• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Oh shit. I forgot about this. I love the Lil Kim/Rhythm Nation feel about the performance too. #BBHMM
She was in that Tapout promo so I assume sooner then later.

In a related note, Is it OK that I want everyone with talent to stay in NXT as long as they can in hopes that when they do get called up it will be after Vince is off the road?
Yeah, most are better off on NXT, but I want to see Charlotte and Nikki.

If it was any clearer, the entire stadium would have taken off with the power of booing Roman.

Oh yeah.

JFeU6be.gif
What made it even more interesting was that only a minority of people were cheering him. Hell, even a few Cena marks were cheering for Lesnar to win.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Someone else just pointed out an amazing fact: the Spanish Announce table made it through all of Wrestlemania unscathed.

oh, how was wrestlemania?

The best booked match of the night was the one everyone dreaded for months, and the worst things to happen were Show winning a trophy that will be broken tomorrow, Taker winning a meaningless match, and HHH beating Sting in a wonderfully overbooked match that saw Nash work shoot people into temporarily thinking he got hurt again.

It was much better than the build deserved, and much better than anybody thought it'd be.

Heel

It was fantastic, there were so many layers to their approach, really blew it out of the park and the Levi's Stadium was alive the whole time. Real human connection.

Intricate, layered symbolism. Blink and you've missed the minute details. Thank you, WWE Creative, for the night of matured, woven storytelling.

dream

Intricate, layered symbolism. Blink and you've missed the minute details. Thank you, WWE Creative, for the night of matured, woven storytelling.

Do you think that's why wrestlinggaf largely did not enjoy the wonderfully nuanced storytelling in Undertaker vs.Bray Wyatt? Because it didn't have enough chants and superkicks?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They are definitely gonna need some jobbers for Lesnar to kill in a rage

hyped for tomorrow's nxt debut

tumblr_nc5iuetLge1si9kpgo2_500.gif

You want to make him a proper heel to the Raw after Mania crowd, have an NXT battle royal and just have Brock wreck them all.

Yep, can't wait for that.

also the mitb rules have been broken. so does that mean if i'm champion and i'm fighting a jobber, the mitb guy can come in and pin the jobber and win the title? that's not how title changes work.

Eidan

Finally got back to my hotel after Mania. This weeks has been quite the experience. Working Axxess, interacting with a lot of fans, and going to Wrestlemania, were all awesome. The matches felt like they really flew by. Of all the matches, I'd say the only ones that disappointed were the Wyatt/Taker match, and the Battle Royale. I'd rank em....

1. Lesnar vs. Reigns
2. Triple H vs. Sting (those cameos were awesome)
3. Rollins vs. Orton
4. Cena vs. Rusev
5. Intercontinental Ladder Match
6. AJ/Paige vs. The Bellas
7. Undertaker vs. Wyatt
8. Fuck Big Show

Big One

Banned
Yep, can't wait for that.

also the mitb rules have been broken. so does that mean if i'm champion and i'm fighting a jobber, the mitb guy can come in and pin the jobber and win the title? that's not how title changes work.
I don't think the MITB has ever been cashed in the MIDDLE of the match though, so it makes sense that this could happen.

cdViking

The OT WrestleMania thread was the worst thing I've ever seen. They started talking about HHH trying to hide his gut, Brock's offense being boring, Ambrose being legit hurt, and so much more stupid shit. WTF, fucking mark ass marks.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The OT WrestleMania thread was the worst thing I've ever seen. They started talking about HHH trying to hide his gut, Brock's offense being boring, Ambrose being legit hurt, and so much more stupid shit. WTF, fucking mark ass marks.

Terrible thread

Hasney

GOODNIGHT HULKAMANIACS

cdViking

And you know what? If Reigns started to adopt a strong style way of fighting, he could be legit good. The last couple of months show he's capable of going against (not just getting carried by) guys who are strike/suplex/submission-based.

If they're willing to play the long game, having Reigns tangentially in the title fight and ultimately getting his moment next year could really work out.

Why do we need OT threads for PPVs? Serious question, I'm not sure if that's a thing to prevent these threads from getting too clogged or what.

Vylash

Agreed, right now it looks like something JCreepz would make.
iTFrFZzttNaQf.gif

i think whenever sunny talks about getting more gaf members to post in here, we should show him that thread

And you know what? If Reigns started to adopt a strong style way of fighting, he could be legit good. The last couple of months show he's capable of going against (not just getting carried by) guys who are strike/suplex/submission-based.

If they're willing to play the long game, having Reigns tangentially in the title fight and ultimately getting his moment next year could really work out.

Agreed. If you turn Roman's style to mirror a guy like Ishii or Makabe, that'd be a lot of fun. Just a big dude beating the fuck out of everyone. But I don't think everyone wants to get potato-ed like Brock.

you must think really little of Reigns if you're saying he needs to adopt some faux-tough guy style that wannabes in Japan use as a way to comfort themselves when they go to bed at night and realize they'll never make it to the WWE

dream

Even Undertaker's entrance told a better story than 99% of the fully developed angles in WWE, Heel. But instead of marveling at the simplicity of the entrance, a pared-down walk-in devoid of all ornamentation like 21 caskets, or a pit of the dead, the wrestling fans would rather complain about how long it's taking. Instead of seeing Undertaker's simple outfit as both a gesture towards what is now a mortal Undertaker at WrestleMania, and an attempt at reclaiming his confidence by focusing on what's important--fighting, not pageantry--the wrestling fans bitched about how Bray was about to lose.

Heel

Even Undertaker's entrance told a better story than 99% of the fully developed angles in WWE, Heel. But instead of marveling at the simplicity of the entrance, a pared-down walk-in devoid of all ornamentation like 21 caskets, or a pit of the dead, the wrestling fans would rather complain about how long it's taking. Instead of seeing Undertaker's simple outfit as both a gesture towards what is now a mortal Undertaker at WrestleMania, and an attempt at reclaiming his confidence by focusing on what's important--fighting, not pageantry--the wrestling fans bitched about how Bray was about to lose.

I viewed it more as a carny shooting an angle, adorning a simple outfit that's easy to remove and brisky walking to the ring as to beat the Vegas prop bet that favored The Undertaker to take over 285 seconds, from gong to bell, to reach the ring.

Do you think The Undertaker had some skin in the game, dream? I wouldn't put it past him.

dream

I viewed it more as a carny shooting an angle, adorning a simple outfit that's easy to remove and brisky walking to the ring as to beat the Vegas prop bet that favored The Undertaker to take over 285 seconds, from gong to bell, to reach the ring.

Do you think The Undertaker had some skin in the game, dream? I wouldn't put it past him.

Oh absolutely. Doing a big boot spot before the opening bell was what tipped me off.

Top Bottom