• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hope you know between the Ronda thing and Seth winning, this means triple Authority promo time on Raw. And 90% of it will be Stephanie.

dream

Apparently, Stephanie McMahon is a good heel character. Doesn't overact or anything. Just quality, subtle heel work.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm just sayin', if you think this was planned from the get-go, there's a reason why its the first time someone's cashed in at Wrestlemania. Because for the most part cash-ins are carny bullshit that require you to have knowledge of the weird WWE by-laws and are essentially free screw-job title changes.

This shit was absolutely something they put in because of the Lesnar resigning/everyone hating Roman.

Vylash

xIjHO3C.gif

Paracelsus

People tend to forget quickly, true (Cena jobbed for most of 2002 and all of 2003), but there's no way they can make Wyatt look legit again.

cdViking

Dammit, I didn't realize Extreme Rules is in Rosemont. Flying in on the 26th for a work conference, but not getting in until 6:00 local... would've absolutely booked earlier + spent way too much money on seats.

Would anyone mind if I asked my close moderator friends to lock the Wrestlemania thread for the "it's just going round in circles" reason?

I think it should stay open for Raw after Mania which is an event in itself. Lots of eyeballs on that thread which could draw for the regular wrasslegaf threads. Just my opinion.

I'd just like to point out that Reigns had had 3 big PPV matches and delivered in all of them. (Yes, he only has seven moves - wrestling isn't about MOVEZ~)

Awesome bumping and selling, the strikes looked great, his facials were awesome. I mean, he's been in there with Bryan and Lesnar but he's been right there with them, working hard to turn the crowd around and I'm pretty sure he'll get there, sooner rather than later if they handle the next few months right.

The main event was on its way to being the best Wrestlemania main event of all time before Rollins interjected himself. I think Roman Reigns should have won over skeptics with his performance tonight if anyone is being honest with themselves. He was fantastic here and really worked like he had something to prove. Awesome, awesome match.

I'm also looking forward to Heyman's promo where he politely tells Rollins that, not only has he pissed off Roman Reigns, he's pissed off Brock Lesnar and now they're both looking to kick his head in.

But, to the booking, honestly, I didn't expect Rollins to cash-in, but thinking about, it was perfect.

Think about it.

1. Outcome 1, Reigns wins. Fans say: the company are pushing their man, Bryan, Bryan, wah, wah.

2. Outcome 2, Lesnar wins. Fans say: the title is on a guy who only works three dates a year, wah, wah.

3. Outcome 3, Rollins wins after Lesnar and Reigns have a great match, sense of injustice for Reigns who has been screwed over in the casual fans eyes, sense of injustice for Brock (now a face too) after he lost the title without getting pinned.

Plus Orton is another challenger.

All in all, I'm cautiously (very cautiously) optimistic about WWE's direction coming out of this show..

Vylash

I think it should stay open for Raw after Mania which is an event in itself. Lots of eyeballs on that thread which could draw for the regular wrasslegaf threads. Just my opinion.

What the fack Sting, what the actual fack you held out so long because of reasons like that, and now you seemingly didn't care your 'WM moment' was one last collective dump on the most popular parts of the company you loved. Don't shake his hand. -_-

My theory, HHH hates Sting and needed to bury him because Flair always talked about how much he liked the guy and HHH is jelly as.

Now everytime Flair goes into a reminisce about the old days HHH can be like "Yea but I beat him remember, YOU ALL SAW IT."

Sting losing was pointless. Vince's ego at play.

That was a terrible ending. Fuck the authority and fuck rollins

More like Vince fucks up and has to use booking Jesus to get his way out of this.

Vince was playing us the whole time guys.

"reigns is the future"

WRONNNGFFFFFFFF

SETH MUTHARFUCKING DAILY SHOW ROLLINS IS THE FUTURE

I can see Rollins v Reigns for at least six more years

Roman is a wank pheasant
lol nice sign

Fucking bs. I love Taker but he had no Fucking business winning this match.

ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

this is absolutely not a good thing

I will say that tonight was the first night I saw Reigns as a guy who can be the guy. I'm not fully behind him yet, but I do think he took a big step tonight.

Paracelsus

The work in the ring doesn't mean absolutely a damn thing (especially right now whenyou get Grade-A workers everywhere) if the writing doesn't put you in the right place at the right time.

