• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's not as if you seemed like a huge fan of him in the first place. Personally, I prefer Honma.

You might be thinking of Stro. I've never had anything bad to say about Ishii, but it's 2015 and I'm over the 'I am tough guy underdog' and that's his entire gimmick.

Perhaps I am thinking of stro, where is he anyways? Shouldn't his ban be up by now?

I think Ishii works for the same reason Shibata does; their style stands out in modern New Japan. I don't honestly see Ishii going much further than this NEVER title reign, though. He's almost 40 and as much as I do enjoy his matches, they're all fairly similar.

Recall

Honma, the deathmatch guy turned gutsy underdog. He has been stuck in the same role for seemingly forever but it's cool to see he has a following.

Yeah, I'm very happy to see Honma get his due, even if it is largely off the back of a comedy move - for years Honma & Ishii were the secret best wrestlers on New Japan's undercard and it's great to see them get some recognition and success.

Kaladin

I think the only other outcome I would have accepted last night is a bloody God King Brock standing tall after stopping Reigns comeback.

I liked Reigns last night, and he looked as close to the guy as he ever did, but he's still not there.

A feud with Rollins over the belt will do him good though. Just don't put it on him yet. Hes' far from ready.

The issue I have from reading the results is the fact that Seth pinned Roman and won the title. So, why wouldn't a Seth Rollins get the Authority to set up Brock vs Jamie Noble for the title and then have Rollins run out, Noble lays down, and Rollins gets the title? You see what I mean when I say this sounds like an 8 year old wrote it?

Why would Brock ever agree to such an obvious cartoony ruse? It's like asking why Seth never just left a pile of Brock seed sitting around in the back then curb stomped Lesnar when he bent down to eat it

Okada's doing voice work from some animu named World Trigger;

lAfkl5e.jpg

0MiW1HF.jpg

Roman looked solid, but I've never really disliked his ring work. It's everything around that. The lack of personality, the feeling that anytime he has a live mic he's going to botch...that's where he needs the most improvement.

He has come a long way in the run to Mania and I hope he continues to improve and better define his character. I think they just need to ease off the pedal a little bit and let the crowd organically flock to him again until he's ready, otherwise he'll just continue to get booed.

I think he has a chance in an extended feud with Rollins to start getting widely cheered again. Seth is the top heel in the company right now by far. Plus, Seth can make him look really good as they continue to develop Roman because Seth and Roman almost certainly have great chemistry, and Seth can no doubt make Roman look good.

I do believe a lot of the boos Roman picked up at the Rumble and on have been more to do with Daniel Bryan than Roman himself, and because people thought he was anointed to win. So without the win, and with a feud with someone who will work really well with him (consider how fun he was feuding with Bryan) I think he's not too far off... and I think that feud will work nicely.

If Dean isn't crippled, you can even throw him into the mix.

The issue I have from reading the results is the fact that Seth pinned Roman and won the title. So, why wouldn't a Seth Rollins get the Authority to set up Brock vs Jamie Noble for the title and then have Rollins run out, Noble lays down, and Rollins gets the title? You see what I mean when I say this sounds like an 8 year old wrote it?

I have the same issue with fatal 4 way tag matches, they say right the way through that you can tag anybody in, what would stop Tyson and Cesaro both making sure they're tagged in for a pin or quick tap out.

Although that would have worked for breaking up Miz and Mizdow.

tumblr_nm09efnzgh1qzaoamo3_1280.jpg

Maybe them trying to build up the midcard titles with Cena and Daniel can give the most over guys last night, Dean, Zig, and Barret something to do instead of being in a crowded clusterfuck, and geriatrics and part timers who can't go can finally stop getting so much time.

Kaladin

tumblr_nm09efnzgh1qzaoamo3_1280.jpg

Maybe them trying to build up the midcard titles with Cena and Daniel can give the most over guys last night, Dean, Zig, and Barret something to do instead of being in a crowded clusterfuck, and geriatrics and part timers who can't go can finally stop getting so much time.

