• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Heh,

did anyone else notice that when the nWo came out last night, JBL tried to do the, whose side are they on? thing but the other announcers no-sold it? I think it was JBL that said that....might have been Cole.....but it was just ignored.

Yeah it was JBL. I thought it was a good touch because the nWo coming out to help Sting is pretty ridiculous.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Captain NOAH shit is so awkward. He comes out with the faces(Harada and Hirayanagi) against the heels(Kenou, Ohara and Kitamiya) and he's the least over person. He tries to get babyface heat when he pushes Hirayanagi and gets almost no reaction because Hirayanagi is way more over than him. It's like they don't realize Captain NOAH isn't over at all.

Jado and Gedo go home. Pls go homu.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
;_;

tumblr_nm0yc3VjHs1rmvjexo1_1280.jpg

;_; ;_; ;_;

Now kiss...

joelseph

Bray's entrance just wasn't clicking with me. The lantern in BROAD DAYLIGHT, scarecrows *why*, and just how abrupt it felt. I was expecting Bray to be the ultimate troll and have druids carry him in a casket and him coming out of it just to fuck with Taker....instead we got an rendition of Thriller.

I felt the same way. It seemed like they were trying to will the sun to set over the stadium minutes leading up to their fight. I think they did a good job of recovering with Taker's entrance. That walkup shot was excellent.

The Triple H/Sting match was alright but for fuck sake was it over booked nonsense, H-cubed had to get his buddies and Hogan something to do. Triple H's entrance was silly with that stupid thing he was wearing.

Kaladin

The Triple H/Sting match was alright but for fuck sake was it over booked nonsense, H-cubed had to get his buddies and Hogan something to do. Triple H's entrance was silly with that stupid thing he was wearing.

Over booked nonsense, sounds like a fitting tribute to the Monday Night War.

klonere

Banned
changed my avatar in anticipation of the most sought after return of any WWE superstar. He is going to blow the roof off tonights Raw, can't wait for his 3rd run with Byran where he will emerge one of the finest IC champs of all time.

Moving past the highlights of the evening, other people or things people did that stood out positively.

- Big Show was excellent in that battle royal. Just awesome as the arrogant monster. I was laughing so hard when he didn't sneak up on Mizdow to throw him over after he was distracted, and kept chillin in the corner, because he's 7 foot 400 pounds and why would he need a sneak attack victory. You wanted to see him lose as a fan and you understand why he won.
- Ziggler, Bryan and Co. for running up the damn ladders all the time, instead of struggling with each step to let the next guy have time to stop them. Made it believable.
- A couple awesome camera shots. Cesaro rising up behind Big Show.
- Big E and Kofi are pretty damn good together.
- Lesnar and Reigns letting the other guy beat the shit out of them. Lesnar's fights always have a #biggerfightfeel because he's willing to eat full blows and his opponents are willing to let Lesnar do some of the same (not as much, obv).
- I now hate Seth and want him to get murdered by Brock and Reigns pulling him limb from limb before those two fight each other in a ring covered in Seth's blood. Which is what Seth is supposed to make me feel. Awesome heel.

All in all, I was entertained. Is that not why we are here?

*drops sword*

Spaniard, Spaniard.

Yeah, I enjoyed Big Show in the Royal. It was the first time in a long time he's embraced his Giant 'heritage' and looked good.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Remember friends, before you get yourselves into full mark mode, last years WM and Raw after were pretty fresh, but 3 weeks later it was back to being unwatchable dog shit like usual. Be prepared, friendos

God damn, I've rewatched Rusev's entrance three times now. It's sooooo good, I wonder if Cena feels like a piece of shit for missing the chance to see it live.

RP912

Banned
Another thing would have made sense if they wanted to go the overbooked route with Sting/Trips. They could have had a mindgames sort of thing. They could have DX and NWO work on stings side and the WCW alumni working on Trips side to throw people the hell off.