Why is someone good at wrestling and good at talking like Ambrose, someone getting great pops after getting buried for a year by another no-name getting his fair share of burial on the same night, cracking his skull in a puny midcard feud?

Because he ain't got the looks

Why is someone who struggles as much as Batista to put out a good match and can only talk when he breaks kayfabe being a heel up there competing for the world title?

The looks, the heritage

FyreWulff

It would have made more sense to have the Wolfpac version nWo come out to help Sting, no?

I guess they prefer to only acknowledge white and black nWo as canon.

Driving back to Los Angeles from Levi's Stadium with my fiancé. The live crowd went crazy when Seth came out at the end. Can't wait to see how it was on tv.

This was her first wrestlemania. Seth is her favorite wrestler. When his music hit and she realized he was cashing in money in the bank she lost her mind. She forgot he had it and didn't even think about him cashing in. When he won we both started jumping up and down with excitement. After the event she was so happy she got to see Seth win she started to cry.

I'm so glad we went to Wrestlemania everything was awesome but to me, that was my wrestlemania moment.

There have been a lot of lost Wrasslegaffers in the last few months. If that thread can bring even 3 or 4 new posters who will bring discussion then I think it would be worth it.

And lets not pretend that this thread isn't full of bullshit gimmick posting a lot of the time which does more damage than leaving that thread open another day could.

Toki767

Most of the crowd was pretty stunned when HHH won, but watching it, the commentary basically treats the match like complete nostalgia and borderline comedy so really it just is what it is.

There have been a lot of lost Wrasslegaffers in the last few months. If that thread can bring even 3 or 4 new posters who will bring discussion then I think it would be worth it.

And lets not pretend that this thread isn't full of bullshit gimmick posting a lot of the time which does more damage than leaving that thread open another day could.
This is my third month, only now am I uncovering the dark, barbershop-esque environment of wrasslegaf.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let's not be like certain other communities and spend 90% of our time shit talking other threads while patting each other on the back.*

*Unless it's MCU

Nelo Ice

Banned
That was such a fun Mania. Attending it live was incredible. Marked out so hard for nearly everything. Was up and out of my seat quite often lol. Had a great time though and I loved the ending.

Also totally popped for the clusterfuck Sting-HHH match. Was in shock at the Sting loss then handshake but didn't even care since it was awesome seeing DX and nWo go at it. Even if it was 15 years too late.

Driving back to Los Angeles from Levi's Stadium with my fiancé. The live crowd went crazy when Seth came out at the end. Can't wait to see how it was on tv.

This was her first wrestlemania. Seth is her favorite wrestler. When his music hit and she realized he was cashing in money in the bank she lost her mind. She forgot he had it and didn't even think about him cashing in. When he won we both started jumping up and down with excitement. After the event she was so happy she got to see Seth win she started to cry.

I'm so glad we went to Wrestlemania everything was awesome but to me, that was my wrestlemania moment.
That's so dope. Glad y'all had a great time
ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

some of those people post here tho

personally, i'm all for doing away with this HnI atmosphere enforced by things like "nerd chat"

Toki767

Rusev arriving in a tank was as great on TV as it was live.

I also might have stumbled upon the hidden truth in regards to Cena chants: Women and kids aren't the ones that start it. Usually there will be a troll in the audience that just says "Let's go Cena" which kids will just follow and that's what starts the dual chant practically every time.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Rusev arriving in a tank was as great on TV as it was live.

I also might have stumbled upon the hidden truth in regards to Cena chants: Women and kids aren't the ones that start it. Usually there will be a troll in the audience that just says "Let's go Cena" which kids will just follow and that's what starts the dual chant practically every time.

Lol I noticed that too. Some random dude just yells it and everyone goes along with it. Also seriously that Rusev entrance was absolutely incredible. I was in utter disbelief that it was actually happening. Coming out on a tank like omfg how could it not get more epic and ridiculous?!.

Kaladin

The more I think about it, I don't know if I'm okay with Seth cashing in MITB in the middle of the match.

That has never been okay before, right? You always had to do it before, or after a championship match, not during. Clearly other MITB briefcase holders and even Seth himself would have other opportunities if they could run down and add themselves to a match.

Top Bottom