They've had so many "end of an era" moments in the past few years. Rock passing the torch to Cena, Taker's streak ending, Taker vs Triple H Hell In a Cell, this....

I'm ready for a Mania without Rock, Hogan, Triple H and all the names of the past.

Cagey

Banned
later on in the entrance, the fans fight back and security scrambles to do their job

iNRliDJ.gif
"Omgomgmg I'm so close to Roman Reigns need to record this is so cool... wait uh I mean FUCK YOU PERSON WITH BAD WORKRATE. Yeah. Totally showed him we mean business at r/squaredcircle "

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DATA WEST'S MATCHES OF 2015 as of 3/30/2015
This is based entirely on what I watch, so if something from the WWE or Lucha Underground isn't on there, it's because I don't watch it. I don't know if it's good or shit as I just haven't seen it. Some matches I like more than others, but I think all are worth a watch.
AJPW: Atsushi Aoki vs Keisuke Ishii @ Excite Series 2015 • Junior League semi-finals
AJPW: Atsushi Aoki vs Kotaro Suzuki @ Junior League Finals
AJPW: Atsushi Aoki vs SUWAMA @ AJPW TV
AJPW: Go Shiozaki vs Joe Doering(c) @ New Years Wars 2015
AJPW: Go Shiozaki(c) vs Zeus @ Excite Series 2015
AJPW: Go Shiozaki(c) vs Kento Miyahara @ Dream Power Series 2015
BJW: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Yuji Okabayashi @ Samurai TV weekly
DDT: HARASHIMA, Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo Vs Kota Ibushi, Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi @ Sweet Dreams 2015
KANA Pro: Ryuji Ito & Ayako Hamada vs. Jun Kasai & Arisa Nakajima @ KANA Pro Mania
KANA Pro: Hikaru Shida vs Arisa Nakajima @ KANA PRO Mania: Reach
NJPW: Kota Ibushi vs Shinsuke Nakamura(c) @ Wrestle Kingdom 9
NJPW: Kazushi Sakuraba vs Minoru Suzuki @ Wrestle Kingdom 9
NJPW: AJ Styles vs Tetsuya Naito @ Wrestle Kingdom 9 both have had better previously, but I'd feel weird not including who I think are the two best wrestlers in the world right now in this list. Styles/Ibushi could be a MOTY, certainly.
NJPW: Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi @ New Japan Cup
NOAH: Katsuhiko Nakajima Vs. Zack Sabre Jr. @ First Navigation 2015
NOAH: Kenou vs. Naomichi Marufuji @ Cho Kibou-Gun Produce
STARDOM: Kairi Hojo vs Io Shirai @ World of STARDOM
ZERO-1: “Dangan Yankees” Masato Tanaka & Takashi Sugiura (c) vs. Kohei Sato & Daisuke Sekimoto @ Samurai TV weekly
ZERO-1: Dangan Yankees (Masato Tanaka & Takashi Sugiura) vs. Dangan Yankees (Fujita Hayato & Ikuto Hidaka) @ Samurai TV weekly
ZERO-1 : Yoshihiro Takayama, Daisuke Sekimoto, Takashi Sugiura, Ryoji Sai & Akebono vs. Masato Tanaka, Hideki Suzuki, Kohei Sato, Yusaku Obata & Shinjiro Otani @ Samurai TV weekly
WRESTLE-1: Shinjiro Otani vs Masakatsu Funaki
Yoji Anjo Produce: Ryuki Ueyama vs. Daisuke Nakamura @ Yoji Anjo Retirement Show

