX ANTHONY CENA he's the Best nowonder when he's about to win the match,Some1 gets in to disturb the match.All the way until we debat from Earth #Cena_Cena_Cena_Cena_Cena_Cenation YES!!!!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Relationships have ups and downs but there is no better feeling than when your heart races and time freezes I❤️U

bjork

Ah, I forgot about the powerbombcast. Thanks for the heads up, definitely gonna give it a listen today. I bet they're still buzzing from having JR the other day.

Alucard

Banned
The music from this era in pro wrestling was fuckin' amazing! I hear this, the old themes for the rumble, survivor series and summerslam.... I get all excited just like I did when I was 12!! :-D Remember when Vince did all the voice overs to run down the card? His growly voice and this music playin' made us all beg the parents to get the PPVs!! I'm following WWE again and it's entertaining, but not like it used to be. Maybe that's because I'm not 12 anymore..... Bummer.. ;-)

the realest shit ever said about wrestling

-----
WCW wins again

I'm off by posting what you just posted?

Relationships have ups and downs but there is no better feeling than when your heart races and time freezes I❤️U

Right there with you, brother. *80s electric guitar Mania theme* "Welcome! To Wrestlemania!"

Top Bottom