• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DATA WEST'S MATCHES OF 2015 as of 3/30/2015
This is based entirely on what I watch, so if something from the WWE or Lucha Underground isn't on there, it's because I don't watch it. I don't know if it's good or shit as I just haven't seen it. Some matches I like more than others, but I think all are worth a watch.

I predict the following will have a blowout 2015: Go Shiozaki, Kota Ibushi(IF he forsakes DDT for NJPW. If not, he'll be in the Naito/Shibata spot), Tetsuya Naito(I'll keep predicting it until it happens), AJ Styles(again), Kenou, Takeshi Morishima, Deisuke Sekimoto(again), Kairi Hojo, Yusaku Obata,Seiki Yoshioka, Daisuke Harada, Kento Miyahara(he's ready, bros), Zack Sabre Jr, Hikaru Shida, Ryoji Sai, Kohei Sato, Jason Lee(if they don't continue fucking him up), Kotaro Suzuki, Evolution(Doering & Suwama) - They have everything to be the next big tag team in Japan, Shinjiro Otani - Old man Otani had a killer year in 2014. He's one of my favorites to watch right now and the fact that he looks way older than he is just makes him prime for Tenryu's grumpy old man spot.
The following will have a downfall in some way:
Atsushi Aoki - Despite the fact that he's outperforming just about everyone, he's a character that I don't think will work as well without the title. While Suzuki/Aoki is the best rivalry going right now for me, there's slim pickings for Atsushi after this feud even though he can work with both juniors and heavyweights. While Kotaro will do well due to his younger fanbase, I worry about Aoki being lost in the shuffle.

Naomichi Marufuji - While I do think the Suzuki-gun storyline is yet ANOTHER attempt to get Marufuji over despite his constant lackluster years (a la his feud with Nagata serving only to try to get Marufuji over), I think people will be sick of it. I think people are getting sick of him being the focus of NOAH and not having any star power as an Ace like Tanahashi or Okada or even Shiozaki. Suzuki is just a cooler character, and the younger guys in NOAH are just more likeable. Hopefully this will humble Marufuji and he'll work the midcard for a while and some other guys can challenge Suzuki. Despite that..

Minoru Suzuki - Yep. This is a surprising one, but I'm looking at the future here, and it doesn't look too bright. The only money feuds I see with Suzuki coming up are Takayama and Morishima. Takayama likely won't stick around for longer than a month, and Morishima has to be motivated. Beyond that, Suzuki is working with the heavyweights of NOAH. The heavyweights of NOAH are equivalent to the junior heavyweights of NJPW. Most of them aren't really over or are lazy because they don't draw as well as they used to. Suzuki will suffer being stuck in NOAH without any real competition. The only third option I see is Suguira, and I don't see him going far if he's having trouble with Suzuki's chronies.

Ryusuke Taguchi - This fuck gets less of a reaction every time I watch NJPW. He's so fucking lame that I don't know who is even cheering for him anymore. Kids are cheering for AJ, Naito, Ibushi, Tanahashi, and Okada. They don't cheer for Taguchi. Adults are cheering for AJ, Nakamura, Okada, and Shibata. Who is left for this useless fuck who can't work a good match to save his life? The only reason people put up with him is because of how dire the junior division is.

Katsuyori Shibata - I hate to say it because I love him, but if NJPW keeps sitting on him in favor of AJ or Okada or Tanahashi, he's fucked. No matter how well he performs, he's stuck in purgatory and while I don't predict him to fall as far as the others in this list might... He could end up in Goto territory of never being a main eventer despite the fact that he's basically groomed for it.
Who will be in NXT by the end of the year: Zack Sabre Jr and Hikaru Shida

fuck that took forever

Bookmarking this post. I appreciate you taking the time to write all this out, and it's a great set of matches for people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So wait... How does the avatar bet go now?

I decided to give Seth credit and wear this till Summerslam. Even though neither of us are losers or winners and it's a wash, I respect Seth-kun enough (maybe it should be Seth-sama at this point) that I'm going to rep his victory.

Mengetsu

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/582382385381175296
zeC5Hb4.jpg

Some shallow people in the world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
sPdX9RE.png

Still laughing. Also, it's funny to me because Dana is working people.

Fox318

I put mania on during a party that wasn't for mania

"You know this is fake right?"
"Wait people still watch this stuff?"
"I thought wrestling went out of business with the old stuff on TNT?"

Browny

Banned
So WWE predictions

Who loses their belt first
Bryan
Cena
Rollins

History would dictate that Bryan heads up the list - the IC belt has been a hot potato of shite booking for a while.

Rather enjoyed WM (watched it this morning).

A shame that Wyatt didn't get the nightime entrance - or the win. Difficult to see what they can do with him now - unless Taker takes him under his wing somehow?

Dope main event has already been talked about. Reigns worked hard, it seemed to be as well laid out as could have been hoped for.

Sting could have taken the win, but a decent match nonetheless. Of all the matches to feature shenanigans, I'm happy it was this one. But why do I sense a ladder match / pole match coming up...

Divas match was good (apart from the lying around) - hopefully with Charlotte coming up (and not being hot-shotted to the title, Paige style), there can be some decent matches moving forwards.

Rollins - Orton was good too - nicely paced and another great finish. I was almost expecting a Rollins DQ (to hark back to Edge's original cash-in, when he clocked Flair earlier on in the night) - in fact, it may have been better, to give Orton something to work with if / when they feud.

Battle Royale - ok ish. Nice to see Hideo - hopefully he can stiff some jobsworths. I hope Big Show gets the same level of push that Cesaro did, i.e. straight to Superstars.

And the ladder match was great - but it was always going to be. Can't remember a multi-man ladder match that didn't get the adrenaline running (apart from Cenawinslol).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I put mania on during a party that wasn't for mania

"You know this is fake right?"
"Wait people still watch this stuff?"
"I thought wrestling went out of business with the old stuff on TNT?"

I'll have to remember these lines for next year's Wrestlemania party.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everything I've seen of NWO at WM makes me really, really happy. Like whatever about the match, it's just awesome seeing stuff like Nash bumping, Hogan punching X-Pac, and Hall handing Sting the bat even if a lot of it doesn't make sense.

Zach

Everything I've seen of NWO at WM makes me really, really happy. Like whatever about the match, it's just awesome seeing stuff like Nash bumping, Hogan punching X-Pac, and Hall handing Sting the bat even if a lot of it doesn't make sense.
Yep, yep. It was a lot of fun.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
is the whole Ronda thing basically vince shitting on punk even more ?

you know he hated him showing up at ufc events etc

Sephzilla

Overall that was a better wrestlemania than I went into it expecting.

HHH's Terminator entrance was dumb, and that's exactly what made it amazing. The Mortal Kombat final boss had to be rebuilt into a fucking machine after Bryan ended him last year.

I hope Raw tonight starts up a Rollins vs Brock feud, because Roman has no legit claim to a title match anymore. But Roman will probably come out and act like he deserves a shot despite the fact that Brock mauled him last night.

I expect - when stephanie comes out Rhonda is going to kill you chant.
Reigns to still get booed unless rollins does some god tier heeling

but yeah im not to sure what to expect i dont think any big surprises will happen, maybe a new up and comer from NXT

and Sheamus to return and feud for the belt against Daniel bryan

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Terminator thing might have worked better if it wasn't for the fact that a real Terminator works for the WWE, and it's not Triple H.
Brock-Lesnar-Reurns-to-WWE.jpg

Bray's entrance looks cool. Some people were complaining about it in daylight, but I don't know. I think it made it all the creepier.

Top Bottom