I predict the following will have a blowout 2015: Go Shiozaki, Kota Ibushi(IF he forsakes DDT for NJPW. If not, he'll be in the Naito/Shibata spot), Tetsuya Naito(I'll keep predicting it until it happens), AJ Styles(again), Kenou, Takeshi Morishima, Deisuke Sekimoto(again), Kairi Hojo, Yusaku Obata,Seiki Yoshioka, Daisuke Harada, Kento Miyahara(he's ready, bros), Zack Sabre Jr, Hikaru Shida, Ryoji Sai, Kohei Sato, Jason Lee(if they don't continue fucking him up), Kotaro Suzuki, Evolution(Doering & Suwama) - They have everything to be the next big tag team in Japan, Shinjiro Otani - Old man Otani had a killer year in 2014. He's one of my favorites to watch right now and the fact that he looks way older than he is just makes him prime for Tenryu's grumpy old man spot.
The following will have a downfall in some way:
Atsushi Aoki - Despite the fact that he's outperforming just about everyone, he's a character that I don't think will work as well without the title. While Suzuki/Aoki is the best rivalry going right now for me, there's slim pickings for Atsushi after this feud even though he can work with both juniors and heavyweights. While Kotaro will do well due to his younger fanbase, I worry about Aoki being lost in the shuffle.

Naomichi Marufuji - While I do think the Suzuki-gun storyline is yet ANOTHER attempt to get Marufuji over despite his constant lackluster years (a la his feud with Nagata serving only to try to get Marufuji over), I think people will be sick of it. I think people are getting sick of him being the focus of NOAH and not having any star power as an Ace like Tanahashi or Okada or even Shiozaki. Suzuki is just a cooler character, and the younger guys in NOAH are just more likeable. Hopefully this will humble Marufuji and he'll work the midcard for a while and some other guys can challenge Suzuki. Despite that..

Minoru Suzuki - Yep. This is a surprising one, but I'm looking at the future here, and it doesn't look too bright. The only money feuds I see with Suzuki coming up are Takayama and Morishima. Takayama likely won't stick around for longer than a month, and Morishima has to be motivated. Beyond that, Suzuki is working with the heavyweights of NOAH. The heavyweights of NOAH are equivalent to the junior heavyweights of NJPW. Most of them aren't really over or are lazy because they don't draw as well as they used to. Suzuki will suffer being stuck in NOAH without any real competition. The only third option I see is Suguira, and I don't see him going far if he's having trouble with Suzuki's chronies.

Ryusuke Taguchi - This fuck gets less of a reaction every time I watch NJPW. He's so fucking lame that I don't know who is even cheering for him anymore. Kids are cheering for AJ, Naito, Ibushi, Tanahashi, and Okada. They don't cheer for Taguchi. Adults are cheering for AJ, Nakamura, Okada, and Shibata. Who is left for this useless fuck who can't work a good match to save his life? The only reason people put up with him is because of how dire the junior division is.

Katsuyori Shibata - I hate to say it because I love him, but if NJPW keeps sitting on him in favor of AJ or Okada or Tanahashi, he's fucked. No matter how well he performs, he's stuck in purgatory and while I don't predict him to fall as far as the others in this list might... He could end up in Goto territory of never being a main eventer despite the fact that he's basically groomed for it.
Who will be in NXT by the end of the year: Zack Sabre Jr and Hikaru Shida

fuck that took forever

hamchan

God I love Seth Rollins. I love the money in the bank concept. Only sad part about today is that we don't get to see Seth Rollins travel with that briefcase anymore.

Kaladin

That does bring up an interesting point.

Even a few years ago, Rollins would have had much more done to him for something like that, even if it wasn't his fault.

He certainly wouldn't be our champ now.

Steph is not a worker and Rousey has never worked a move in her life

She didn't seem to have a problem wrestling as Summerslam last year. And Rousey can't at least throw a worked punch or something? Christ, anything.

Also that fatal 4 way tag match was legit, should've been on the main show.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I feel like Steph and Ronda could have practiced a safe little hip toss like the one HHH took. It's definitely past the point of annoyance with Steph not getting her just deserts.

That does bring up an interesting point.

Even a few years ago, Rollins would have had much more done to him for something like that, even if it wasn't his fault.

He certainly wouldn't be our champ now.

Seth is Kliq'd up, he has immunity breh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mr. H's bumping is phenomenal.
bryansuicide.gif

bryankendo.gif

That shit when he gets thrown out of the ring or whatever by Bryan during the triple threat and he's flopping all over the place is fucking hilarious.

Top Bottom