OR

Trips being Trips, have DX come out to lay out Sting but Sting prevails. The NWO serving Trips by beating up Sting but Sting prevails, and then a random Flair coming out while Sting is close to making trips tap out and hitting him with brass knuckles for Trips to get the ultimate win, and at the same time make Sting look good. It would have been dope if Trips pulled no punches with having portions of the Monday Night Wars to end Sting but it takes a WCW veteran to put the final nail in the coffin.

God damn, I've rewatched Rusev's entrance three times now. It's sooooo good, I wonder if Cena feels like a piece of shit for missing the chance to see it live.

Yeah that was a little odd, I was expecting something big from Cena in return, but... we got some boring Speech about how America is built on war.

Another thing would have made sense if they wanted to go the overbooked route with Sting/Trips. They could have had a mindgames sort of thing. They could have DX and NWO work on stings side and the WCW alumni working on Trips side to throw people the hell off.

OR

Trips being Trips, have DX come out to lay out Sting but Sting prevails. The NWO serving Trips by beating up Sting but Sting prevails, and then a random Flair coming out while Sting is close to making trips tap out and hitting him with brass knuckles for Trips to get the ultimate win, and at the same time make Sting look good. It would have been dope if Trips pulled no punches with having portions of the Monday Night Wars to end Sting but it takes a WCW veteran to put the final nail in the coffin.

Oh that would have been pretty sweet.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
changed my avatar in anticipation of the most sought after return of any WWE superstar. He is going to blow the roof off tonights Raw, can't wait for his 3rd run with Byran where he will emerge one of the finest IC champs of all time.

He's coming back as a heel to take on Cena. Bring home the US Championship to where it belongs.

Browny

Banned
So, let me get this right: Jimmy Jacobs debuts as a writer tonight - and has to help move things forwards? Oh my... (Mind you, can't be any worse than last year...)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
kZpxlYb.gif

The pop for Takayama turning on Suzuki-gun was nuts by modern NOAH standards.
OdEGoCZ.gif

This was easily the best thing about the NOAH card.

Maybach no selling Marufuji's handshake was money too.

Zach

Haha... I just realized Rusev entered first. Man... things are so much more enjoyable when you're not looking for the little "booking insults".

Raw64life

Haha... I just realized Rusev entered first. Man... things are so much more enjoyable when you're not looking for the little "booking insults".

I was also confused as to why Rusev demanded to be introduced first in the ring. If you're the champion, you should be demanding to be introduced last.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Remember friends, before you get yourselves into full mark mode, last years WM and Raw after were pretty fresh, but 3 weeks later it was back to being unwatchable dog shit like usual. Be prepared, friendos

I actually thought the product was generally good last year. Not everything hits, but when it's good, though, it's real good, like the Ambrose and Rollins feud.

klonere

Banned

thats almost as beautiful than the sight of the belt on Sheamus

Watched a bit of the main event again, Roman can sell guys. I actually felt kinda bad for him when I knew he wasn't winning, he took (and gave) some stiff stuff. I guess thats why Cena matches sucked - because you always knew he was never in any danger of not overcoming the odds.

Recall

I'm excited for who they give Rollins as challengers. Along with being HHH's chosen one Seth certainly has the ability to make something entertaining out of almost any match up so my expectations are now quite high for his run.

I have no doubt in my mind that Cena absolutely wanted to join Rusev in that tank.

I can just picture him in the back "Oh man I feel like such a dick, Rusev went to all this effort and all I did was put together a slideshow in Final Cut... fuck I even forgot to pick up a flag, oh well RAPADOOO~"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love the idea, but Sheamus looks so different BlackGAF
88B6Wny.png

Mahonay

Banned
Excited for RAW tonight, especially after Seth-kun saved wrestling last night.

I just want this year not to be total garbage again. I'd like to actually want to watch RAW week to week, instead of skipping it constantly.

Top Bottom