• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Mahonay

Banned
hahahah yay!!!!!!!!!

tapout-splash.jpg

B4oxS.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rusev's 'super athlete' gimmick becomes completely exposed as soon as he'd face a face Lesnar though.

They need to stay in separate bubbles, which has served them both well so far.

Hey Europeans,

Why do so many of you stick up for that piece of shit Jeremy Clarkson? The guy is a complete piece of garbage, yet people seem to defend him. Is it just because some of you like stupid car shows?

Sincerely,

Sunny

Yeah, it's because people like a stupid car show and his brand of pompous buffoonery resonates with a lot of people. Either because they agree with his sentiments and general attitude, or find it pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things. He's played up the character ever since he started to become a figure of hate, some of the things he said over the years were clearly designed to sow outrage and controversy, which in turn sold copies of his books, newspaper articles, DVDs, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i think Ruthless Aggression era Sable is underrated.

Maybe if she wasn't standing next to Torrie and you were REALLY into women who looked older than they actually are.

And we're talking wifeing here. Sable is like one of the worst people in wrestling history

jmdajr

Maybe if she wasn't standing next to Torrie and you were REALLY into women who looked older than they actually are.

And we're talking wifeing here. Sable is like one of the worst people in wrestling history

I don't know man. I mean Brock has been with her for awhile. Maybe she's not that bad outside the wrestling biz.
Don't hear to many bad stories outside of ego.

We definitely know Sunny is a fucking disaster outside of it.

I only know Lana from Instagram and she seems cool.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, it's because people like a stupid car show and his brand of pompous buffoonery resonates with a lot of people. Either because they agree with his sentiments and general attitude, or find it pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things. He's played up the character ever since he started to become a figure of hate, some of the things he said over the years were clearly designed to sow outrage and controversy, which in turn sold copies of his books, newspaper articles, DVDs, etc.

He's a character. Simple as that. Are they right for sacking him because he punched a co-worker? Of course they are.

As for the insensitive things he says sometimes, it's just hyperbolic bs, nothing really to get upset about. Culturally, Europe in general isn't as sensitive to name-calling either, I think that's part of it too.

scabro

I haven't watched the video because 'uh i have hot girls as wrestlers' immediately turned me off.

It's 'that kind' of video while claiming it's not, isn't it?

just from the first page

I'll be honest, i was interested in watching the video until i saw Alucard's "you HAVE to watch this video to be caught up in the lastest of internet wrestling culture" post.

I swore then and there to end it all if my eyes ever shall doth fall upon it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love Brock Lesnar the wrestler and am fascinated by Brock Lesnar the person. But Brock is also HnI. So it's not like he's a great person himself.

Rusev and Lana are part of that new generation of wrestlers that play xbox and smoke pot instead of doing the carny shit.

Kayfabe Commentaries is going to go out of business in about ten years when that's all they've got left is those guys who won't have any interesting stories to tell. Like Evan Bourne and Brodus Clay.

dream

Let's not act like Frankman can't defend himself. He can easily log onto his shared alt account, Herpes Reasons (as he does for every major WWE PPV) in order to do so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's a character. Simple as that. Are they right for sacking him because he punched a co-worker? Of course they are.

As for the insensitive things he says sometimes, it's just hyperbolic bs, nothing really to get upset about. Culturally, Europe in general isn't as sensitive to name-calling either, I think that's part of it too.

He really sounds like Britain's version of Adam Carolla. Guy's a genius but he knows how to say things to get people upset and can't resist.

I still remember him pissing off islanders saying Pacquiao "prays to chicken bones"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Timeline WWE: 2014 with Dolph Ziggler

'I had just finished playing a sick game of COD and that was the day.... that I posted that snarky tweet.'

scabro

regarding clarkson, if every entertainer who was an asshole piece of shit was fired there would be no industry.

i have no problem with you being a cunt within reason if you're entertaining. may i remind you the nature of this very business.

regarding clarkson, if every entertainer who was an asshole piece of shit was fired there would be no industry.

i have no problem with you being a cunt within reason if you're entertaining. may i remind you the nature of this very business.

Pretty much. Look at Austin. Everyone loves him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And yet no one raised a stink when Heyman basically said that Reigns's grandparents were cannibals.

What if he was factually correct? Maybe the audience did the research and found out no lies were told

or the audience doesn't care because they're too privileged

Pretty much. Look at Austin. Everyone loves him.

Austin the Asshole? The guy who supports gay marriage? I don't think he's an asshole, pal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had no idea Gary Albright married into the Samoan family.
4REmI90.gif

He looks the part.
Austin the Asshole? The guy who supports gay marriage? I don't think he's an asshole, pal.

Austin supports the right for homosexuals to beat their spouses just as much as heterosexuals.

dream

I don't know who Jeremy Clarkson or what Top Gear is, but reading this situation in conjunction with the Alberto El Patron situation indicates a shift towards privileging producers over performers, scabro, which I suspect stems from a fear of litigation. Which is interesting for two reasons:

1) years ago these producers would have been paid to keep their mouth shut
2) years ago getting punched (particularly if you fucked up and deserved it, like in the Alberto El Patron scenario) wasn't a big deal

more proof that we are all pussies these days

Patryn

Hey Europeans,

Why do so many of you stick up for that piece of shit Jeremy Clarkson? The guy is a complete piece of garbage, yet people seem to defend him. Is it just because some of you like stupid car shows?

Sincerely,

Sunny

There are some of us who both feel that Clarkson was justifiably "fired", but also hope that he starts a new show elsewhere.

Sephzilla

There are some of us who both feel that Clarkson was justifiably "fired", but also hope that he starts a new show elsewhere.

Basically this. What he did totally warranted him being fired, but the end result is that he's probably going to go and make a new successful TV show because he's still really entertaining.

Top Bottom